User Tag List

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Going home on my lunch break to hang out the laundry in the washer to dry (big blanket and a few items of DS's) Love this weather!! Will stop at the mailbox on way home and hope DS's income tax refund and back payments start rolling in.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s nearly 10:30am and its already 27 outside with barely a breeze. The kids have been playing outside for nearly 2hrs already. They’ve been busy with the water table for nearly an hour already.

Before my Daycare girl arrived this morning I swept the kitchen floor and vacuumed the livingroom, since I didn’t get around to it last night. Fruit smoothies are planned for the kids for lunch today. My regular scheduled drop-in kid cancelled this morning. I have one new Daycare boy scheduled to start next Monday, but he’s only coming until the end of June. If I don’t land a teaching contract for the fall, I’ll certainly be looking to fill my other Daycare spots.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, May 7th, 2018 at 12:32 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My cable and phone were down yesterday for the whole day. Glad to wake up to service today. Fortinos had limited item Ontario apple juice on clearance for .49 cents - glass bottles, bought 2 of them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS had his 2017 income tax refund cheque in the mailbox! Will hold it for a bit since he just got paid and told me he moved 1/2 his pay into savings. He will appreciate the money down the road.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I must be the queen of foreign objects. I have found a new bit of black/yellow thing and will be sending it to the company for analysis. It looks like a piece of squished popcorn, but in miniature.

Friday was quite a day for weather. I drove through water over 12 inches deep, and the car rocked in the strong winds. The rains were torrential at times, but because of the strong winds, storms didn't last longer than five minutes. I've never seen clouds move across the sky so quickly and I was a bit concerned that one of the children would blow away if I couldn't get them in the car quickly. Traffic was terrible and there were shingles down from the rooftops everywhere. Was it the aftermath of a hurricane that blew through Southern Ontario or just a super windy day? Thank goodness I didn't hang laundry out that day. It would have ended up in some tree somewhere or lodged in someone's chimney.

I received my cheque for my overpayment on my Amazon Chase Visa. Another card gone. Funny how I keep applying for new credit cards, not for the rewards, but because my old ones get cancelled (Shoppers Optimum, the old PC Financial, Sears). I still have a few that aren't being offered, so I won't be surprised if one day I get a cancellation notice for them too.

I will be doing some cleaning tonight in DD1's powder room to get rid of the harsh Vim smell that DH used last week. I will be making some DIY cleaners and testing them out for the first time.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    My cable and phone were down yesterday for the whole day. Glad to wake up to service today. Fortinos had limited item Ontario apple juice on clearance for .49 cents - glass bottles, bought 2 of them.
    My sister didn't have power Friday starting in the afternoon and it was still out at 10pm. I felt a little guilty that ours didn't even flicker out!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I went at metro qc this afternoon for the tia rosa tacos kits but I hitted cleared shelves and they will not receive others ones before the sale end.Maxi dont carry this product,i dont receive the metro flyer anymore and the store had none,,,,,
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Made 3 others trades!!! I am on a roll!!! Tomorrow I need to writthe to compagnies because I am out of coupons right now......I am waiting so many trades ,for my personal use so I need to have coupons to exchange too
    Ciel, macw1960 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Also need to do my pictures of coupons for exchanges and my album of coupons!!!
    Couponnin is so excited but it cost money on stamps lol.
    Ciel, macw1960 and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So happy, I just got the notice for my last vehicle payment. 4 years ago it seemed like a great idea and it was zero percent interest but knowing that huge chunk of money is now mine makes me breathe a sigh of relief. Truth is I don't regret it, my parents needed a vehicle and I still love my Edge. Only now is my mom thinking of replacing the van we gave her as the AC has gone and the repair is significant. So I can feel good that for 4 years they had reliable transportation. Saturday was tough as we packed up all my dads clothes. But we gave them to someone that needed them and they were so appreciative of everything so it make a difficult task easier.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well didn't win at bingo -but felt nice to get out for the evening -only spent $16.00 as we had a coupon for 5.00 off
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier morning my smart canucks friends!!!
    Another beautiful sunny day yay!!!
    I am waiting response on 3 possible trades ,i hope it will work!!!!
    After I will Watch qc flyers I hope they have good deals and make my grocery shopping list.And finally writting to compagnies and have a nap lol.Have an awesome day!!!
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am happy!!! Good deals at maxi qc on things I need and I have a coupon for at least 8!!! Hope the others flyers are good too!!!! Saved my offer pc on ketchup so with points and coupons good price!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, May 8th, 2018 at 07:14 AM.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IGA(QC) have good air miles offers on 6 products I think...I will buy bergeron cheese at 5,00$x2 and get 30 air mile i will love this new card!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, May 8th, 2018 at 07:56 AM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Another sunny day. I am wearing winter pants and sandals lol. Clothes shopping this weekend for sure!

Taking the next 2 days off to take my mom to an appointment and DS to his stuff and a school tournament. Glad it is a nice sunny day and I will enjoy being able to watch him. Will go to No Frills tonight to get us strawberries and blueberries so we have good snacks tomorrow.

Oldest ate all the chicken I cooked! Oh well he is a growing man. At least I had some on my salad yesterday. So they have tacos for tonight. I will take out a bag of crockpot ready chicken tonight so it can thaw and be tossed in crockpot in the morning. Will make rice and broccoli tonight so we can just heat and eat tomorrow night.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information