User Tag List

Page 35 of 233 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast
Like Tree7609Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I picked up 2 new cards on Thursday...one for me and one for dh. In separate transactions,they scan my old card then scan new card then took my old card from me. At home go to pc optimum website and sign up. Crappy offers come up but no points..link my optimum card so those points show up but no pc plus points. Of course I can’t link my pc plus cards because they took them and I don’t know numbers...phone line is busy signal every time I call. Sent inquiry re website but who know how many days this will take...I am missing over $1000 in points. Not impressed! How are we supposed to link if you don’t have cards anymore! Any suggestions?
    Ciel likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    It is under the Canadian Shopping Deals and Flyers area ... here is the link : https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/424994...2018-a-canada/
    Thanks @GoodBoy !
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

For those of you doing 'Household' - is each member getting their own offers, or is there just one set of offers for everyone in the household to share?
    Ciel likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Let's not turn this thread into pages of trying to win the internet and keep it to informative discussion about the PC optimum program. He's already said it makes him happy, so let's leave it at that?
    I think the problem is that he talks about how he redeems his points for GCs (what he said in his other post in the old pc programme thread) - which can't actually be done. So it is confusing and misleading.

I know I and several others posted numerous times in that old thread asking him to explain how he was able to redeem for GCs. Then to read the explanation on what he is actually doing and just telling himself that he is getting the GCs for free... In this most recent post the does acknowledge how he rationalizes it, but not so in the original post. I just think none of us - especially newbies - wants or needs to be reading misleading information.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    When I had millions of aeroplan miles people always dissed me for spending them as I wished and not as smart as they thought I should have. This is the same again. Let him spend as he wishes and enjoy his points as he wishes. Sigh ...
    Sent from my iPhone
    I don't have a problem with the way anyone wants to spend their points - and I didn't get the impression that anyone who posted a response here does either To each their own. I have a problem with misleading and incorrect info being presented as facts Nuf said And p.s. - a million aeroplan miles?! Wow!
    Natalka, Ciel, couponmummy and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I think the problem is that he talks about how he redeems his points for GCs (what he said in his other post in the old pc programme thread) - which can't actually be done. So it is confusing and misleading.

I know I and several others posted numerous times in that old thread asking him to explain how he was able to redeem for GCs. Then to read the explanation on what he is actually doing and just telling himself that he is getting the GCs for free... In this most recent post the does acknowledge how he rationalizes it, but not so in the original post. I just think none of us - especially newbies - wants or needs to be reading misleading information.

I don't have a problem with the way anyone wants to spend their points - and I didn't get the impression that anyone who posted a response here does either To each their own. I have a problem with misleading and incorrect info being presented as facts Nuf said And p.s. - a million aeroplan miles?! Wow!
    hey Silk, unfortunate that you didn't take the moderator's message to heart ! I don't appreciate the personal attack by you, and another poster.
    Misleading and incorrect ?! It's ok that you don't 'get it' but if you care to re-read the thread, others did, and "like the approach".

Since I found this forum, I've always tried to post positive, helpful information, and from much feedback and 'likes' I've received, I think I've enjoyed some level of success in that regard.
    To be accused of posting misleading and incorrect information feels like poke in the eye, but that's ok.

In retrospect, my alternative way of looking at redeeming PC Optimum points, is likely off-topic as regards the spirit of this thread, so I do regret posting it here. Was just trying to add a bit of levity for all those folks, who've had a tough time in the transition. I'm done.
    Last edited by Pointsman; Tue, Feb 6th, 2018 at 06:11 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I dont want to drag this point on, but to those who were offended by what I said in a couple of my recent posts in this thread, I apologize.

It wasnt my intent to offend nor attack anybody, nor to dictate how someone spend their rewards and/or their personal money.

In my defense, when I see/hear what I interpret to be a flaw in logic (NO OFFENSE INTENDED, it's just my interpretation), especially when it comes to dispensing recommendations in attempts to saving money and being savvy shoppers, then I offer to deconstruct that logic as a means of advice to that person, or to other onlookers. I would offer the same advice to anyone, even my closest friends, who thought they were getting a bargain when in fact it was costing them extra money unnecessarily.

My intent was just that... a re-assessment of the logic by way of offering an alternative, perhaps improved (or not) method. I completely comprehend the other poster's thought process and the end of my latest post disclaimed that it was just my opinion and if anyone wanted to spend points and/or money their way, then that's their choice. ["To each their own... just my 2 cents..."]

Again, I apologize to anyone who took offense to my posts. That wasn't my purpose.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Tue, Feb 6th, 2018 at 06:29 AM.
    annedougherty likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

meanwhile back to the new PC Optimum program ... curious if anyone has received an answer to the question of whether the issue of having to signon to your mobile device every time will be fixed ? (I'm still waiting for a response from them.)

Under PC Plus you could stay logged in, and with one click, access your account.
    Edit: same with Shoppers Optimum.
    Last edited by Pointsman; Tue, Feb 6th, 2018 at 06:45 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    meanwhile back to the new PC Optimum program ... curious if anyone has received an answer to the question of whether the issue of having to signon to your mobile device every time will be fixed ? (I'm still waiting for a response from them.)
    Under PC Plus you could stay logged in, and with one click, access your account.
    Is it an iphone thing? I'm running Android 7.0, got the PC Optimum app on Thursday, and have only had to sign in once.
    It sounds like the transition has gone a lot more smoothly for me. Once I added the app, all my cards that were with my PC plus account were automatically linked. I added my Optimum card through the app, and all my points migrated. When I went to Shoppers on Saturday, the cashier scanned my card, and then the new one, and the new card & key fob were automatically linked to my account, and I got my points.

Now I just need offers I would actually use!
    barbis9 and Pointsman like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post

Please let it go asking for a second time, and it doesn't require a response.
    Lori likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Both threads on this subject are now merged.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Both threads on this subject are now merged.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
    Anna Michele likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Is it an iphone thing? I'm running Android 7.0, got the PC Optimum app on Thursday, and have only had to sign in once.
    actually I use an android device too. For sure it I power off my phone, when I restart it, and activate the new PC Optimum app, it makes me do a complete new SignIn, including retyping ever letter and character of my email addy, and the password. Not fun, if you're in the Express Lane, and its your turn at the cash (which happened to me yesterday).

I hope they get if fixed soon, or at least respond to my query, so I can post it here.
    barbis9 and Anna Michele like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Odd. I do not experience same. I run the app on an iPhone 6. My app remains logged in but I can surely understand your frustration !!

Sent from my iPhone
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

my android kept logging out, but now seems to be fine

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    barbis9 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    my android kept logging out, but now seems to be fine

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I did notice another 'push' Update overnight, and had left my Nexus5 android phone powered up since yesterday.
    So I just clicked on the app and SUCCESS.... right into my account without the annoying re- SignIn process.

I've turned off my phone to do a recharge, then will test it again to see if that makes a difference, but clearly the PCO folks are
    working on getting things right. ... I know we're all very excited with anticipation to see our New and Improved Offers, come Thursday.
    barbis9 likes this.

Page 35 of 233 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Thread Information