User Tag List

Page 168 of 193 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2885
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I don't know if people know this but you can buy groceries at amazon.ca except produce.
    Ciel, macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Since the garbage shed with hinged lid has been around, I've expected at some time that said lid would drop on my head one day.
    Last night was the time-as the icy rain layer had some snow on it and the lid hinges held the lid up initially but lid dropped on the back of my head while I was partially bent into the bin to deal with a garbage can item. If I did not swear out loud! Fortunately I bent more as soon as I was struck so not a full blow to the noggin.

You can bet your snow shovel I will either hold said lid up from now on or wedge something by the hinges to partially block the next lid drop on my head.
    Silk, GoJays, macw1960 and 4 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I need to order something from Amazon (only place I can find it within Canada) but cannot think of anything to add to the order to get it Free Shipping.

Darn my trying to purge my house which is making me think for every item, do I really need it? The answer always seems to be No
    Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    So, I have two suggestions:

1.) If you havent in the past year... sign up for a free Prime Trial, and then get your item shipped for free (no minimum). Be sure to then go and "cancel" the auto-renew so it doesnt charge you after the free month. This is assuming you dont live in Quebec (because they dont have a free trial option, just get an extra month added)

2.) check out one of the various filler-item websites: such as https://www.shopfiller.com/
    Key in the dollar amount you need... pick the .ca from the pull down list... and you can browse all kinds of cheap stuff you dont need, but that will give you exactly the cost to push you over the free shipping threshold. Regardless if you want the item or not, if it's cheaper than the shipping cost without it, might as well get a door stop, or bag of screws, or ball of yarn, or... you get the idea.
    I have used that site and it's great. Here's a similar site:

http://ca.superfiller.com/

It's a while since I had to find a filler item but I recall having better luck with the one bhlombardy posted.
    saundyl, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

If you're purging, they have a good deal on the vacuum bags. We're moving and I need a way to store my mother's blankets from the hospital, so I've been looking. They're Prime. And they come with a hand pump if you don't have a vacuum with a hose thing.
    Ciel, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

You are good! Need to remember this.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    So, I have two suggestions:

1.) If you havent in the past year... sign up for a free Prime Trial, and then get your item shipped for free (no minimum). Be sure to then go and "cancel" the auto-renew so it doesnt charge you after the free month. This is assuming you dont live in Quebec (because they dont have a free trial option, just get an extra month added)

2.) check out one of the various filler-item websites: such as https://www.shopfiller.com/
    Key in the dollar amount you need... pick the .ca from the pull down list... and you can browse all kinds of cheap stuff you dont need, but that will give you exactly the cost to push you over the free shipping threshold. Regardless if you want the item or not, if it's cheaper than the shipping cost without it, might as well get a door stop, or bag of screws, or ball of yarn, or... you get the idea.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't want to go grocery shopping
    Natalka, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Baby's first day of daycare and they'll make her crawl up and down the stairs leading to the outside by herself. The stairs are covered in rock salt and dirt. Plus, they don't wash hands before meals.

I'm in the #1 spot for another daycare, but #1 spot is still on the waiting list. I can't believe I'm paying over four figures for this....

Arrgghhh!
    Natalka, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Catching a cold on top of another cold, bringing on bronchitis, while looking after two young children.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Catching a cold on top of another cold, bringing on bronchitis, while looking after two young children.
    I remember you went through a similar spell prior to finding out about DD2 on the way. Hugs to you and mugs of steamy beverages. And seaweed snacks.
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

A sore butt from bowling
    Tweets77, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    A sore butt from bowling

Sorry..can't help myself
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Having to wash and throughly dry my dog's face everyday. 😔 oh well, at least it just the dog and not DH
    Tweets77, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well, I am livid after my trip to Subway tonight (For those in St.Kitts; 4th Ave). I was tried after working on a school project for the past two days straight and just wanted Subway. I was going to go to the Pen Center location, but it was already past six and the mall was closing, so I went to 4th Ave since I was also going to RCSS.

At first the fellow that made my sub was nice enough, but when it came to paying, he was about ready to yell at me. I was using the Make it a Meal free coupon on a Cold Cut Combo 6 inch ($4.49). Apparently with the coupon that he put in it was coming up at about $6.58 (or so), so he took it off and put it as a $5 meal deal. The total should've been $4.49 + TAX ONLY. When I kept questioning him on this before I was going to pay, he said something along the lines of;

"I am trying to save you money, would you rather me put in the coupon and it cost you more?!? Do you want to speak to my manager then!"

Well, I am never going back to that location, I will stick to my favourite staff at the Pen location who are happy when I use the coupons. Also did the receipt survey and went off on them, told them right in it I will not be visiting this location again.

He managed to turn a crappy day even worse.
    Ciel and Cata like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well, I am livid after my trip to Subway tonight (For those in St.Kitts; 4th Ave). I was tried after working on a school project for the past two days straight and just wanted Subway. I was going to go to the Pen Center location, but it was already past six and the mall was closing, so I went to 4th Ave since I was also going to RCSS.

At first the fellow that made my sub was nice enough, but when it came to paying, he was about ready to yell at me. I was using the Make it a Meal free coupon on a Cold Cut Combo 6 inch ($4.49). Apparently with the coupon that he put in it was coming up at about $6.58 (or so), so he took it off and put it as a $5 meal deal. The total should've been $4.49 + TAX ONLY. When I kept questioning him on this before I was going to pay, he said something along the lines of;

"I am trying to save you money, would you rather me put in the coupon and it cost you more?!? Do you want to speak to my manager then!"

Well, I am never going back to that location, I will stick to my favourite staff at the Pen location who are happy when I use the coupons. Also did the receipt survey and went off on them, told them right in it I will not be visiting this location again.

He managed to turn a crappy day even worse.
    Glad that you did the survey and let them know ....I do it all the time when the service is lousy anywhere.
    Ciel and johnb56789 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well, I am livid after my trip to Subway tonight (For those in St.Kitts; 4th Ave). I was tried after working on a school project for the past two days straight and just wanted Subway. I was going to go to the Pen Center location, but it was already past six and the mall was closing, so I went to 4th Ave since I was also going to RCSS.At first the fellow that made my sub was nice enough, but when it came to paying, he was about ready to yell at me. I was using the Make it a Meal free coupon on a Cold Cut Combo 6 inch ($4.49). Apparently with the coupon that he put in it was coming up at about $6.58 (or so), so he took it off and put it as a $5 meal deal.
    I had a similar experience at a local Subway here in New Brunswick. Similar in the fact that the employee didnt know how to properly facilitate the coupon (I imagine anyway) ...

I had the "Buy one footlong sub and ANY DRINK and get a second footlong sub for 99cents." Coupon -- emphasis on the "ANY DRINK".
    (note that there's also a 6-inch version of the same coupon, that doesnt require the 99cent charge)

I went prepared with enough cash for $7.99 + $1.39 + $.99 +HST ($11.93) -- I forgot my wallet at home, but had $12 in my pocket.

I was at the drive-thru... I announced the coupon... ordered the two subs, and a COFFEE ("any drink") and there's NOTHING in the fine print that says otherwise. Note that I ordered the coffee with the meal after announcing the coupon. She agreed, and told me to pull ahead.

When I got to the window, it was close to $13. I told her the math for the $7.99 sub + coffee + the 99cents comes to $11.93. She told me the drink had to be a large pop. I told her I didnt want pop, I ordered coffee very clearly, and the coupon says "ANY DRINK". She insisted it had to be a large pop. I said, I came prepared with $12 to satisfy the coupon. I asked if she could read to me on the coupon where it says that... She read the details of the coupon aloud -- and said nothing of size or type of drink but followed up with "But it DOES have to be a large pop."

To which I said, "Well, I dont have enough money for large pop... I have just enough for it to be a coffee. I also don't appreciate changing up the terms of the coupon after I've already ordered." -- She repeated the price, and I said "Well, let me have the coupon back..." She handed it back to me, and I said "I cant afford to pay extra than what the coupon says... so I'm done here." And drove off.

Incidentally, that was the second Subway I had been to with that coupon (I have four of those coupons across two coupon books + four of the similar 6-inch one as well). The first Subway accepted it with coffee, and two others since the above have accepted the 6-inch version with coffee as well. This was just this one employee who couldnt admit when she was wrong. Unfortunately, I also couldnt pay any more than $12 that visit. So that was that. They were left with 2 subs made that they didnt sell. I'm sure that wasnt worth the $1 they *think* they would have lost by selling me coffee instead. Not sure, but I wonder if it was a loss she had to endure herself. Oh well.
    Ciel and johnb56789 like this.

Page 168 of 193 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 ... LastLast

Thread Information