User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: INTIMACY, after the kids.....Is it POSSIBLE?

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If he starts bringing the kitchen knife in.......he's not called Norman is he??????

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Every time this thread pops up I think "I shouldn't reply....they're talking about babies and toddlers". But tonight I can't resist. If you think it's bad now, wait until they are teenagers. They're always awake, up and about! Yikes!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Every time this thread pops up I think "I shouldn't reply....they're talking about babies and toddlers". But tonight I can't resist. If you think it's bad now, wait until they are teenagers. They're always awake, up and about! Yikes!!!
    NEEDED THAT

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I've not really seen this mentioned here. But what if you don't really want it anymore after having a child?

I have to wonder, is something wrong with me? I used to want sex very regularly, but since being a parent, that desire is gone downhill. And it's only me, not DH. And yes, I'm blushing to post this.
    Last edited by Zonny; Fri, Mar 23rd, 2012 at 08:42 PM.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

sexual desire waxes and wanes over your life. If you are tired raising a family or working it's hard to have another pressure on your energy and time.

We went though a long drought in desire after DS was born. we talked and meh! we had pity sex and meh!. We then stopped that and went for learning about each other again. Our wants, our thoughts all the stuff we talked about before we became lovers.

Reconnecting with those things we were attracted too in each other meant that the whole sex thing was put back into perspective as part of a rich relationship and not the be-all-and-end-all of it.

date nights shouldn't be about pressure to be young and beautiful. it's about connecting and re-inforcing the good things about your relationship and eventually, hopefully the desire to be physically intimate is back.

The brain is the biggest and best sexual organ. the interlocking parts need a push at times.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

You are not the only one, DH and I have had our relationship go south since DS was born 16 months ago. It is very tough trying to deal with a new schedule, new routine, learning an alien being's (sorry, I mean the bundle of joy) habits and moods. Throw in dealing with hormones, pain and sleep deprivation and sex drive goes "BYE BYE". Let me tell you, I have no more patience for all that let's get in the mood stuff. I am hoping the downhill slide is just a temporary thing and will get better as DS gets older.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

IME,it does..otherwise we wouldn't have had no 2 never mind no 3.

It's hard and there's times when a convent makes sense but if both of you are commited to each other and really want to make a go of it, then you bite the bullet and re-make your relationship . A good marriage/relationship depends on re-making the realtionship with every change good or bad.

Mature adults adapt and grow. Nad their relationships do too.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Keep the spark alive. Let your partner know you still dig him or her. INITIATE SEX whenever you have the opportunity or even just a kiss on the cheek is nice!
    http://www.aveyphoto.com
    Join me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/aveyphoto

Earn Cash, Gift Cards and Prizes by searching the web and playing free games online! Sign up here and start off with a few swag bucks! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/missyont

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    sexual desire waxes and wanes over your life. If you are tired raising a family or working it's hard to have another pressure on your energy and time.

We went though a long drought in desire after DS was born. we talked and meh! we had pity sex and meh!. We then stopped that and went for learning about each other again. Our wants, our thoughts all the stuff we talked about before we became lovers.

Reconnecting with those things we were attracted too in each other meant that the whole sex thing was put back into perspective as part of a rich relationship and not the be-all-and-end-all of it.

date nights shouldn't be about pressure to be young and beautiful. it's about connecting and re-inforcing the good things about your relationship and eventually, hopefully the desire to be physically intimate is back.

The brain is the biggest and best sexual organ. the interlocking parts need a push at times.

I think this sums it all!
    I, for one, don't have much desire to perform the deed... However, I have my fantasies which I have never spoke to hubby about...I have been talking with a friend of mine, and she suggested when hubby comes back, to go out and we can talk about them and hopefully rekindle the spark in our lives! We had DS 3 years ago, so it's not like we can use a newborn as an excuse anymore...lol...
    Anyway, yeah...that's my story!

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I went through the same thing when I had the boys! We had them 13 months apart so it felt like 2 babies at the same time. Losing my sexual appetite came along with the stitches for me, but DH no matter how busy or tired he never lost any interest in sex.

It is very important to him so we created a ``sex`` rule to keep us both satisfied! The fact was that if we let life take its coarse we might never take time for intimacy for it fell at the bottom of our (my) priority list. A minimum of x times per week worked great for us, this was respected on both ends (no pun intended ..lol)

We still follow that rule but its now effortless, we’ve not once in 9 years had a ``dry`` spell thanks to this system. Sometimes we even go beyond the x number!! DH likes to point out helping out around the house as ``accumulating points`` for extras.. lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is my biggest fear after becoming pregnant with my first child! However I had to share this video with all of you:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LkEVVtm39b0

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information