User Tag List

Page 199 of 238 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3567
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hooray that 8 boys are now out of that cave in Thailand and receiving medical attention. The rescuers need to take another break before extracting the last of the 4 boys and their coach.
    Natalka likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

holy heck!! What is happening in Britain?? Boris Johnson resigned right after the Brexit minister David Davis resigned??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.fecd760e0b49
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Jul 9th, 2018 at 01:34 PM.
    Natalka likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I believe Boris wants to be PM and has decided to leave Mrs May to sink with the current lack of consensus of the cabinet re Brexit.

He seems prepared to allow the government to fall so long as he gets his shot at the top spot.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

WESH 2 NewsVerified account @WESH 2m2 minutes agoMore

BREAKING: Thai Navy SEALs say all 12 boys and their coach rescued from cave, ending an ordeal that lasted more than 2 weeks.

Last edited by heartgirl99; Tue, Jul 10th, 2018 at 08:05 AM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

They interrupted the tv to bring a news report about 12 more Russians ( these ones being Intelligence Officers in Russia ) being indicted with conspiracy against the USA during the 2016 election.
    Charges include hacking the DNC, the Clinton presidential campaign and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
    Charges of conspiracy against the United States, money laundering and attempts to break into state election boards and other government agencies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/u...e-hacking.html

I think many GOP Senators and Congressmen/women will ignore these new indictments and say " who cares?? "
    " Show us anyone in the POTUS administration who was part of the campaign that is TIED to these Russians and then we'll talk about it " BUT........." do this AFTER the midterms, many of us have Districts that we need to win in "
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    WESH 2 NewsVerified account @WESH 2m2 minutes agoMore

BREAKING: Thai Navy SEALs say all 12 boys and their coach rescued from cave, ending an ordeal that lasted more than 2 weeks.

really great news this week

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

RSS Sir David Attenborough launched

The RSS Sir David Attenborough—the polar exploration vessel that, in April 2016, participants in an internet poll overwhelmingly voted to christen Boaty McBoatface—launched on Saturday, with defensive research officials still defending their decision to override the results of the vote.

Per the Guardian, British Antarctic Survey director Jane Francis addressed the controversy directly as the 423-foot (129-meter), 11,000-ton boat’s hull slid into the water from the Cammell Laird shipyard in Birkenhead, near Liverpool, where its construction will continue. She said that Attenborough, a famous naturalist whose voice has narrated world-famous documentaries like the BBC’s Life and Planet Earth series, was a more fitting name for the ship:
    “This is a serious science ship that required the name of a serious scientist,” she said. “Its name recognises all the love and esteem the British public holds for Sir David Attenborough.”
    But she admitted that the furore around the name has helped to generate interest in the £200m ship and to publicise the survey’s mission to investigate whether warm waters are melting the glaciers and ice shelves of the Antarctic from below.
    “It’s given our mission a more human face,” she said/.
    The ship is intended to replace the increasingly obsolete RRS James Clark Ross (JCR) and the RRS Ernest Shackleton, the decades-old vessels that comprise the UK polar fleet today. It is equipped with modern scientific gear as well as a “moon pool,” a vertical interior tube stretching across decks and into the water that allows the deployment of scientific instruments in harsh conditions, per the BBC, and could eventually carry three autonomous submarines that could explore the underside of ice shelves.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

In Chicago this time......another instance where white people are calling the police on black people. So shameful. So disheartening.
    This woman ( Camilla Hudson ), well apparently her " crime " was presenting a coupon to get a free product.
    Oh my lord.....
    The CVS employees accused it of being a phony ( fake ) coupon.

Thank goodness nothing happened to Camilla and the 2 employees were fired by CVS......I could not believe the store manager was shaking ( visibly trembling! ) as he was on the phone reporting this " criminal " Camilla.
    You can hear her standing her ground...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...717-story.html

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

just heard about this fatal shooting ( a store robbery ) in Florida...The victim ( Ayub Ali ) was the father of two students who had survived the Parkland school shooting that occurred at Stoneman Douglas HS on Valentines day this year. I cannot imagine the pain and shock this family is now experiencing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...720-story.html

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

On a brighter note: Looks like Mitch McConnell finally grew a pair! As did Paul Ryan, finally!!

http://www.wcjb.com/content/news/Hou...489003401.html

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell distanced Republicans from President Donald Trump's invitation for Russian President Vladimir Putin to visit Washington.
    McConnell said he and House Speaker Paul Ryan have made it clear that "Putin will not be welcome up here at the Capitol."
    The Republican Senate leader also backed away from Trump's suggestion Tuesday that any potential Russian interference in the upcoming midterm elections would be to favor Democrats.
    Instead, McConnell issued a warning, saying: "The Russians better quit messing around in our elections. I want to make that perfectly clear, the Russians better quit messing around in our elections."
    He said he's considering legislation that would hit Russia with stiff sanctions if they try to influence the elections.

ALSO:

Two key senators are joining forces on bipartisan legislation to protect NATO and impose new sanctions on Russia after President Donald Trump's recent foreign trip, which included a summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
    Sen. Bob Menendez, the top Democrat on the Foreign Relations Committee, and GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham issued a joint statement Tuesday as Congress struggles to respond to Trump's shifting views on Russian interference in U.S. elections.
    The senators said the U.S. "must make it abundantly clear that we will defend our nation."
    The bill would slap new sanctions on Russia and require a Senate vote for any proposal to withdraw the U.S. from NATO. It's being crafted after related proposals were blocked last week. GOP leaders called for hearings instead. Hearings are set to begin this week.
    http://www.wcjb.com/content/news/House-speaker-Putin-will-not-be-invited-to-address-Congress-489003401.html

walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

From USAToday:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ion/791541002/

WASHINGTON — In an extraordinary break with President Donald Trump, the top two Republicans in Congress said unequivocally Tuesday that Russia meddled in the 2016 presidential election and suggested that lawmakers may pass legislation to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
    House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., labeled Russia “a menacing government” that does not share U.S. interests and values and said he would be open to placing more sanctions on Russia for interfering in the election.
    “They did interfere in our elections — it’s really clear,” Ryan told reporters in Washington. “There should be no doubt about that.”
    A few hours later, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., speaking at a news conference, cited “indisputable evidence” that Russia tried to impact the 2016 election.
    “We understand the Russian threat, and I think that is the widespread view here in the United States among members of both parties,” he said.
    The strong words from the top congressional leaders came the day after Trump touched off a bipartisan firestorm by accepting denials by Russian President Vladimir Putin that Moscow interfered with the 2016 U.S. election.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh brother....at a recent rally playing to his base...Trump yelled about the fact that ONLY American citizens should vote in American elections....geez duh?? They do!
    He really thinks that somehow the millions of illegals in USA have found a way to cast a vote.
    That being said, he was promoting the popular GOP idea of implementing voter I.D. ( most people realize that this move impacts the very old and those living in very poor areas. )

But the strangest part of his speech was when he said this!!! ( skip to the 29 second mark....or if you need your ears to bleed watch the whole clip....lol )

posted this especially for @heartgirl99
    Patty Smyth and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The important thing for us Canadian Shoe Smuggles is that you currently don't need ID to buy shoes..

Rushes off to scuff some more
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sorry, @walkonby ...I just can't stomach trump, his voice, his face or any of him at all....I flip the channel when he comes on...but I thought you might enjoy this..........

Patty Smyth and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Sorry, @walkonby ...I just can't stomach trump, his voice, his face or any of him at all....I flip the channel when he comes on...but I thought you might enjoy this..........

Yes!! The Trump Eclipse! His entire body blocked out the Queen.

Oh @Lynn49 didn't I tell you this before?? Whenever he is actually speaking I have to MUTE it as I get kind of nauseated by his voice
    ( and lies, incompetence and stupidity!! ) and I do flip the channel altogether if it is going to be a long event say with a foreign leader. Same thing goes for the lying Press Secretary Sarah Sanders...MUTE!

I relish later on when CNN do their many segments reporting/discounting his/her lies of the day with FACTS or even later when the Late Night Hosts do a recap of what was said, then I only have to catch the tiny fragments of their comments, resulting in many belly laughs, which helps me sleep...... Thank Goodness.

Carry on!! Avoid the real news.....lol!!!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Page 199 of 238 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 ... LastLast

Thread Information