User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: SSL / HTTPS Security now enabled on SC Forum

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have finally fallen to the dreaded double post. No message about leaving the page, nothing. Just bam! There it is. Also, having a tough time with thelackofspacesinareplytoanotherpost. I used to be able to get around it by going advanced but today my advanced was blank. Is that what you're talking about too, @rockco ? Then I figured out that if I chose the multi-quote button the spaces worked.
    Newfiescreech and rockco like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@GoJays , from the replies received, @dataiv concurs the following are errors:
    - REPLY opens a blank page, going ADVANCED MODE also blank page
    - Double Posts (forum is littered with many double posts)

This problem is new:
    "thelackofspacesinareplytoanotherpost. Then I figured out that if I chose the multi-quote button the spaces worked

I cannot determine if @dataiv concurs we are all experiencing log-in problems, staying logged in while performing tasks and the constant need to confirm credentials at various steps of the editing process. Several forum members have commented on this behavior, but I'm not sure if the techs agree it's an issue.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@GoJays , from the replies received, @dataiv concurs the following are errors:

This problem is new:
    "thelackofspacesinareplytoanotherpost. Then I figured out that if I chose the multi-quote button the spaces worked

I cannot determine if @dataiv concurs we are all experiencing log-in problems, staying logged in while performing tasks and the constant need to confirm credentials at various steps of the editing process. Several forum members have commented on this behavior, but I'm not sure if the techs agree it's an issue.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KelJo View Post
    @dataiv
    I'm still not able to update my trade list and its been over a week- F5, refresh does not work--just blank post..and if I try to copy/paste and start a new thread, blank-blank-blank..any advice? Its frustrating not being able to post coupons on a coupon site.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I have finally fallen to the dreaded double post. No message about leaving the page, nothing. Just bam! There it is. Also, having a tough time with thelackofspacesinareplytoanotherpost. I used to be able to get around it by going advanced but today my advanced was blank. Is that what you're talking about too, @rockco? Then I figured out that if I chose the multi-quote button the spaces worked.
    Yeah the blank post is still my main issue too. My TL is looking fine now, but my WL thread is impossible to copy & paste over from my other thread (my initial attempt at resolving the issue: creating separate TL and WL threads) and some of the posts just lead me over to a blank form, which I haven't been able to get around. Been difficult to try to trade without a proper WL.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockco View Post
    @GoJays, from the replies received, @dataiv concurs the following are errors:

This problem is new:

I probably shouldn't say this out loud because so far luck has been on my side with this issue, but I haven't had any problems with staying logged in. Yep, I just jinxed it.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I have finally fallen to the dreaded double post. No message about leaving the page, nothing. Just bam! There it is. Also, having a tough time with thelackofspacesinareplytoanotherpost. I used to be able to get around it by going advanced but today my advanced was blank. Is that what you're talking about too, @rockco? Then I figured out that if I chose the multi-quote button the spaces worked.
    ihavethesamespacingproblemswhenusingchromewhenirep lywithquote..
    it doesn't happen in firefox. and look at that! the second line of this post is properly spaced?!!
    Newfiescreech, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

does anyone else get this when posting an image?
    and then have the image appear twice in the post, once as an attachment.

Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 23 in [path]/includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 458
    Newfiescreech and KelJo like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

what's going on?!!
    everything was fine until about a week ago.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Leafs are in the Playoffs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    what's going on?!!
    everything was fine until about a week ago.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    The Leafs are in the Playoffs!!!!

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 23 in [path]/includes/class_wysiwygparser.php on line 458

Yes, I mentioned this in a previous post--seen this error message several times today
    Newfiescreech and heartgirl99 like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KelJo View Post
    Yes, I mentioned this in a previous post--seen this error message several times today
    argh! frustrating!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

ihavethesamespacingproblemswhenusingchromewhenirep lywithquote..
    it doesn't happen in firefox. and look at that! the second line of this post is properly spaced?!!
    It happens to users with Firefox too, only seems to be on quotes.
    Hitting enter or posting the reply above the quote seems to fix it though
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

@dataiv ??
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All, the preg_match error should not happen now. I just made a change to the expression that should fix it. In regard to other things you are all experiencing, I personally haven't ever been logged out or requested to log back-in at any random time, but I do believe it happens to you.

I believe there is a plan to get an expert in VB's code to look into these issues mentioned along with an upgrade, as my experience isn't suited to me trying to solve CSS/AJAX/Cookie type issues. On the server side I see no errors when I try to edit a large post, so I am not sure what is going on there at all. I wish I could solve all the issues ...

And thank you for posting any PHP warnings or errors (like the preg_match one) or server errors that you see. If you post those, they are typically things I can look into, more so than the actual functionality of vBulletin (VB) as a whole. So please keep posting if you see errors or messages like that one.

*update: try editing large posts now, small change made to character encoding in filling the text box that may fix it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information