User Tag List

Page 105 of 233 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3494
Like Tree7609Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    When you're in line to check out, how often do you watch to see what the people ahead of you are buying at regular prices or at advertised prices that you know aren't great? Or how many are buying things for which coupons are easily available? Or not PMing that they could? Or how often people either don't have PCO accounts or don't use them? How many do you know who aren't aware that 30% off at SDM is a good deal on items A and B, but not X and Y?

In addition, how many people are essentially one-stop shoppers who frequent Loblaws or other full-price stores where the regular price is even higher, and because they don't compare prices much if at all, would regard $4.97 as a deal?

Serious savers represent only a fairly small minority of shoppers. So, the answer to your question is quite a few.
    You are so right, and I too, see it all the time in line at the checkouts, or in the aisles, as they grab that $12 can of Coffee, or $10 12pack of bathroom tissue, that you already know is not on sale anywhere that week. Not hard to size up quickly, who's taken a bit of time to do their homework.
    and of course my question re the $4.97 OJ was rhetorical, but you know that. haha
    Ciel and nalaric like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    and of course my question re the $4.97 OJ was rhetorical, but you know that. haha
    I was confident it was, but it pointed toward an interesting bit of consumer psychology, the tendency quite a few people have to feel most people think like they do, so I answered anyway.
    Ciel and Pointsman like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

On a recent 3,000 pts WUS $10 on Food offer, I also got the points for a 20X pts on Milk, and 600pts on PC Orange Juice, so that part works.
    Haven't tried to redeem on the same transaction, but it works elsewhere, ie. like RCSS, so one would hope it would at SDM too, since its supposed to be the same Big Happy program now. I'm sure someone who HAS tried this will weigh in?
    Yes, I know those kinds of promos work together at SDM. And at Loblaws I have redeemed and gotten points for offers like '5000 pts when you spend X on fish or seafood" plus "1000 pts for every $5 you spend on smoked salmon." But I do know at SDM you cannot redeem and combine it with an offer like "20x the points wus $40". Just not sure about "wus $10 on skincare" and other such offers at SDM.
    Ciel likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

fyi Silk, I abandoned my old (not really) Free Gift Card pts redemption scheme, that was the subject of some fun banter on this thread a while back. Having more fun now, reducing my amount owing to a few bucks, or sometimes just pennies.
    @Pointsman OMG - where is the emoticon for shocked when you need it???!!! Oh - here it is:

LOL - now *I'm* having fun. Glad you finally saw the error of your ways

p.s. Definitely more fun to be OOP less!
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, Apr 21st, 2018 at 06:28 AM.
    Ciel and Pointsman like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    When I did a shoppers redemption, I got no personal bonus for any of my loaded offers. I always receive the bonus pts at No Frills or Superstore when I spend my points there.
    @nalaric - Not even for wub X product? That surprises me
    Ciel likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    It's hard to be absolutely certain of anything due to PCO still having various issues, but my expectation would be no and no.
    Thanks, Arjon.
    Ciel likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I know general WUS offers don’t combine at SDM. What about something like 3,000 pts WUS $10 or more on skincare? Would it combine with a 20x WUS $40 offer?
    And would it work with a redemption at SDM? (I know it does at Loblaws). If I redeem $10 in points for the skincare, would I get the 3,000 pts wus $10 on skincare?
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
    The 3000 points WUS was on your Pcplus account?
    @Thumpersmom - The 3000 pts WUS offer was on my PCO account. But I'm glad you asked this question... I saw your post where you asked about how to get SDM personal offers. And a couple of people replied that not everyone is getting the offers or not getting as many offers as before.

But the impression I got from your original post is that you don't actually have a PCO online account. Personal offers come via the online account. And since you asked if I got the 3000 points WUS offer on my PCPlus account I would guess no, you don't. Because if you do have a PCO online account you would likely know that PCPlus accounts no longer exist, just like Optimum accounts no longer exist. The 2 programs merged into the PCO program on February 1st. PCO = PC Optimum program.

If you do have a PCO online account (not just a PCO plastic card), then the replies from Arjon and nalaric should answer your question re: getting/not getting sdm offers. But if you don't have a PCO online account, then that's where you need to start. If that's the case, post that info here so SCers can help you without you having to go through 102 pages (now 105 as of this post!) Let us know: Do you have an online PCO account? A PCO plastic card? And/or are you using the PCO app? Have you converted/transferred your old Optimum points to PCO points, either in-store or in your online account (if you have one)?

Silk

Your original post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
    Please don't stick your tongues out or call me any nasty names......but.....I didn't realize that we can get personal Shoppers offers again....how did you get them? Did you have to link with your PCPlus card? And what if you have multiple cards? I know has likely been dealt with but I was hoping to not have to look back through 102 pages......sorry!!!!!!
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, Apr 21st, 2018 at 07:39 AM.
    rayray, Thumpersmom, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

10K pts if I were to spend $40 at Shoppers today. Not happening. 9 more days of not using the card.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

This may have already been mentioned but I didn't know until I tried it so perhaps it will help someone else.

I had an offer of 7,500 points for every $75 spent at RCSS. I knew I could reach the $75 mark at No Frills by purchasing PC FREE FROM WHOLE CHICKEN (and earning 5,000 pts for every $10 spent) and PC FREE FROM PORK CHOPS (and earning 2,500 pts for every $5 spent).

It worked! Even though my digital offer was for RCSS, I did earn 7,500 points for spending $75 at No Frills!

I bought 5 chickens at just over $10 each, 5 packs of pork chops for just over $5 each and earned 25,000 + 12,500 in addition to my 7,500 so a total of 45,000 points for buying just over $75 worth of meat! And, to make the deal even sweeter, I redeemed 70,000 points ($70) to help pay for it and still got all those lovely bonus points!
    Last edited by lotsasavings; Sat, Apr 21st, 2018 at 07:39 PM.
    Silk, Liliia, sweetmomma and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    This may have already been mentioned but I didn't know until I tried it so perhaps it will help someone else.

I had an offer of 7,500 points for every $75 spent at RCSS. I knew I could reach the $75 mark at No Frills by purchasing PC FREE FROM WHOLE CHICKEN (and earning 5,000 pts for every $10 spent) and PC FREE FROM PORK CHOPS (and earning 2,500 pts for every $5 spent).

It worked! Even though my digital offer was for RCSS, I did earn 7,500 points for spending $75 at No Frills!

I bought 5 chickens at just over $10 each, 5 packs of pork chops for just over $5 each and earned 25,000 + 12,500 in addition to my 7,500 so a total of 45,000 points for buying just over $75 worth of meat! And, to make the deal even sweeter, I redeemed 70,000 points ($70) to help pay for it and still got all those lovely bonus points!
    Wow this is very interesting

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    lotsasavings and sweetmomma like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post

I had a similar offer from Loblaws last week and it worked at No Frills.
    lotsasavings and Liliia like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sooo, I have a spend $40 get 10,000 points exclusive to SDM. If I use FPCs will I get the points? I kind of think not.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

You should yes. If you don't, submit a points inquiry and you'll get your points. That's what I did on Friday. I had a spend $40 get 10000 pco pts offer. I used up my PepsiCo FPC's and other items to bring it to $40. The 10000 pts didn't show on my receipt; I submitted an inquiry and received them within a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    Sooo, I have a spend $40 get 10,000 points exclusive to SDM. If I use FPCs will I get the points? I kind of think not.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    Yes u will i do this all the time. I save my fpc for this . This is why i have so many points. Make sure u get to 40 before tax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Can also purchase items that have MIR to up the amount to wys but get $ back. I've done this with Finish Quantum MIR and there is currently one for tabs with MIR in packaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamabearrina View Post
    Yes u will i do this all the time. I save my fpc for this . This is why i have so many points. Make sure u get to 40 before tax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 105 of 233 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast

Thread Information