Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Sears Liquidation

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    yes
    I heard about the mark ups during liquidation
    They said that the liquidators can set the prices, so that the creditors can be repaid.
    ROMEO and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Good thing when our store closed I think it was just sears doing the final sales not a liquidator. When our store closed a few months ago they said it was just too big for a clearance store and they were finding it hard to find clearance products to fill such a large space. The exact same craftsman jeans I bought for $5.00 are advertised currently on the US sears site for $30us. I saw a bunch of point zero sweaters online months before sears closed for $70 which I bought for $9.00 so I lucked out before the liquidators took over. I hate when the liquidation companies take over and hike everything up.
    anisa, Tweets77 and Tommycoupons like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Very typical with any liquidation process. Not surprised either.

Although THIS surprised me...

Attachment 336329
    Tommycoupons and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If your sears has one of the new contemporary stationary departments, the items are 20% off.

If I hadn't already raided it with my kids a couple of months back, I would have picked up more than I did a couple of days ago.

Reminiscent of the types of items you find at Muji.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Guys! I got great deals!
    I'm very happy with my purchase. I was able to get a Lodge 6 qt Dutch Oven for only $43.99! The original price was $129.99, the blue label was $79.99 and the sign said 20% off, so I was lining up thinking it would ring up $63.99. But it was $20 less than I expected. I love my new Dutch oven!!! It's in "oyster" (white), the colour that I wanted! You often have to compromise colour when it comes to sales, but I got lucky! :D
    Name:  16-Lodge-Dutch-Oven_Lodge-5-Qt-Dutch-Oven_Lodge-5-Quart-Double-Dutch-Oven_Lodge-Logic-Dutch-Oven.jpg
Views: 2260
Size:  86.6 KB
    I don't get why people are complaining about the liquidation mess on Youtube. I went to the Sears at Bramalea City Centre in Brampton 3 times last week. They are still reasonably tidy. Like the Boxing Day sale type of reasonable mess. The cashier line was under 15 minutes. There were no wait in changing room.

Here's what I think are worth buying:
    Have you guys noticed that Sears have been knocking off brand name stuff for the past year as part of the WTS (What the Sears) campaign to modernize the store? You would see things from Ikea lookalike furniture to Eames chair knockoffs. They often use poorer materials. Like the Sears brand ballet flats that are copies from classic London Sole, but they use man made materials instead of leather. They are only $9.99. Pretty cute but unlikely to last.

I bought a tote bag that looks like the classic Land's End tote for $9.99. It's pretty good quality.

I got a Sears brand stripped sweater, 100% Merino wool, for $31.97 (20% off $39.99). I thought it was a great deal given the great material and design. I can see it lasting 5 years or more. It looks a bit like the striped J. Crew sweater Kate Middleton often wears. I love it.

My father got some Sears brand sleeveless workout shirts for $8. They look like Under Armour.

There was a large faux leather bag in dull-pink on the first day of sale. It looked very fancy, like a Furla or Coccinelle knockoff. It was about $30. Regret not getting it. I thought it was too large, but damn! It was pretty.

They have good design Sears brand stationery that are knockoff of Muji with the beige covers and minimalist look. Plenty of color pens, gel pens, coloring pencils... They also sell desktop organizers, very minimalist looking as well.

In general, most people are too busy hunting for the cheapest things, that it leaves you with a lot of options for slightly more expensive but good value items.

Things you shouldn't buy:
    Cosmetics are not on sale.
    Kitchenware such as knives and food storage are overpriced.
    Cookware, such as low-end T-fal sets, are not great price. They're OK. Get them if you need, but you are likely going to get better price or better options elsewhere close to Christmas.
    Women's underwear are more expensive than The Bay.

On the fence:
    They sell these Joseph Joseph nesting prep-bowl knockoff. JJ brand is about $70, but Sears brand is about $20. I don't know if their plastic is as good. I think it is a good gift for someone's first kitchen. And it's Sears brand, so you will not going to get this knockoff product after it's gone.
    anisa, dagney, JadeAngel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I have noticed that for the past few months, Sears has not had the stock replenished on the prestige perfumes and cosmetics so that told me something was up. I am also guessing that we will never see that stuff on sale!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Even CBC has picked up the news about Sears liquidators jacking up the prices.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/sear...ices-1.4373270
    Tommycoupons likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    Even CBC has picked up the news about Sears liquidators jacking up the prices.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/sear...ices-1.4373270
    Let the gouging being. Feel free to peel back that sticker and see the real price. LOL
    Why people even bother with these "deals" and then shame themselves complaining to the media.
    It is SEARS. Walk away!!!
    Tommycoupons likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well I guess you are onto the "jacked up prices" at Sears...so typical of that store...honestly, I won't miss it. It is huge here and will leave a big hole in our mall, but having walked around the place for about a half hour last week, I was only reminded of why I rarely shopped there. Besides the rusted-out staff who should have retired years ago or had re-training, the quality of the merchandise compared to any other stores in our mall (with the exception of WM), was mediocre at best. I do feel sorry for the little old ladies who will have to shop somewhere else for that whole Alia division of dated clothes for short people. The revolving door of chairmen/women made a mess of things that were barely tolerable to begin with.

I've seen posts of price tags torn off with lower prices under them for heaven's sake! No wonder people are furious.

As for cosmetics, a friend told me that when she went back to her store just before they closed for her Clinique, everything had been shipped out. Likely to outlet sales somewhere else. Or we may see them at dollarama...

Nope. Sears won't be missed by me. jmpo

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Your post wins! I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Well I guess you are onto the "jacked up prices" at Sears...so typical of that store...honestly, I won't miss it. It is huge here and will leave a big hole in our mall, but having walked around the place for about a half hour last week, I was only reminded of why I rarely shopped there. Besides the rusted-out staff who should have retired years ago or had re-training, the quality of the merchandise compared to any other stores in our mall (with the exception of WM), was mediocre at best. I do feel sorry for the little old ladies who will have to shop somewhere else for that whole Alia division of dated clothes for short people. The revolving door of chairmen/women made a mess of things that were barely tolerable to begin with.

I've seen posts of price tags torn off with lower prices under them for heaven's sake! No wonder people are furious.

As for cosmetics, a friend told me that when she went back to her store just before they closed for her Clinique, everything had been shipped out. Likely to outlet sales somewhere else. Or we may see them at dollarama...

Nope. Sears won't be missed by me. jmpo
    Lynn49 and dahliagrower like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hahahaha....sad but true, @GoJays . Months ago, I told a couple of old cashiers to start looking for new jobs or take their retirement...they laughed and told me that, "Nahhh!! Nothing's going to happen to Sears...it's too big." Uh-huh. I wonder what they're thinking now......I'm not going to miss it. Instead of catering to the people who actually shopped there or hoped to find something for themselves there, they turned the whole thing around and tried to attract the younger crowd. Our DD was impressed with the J Manuel line, but no sooner had she purchased a few items, it too went the way of the do-do bird! So naturally she never went back. And neither have I.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have been looking for a gas dryer - was going to go with a used one - but Kijiji prices were not very encouraging. Scooped up a gas dryer at Sears - a week or so ago - for under $400 - sadly had to pay almost $100 for delivery - but it is still a good deal. Just stopped by there today in the hopes that they were dropping the fridge prices. Well, they are, but apparently we are looking in the wrong century - nothing less than $1000 in the newer styles. Guess we'll have to save for awhile longer
    anisa likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Went into my Sears today (Pen) to take a look around for some pants. Still too pricey for my liking, they did have some pants that were a decent price ($19.99/$12.99 + either 50 or 25% extra off), but they were dressier than I was looking for. May go back in later to see if the prices go down more. (Hopefully!!)
    anisa and Anna Michele like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I read somewhere on FB that the Brick were talking about honouring Sears extended warranties.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Not exactly... Here's a quote from newswire.ca

The Brick, with its relationship with all major appliance suppliers, is ready to provide repair services to Sears customers who may be left stranded without repair service options. To help offset the costs for servicing an appliance, The Brick is offering to Sears extended warranty holders a $100 gift card that can be used toward future purchases at The Brick. For Sears customers still covered within the one-year manufacturing warranty, The Brick is offering expedited servicing for most major brands at no cost to the consumer.

All they're doing is making it sound lovely. They're only offering you a $100 gift card, there's actually no action to be taken on extended warranties. They just want you to spend money at their store. As for the appliances that are still less than a year old - 'bring them in, we'll get them fixed faster for you. No money out of our pocket, of course.' It sounds much better than it actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I read somewhere on FB that the Brick were talking about honouring Sears extended warranties.
    Last edited by GoJays; Mon, Nov 6th, 2017 at 03:19 AM.
    Midnightly and Darth Penguin like this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information