Thread: 2018 rant away thread for pc points or coupons

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Tried to use $10 in points at No Frills. The PC Optimum system was down
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Mom spent nearly $100 on cosmetics today and didn't get 20x points. Their event is 20x points on $50 of costumes until Nov. 9.

They give me more work to do

Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

OH MY GOD I AM TIRED OF THESE CLOWNS

They responded that they want a picture of the offer. It's on the front cover of your flyer right at the top!! And I told you this in my email!!!

It's always this kind of garbage with the PC program.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Mom spent nearly $100 on cosmetics today and didn't get 20x points. Their event is 20x points on $50 of costumes until Nov. 9.

They give me more work to do

Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Nov 9th, 2018 at 02:59 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

They responded that they want a picture of the offer. It's on the front cover of your flyer right at the top!! And I told you this in my email!!!

@torontogal12 I hear you . I once ask if the are out source to a place that doesn’t speak English or understand it. I usually get frustrated some times. I remember when I did the simply deal and call it i I ended up speaking to the supervisor you also frustrate that I hang up on him and cLl back another time and got some one else and got my points. Good luck
    barbis9, Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I showed my husband the email (he's a computer guy). He says they have probably automated the entire system with some artificial intelligence, which is why the responses you get often have nothing to do with what your message says. That and their phone system is just frustration. I'm always gonna hate this program. Thanks for the good luck, I know I'll need it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @torontogal12 I hear you . I once ask if the are out source to a place that doesn’t speak English or understand it. I usually get frustrated some times. I remember when I did the simply deal and call it i I ended up speaking to the supervisor you also frustrate that I hang up on him and cLl back another time and got some one else and got my points. Good luck
    Natalka, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

After much back and forth, they credited missing points, but not all of them... About $4 short but just not worth fighting with them anymore to ask them to honour what is a very clear offer on their flyer front page. This is how they get you

Tweets77 and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Last week, I had an offer of 800/$4 Flamingo chicken wings. I saved it for this week.
    Today I saw the new Giant Tiger flyer had Flamingo chicken wings for $5.99
    So I go to save it for next week and my saved offer is not there.

I did a chat and the guy could not help me. So I put in a phone call.
    I told him how I saved the offer and it's at the bottom and grey.
    He tells me that the offer is expired and maybe I did not do it properly.
    I said I've done it many times and he still can't fix it for me. I said ok.
    Then he asked if he answered all my questions. I knew calls were being recorded so I said no, you did not help me and I am very dissatisfied. Then he started stuttering and apologizing. Let's hope management hears about this unhappy customer.
    walkonby likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went to No Frills this afternoon told me they could only take 1 coupon per grocery order. I asked to see a supervisor and this older lady came over and said that “yes that is there policy”. I had a coupon for cheese and was going to use 2 more coupons from their own freezer section.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dagney View Post
    Went to No Frills this afternoon told me they could only take 1 coupon per grocery order. I asked to see a supervisor and this older lady came over and said that “yes that is there policy”. I had a coupon for cheese and was going to use 2 more coupons from their own freezer section.
    That's been going on for Iver a year at the No Frills close to me so I don't ever shop at NO Frills
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

For better or worse, it is what it is. Stores aren't required to accept coupons at all, so while setting a low limit is inconvenient for customers, any store can have such a policy. As a result, it's a matter of doing your due diligence to be aware of the policy at each store where you shop. In my case, I've used 20+ of the same coupon at the No Frills closest to me, but am limited to one at the next closest store, so I simply don't go to that one when I want to use multiples, or I very occasionally use one per transaction at different cashiers, which is also inconvenient.

I also have a similar situation with Longo; one of the two nearest stores won't take printables, at least not as of a year or so ago when I last tried.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

To be honest, If I went to a new store for the first time (one in a new area, and I didn't have time to figure out their policy before I visit), I would leave the entire order. I understand stores completely have the right to make policy (more or less) how they please. But only ONE coupon per order is ridiculous!

Also, an aside. What do Smartcanuckers say about FPCs on taxable items? Should the FPC include the taxes or not? Because most all of the ones that I have had before show in some way "HST, GST,... Is included in the face value of this coupon", but I tried to use the most recent Special K FPC from Save.ca, went to use it at my RCSS and they are now saying apparently it is the "law" that they have to charge the tax. However, from what I found online on the Government of Canada's website, it seems to word it in a way that would make them completely wrong and illegally charging tax. But I don't know for certain...

Any thoughts?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    To be honest, If I went to a new store for the first time (one in a new area, and I didn't have time to figure out their policy before I visit), I would leave the entire order. I understand stores completely have the right to make policy (more or less) how they please. But only ONE coupon per order is ridiculous!

Also, an aside. What do Smartcanuckers say about FPCs on taxable items? Should the FPC include the taxes or not? Because most all of the ones that I have had before show in some way "HST, GST,... Is included in the face value of this coupon", but I tried to use the most recent Special K FPC from Save.ca, went to use it at my RCSS and they are now saying apparently it is the "law" that they have to charge the tax. However, from what I found online on the Government of Canada's website, it seems to word it in a way that would make them completely wrong and illegally charging tax. But I don't know for certain...

Any thoughts?
    The only store that will let you get away without paying tax on an FPC is SDM. The best is getting free cat food with FPC. You don't even have to argue. It's built into their system.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post

Any thoughts?
    You've described a couponing scenario that shouldn't happen to anyone with much experienced since it's quick and easy to avoid. Since the first time I wasn't allowed to use multiple coupons at a store where I was unaware of the policy, I've had two or three occasions to go into another store without knowing its policy and with the intent to use a number of coupons. I simply asked what the policy was before doing anything else.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I have always found RCSS to be the most coupon friendly. I think I have sometimes used 15 coupons in a single transaction.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information