User Tag List

Page 151 of 233 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3492
Like Tree7607Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    In the past I've found there's two options for the cashier to punch in one gives the full value the other does not.
    I can't remember which is which or what the second one is..... Manager's coupon vs in store coupon or something to that effect

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    Checked my receipts -- both say store coupon, but maybe there's an internal difference. Thanks
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I find out that I have 3 SDM promo cards from last $20 promo card wus $75 with expiry date Dec. 31st. I didn't use that type of cards from a long time. Now my question is, can I use that card as part of the payment and will get bonus points (25K /$75) or that will work as store discount so no bonus points unless spend extra.
    Anyway, I have to use all 3 cards soon but will be nice if can get some extra benefit. Thanks
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

If I only have 8,000 points - why would I have an offer loaded on my account - if I redeem 50,000 points I get 25% back? My offers continue to be lame even though I shop often at Fortinos and Shoppers......grrrr.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I am sick and fell asleep last night with out saving a few offers I wanted to wake up today to 6 offers that I would not used. 2 cards and both has 6 lame offers come on PC
    barbis9, Ciel and Valerey like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    I am sick and fell asleep last night with out saving a few offers I wanted to wake up today to 6 offers that I would not used. 2 cards and both has 6 lame offers come on PC
    Same, all offers that I will not use. Lost the Dove offers and the no name vegetables one. Very upset at the moment .

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cata View Post
    Same, all offers that I will not use. Lost the Dove offers and the no name vegetables one. Very upset at the moment .
    The offer algorithm works based on what we've bought in the past. So my new ones are poor too in terms of how many I'm likely either to use this week or save... one at most. But there's only one for something I've never purchased. So, my emotional brain is disappointed, but my rational brain is telling it not to be.
    barbis9, Ciel and 4sure5 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

at sdm today, I heard a plethora of interesting notions:
    - seniors can only use their own cards to qualify for seniors day discounts (ie accompanying family not permitted to get the 20% off)
    - seniors have a "notation" when you scan their PCO card; if the card you scan does not have this notification near where your name is displayed, you cannot possibly qualify for the discount << don't know if the notation part is true, but sure as heck have never heard about it before.
    (aside: apparently you must have given your birth date when you signed up for the program... and since it isn't displaying as "senior" on the screen, you must call PCO and tell them to rectify this - !immediately! I signed up a random email *in front* of the cashier to show her how idiotic this idea was... somehow she still wasn't convinced.)
    - you can only use 4 coupons in any transaction (not even the same coupon, just 4 total)
    - you can't use the seniors' discount and coupons
    - because you have a high number of points, "your account is suspicious" and "you should be redeeming... why aren't you redeeming?" and "I could reject it if I wanted to" (what is "it," exactly?)
    - you should come back tomorrow so that the head cashier can help you... oh, you're here for seniors' day? well... she's here tomorrow, you know... at 6am! you can come in early!
    oh, and my favorite:
    - we only take coupons from scarborough, pickering, and newfoundland. not this funny place called quebec.
    sigh. c'mon, shoppers, get it together!
    Last edited by calculator; Fri, Dec 28th, 2018 at 06:47 AM.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Make sure if your getting offers you don't want or won't use to set them to "Don't show again"

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, Poirot and 1 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    If I only have 8,000 points - why would I have an offer loaded on my account - if I redeem 50,000 points I get 25% back? My offers continue to be lame even though I shop often at Fortinos and Shoppers......grrrr.
    I wondered too but I think it's an offer everyone got. Plus, if you did manage to get a bunch of points, it would be better that you got the offer in case you wanted to use it.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@ Calculator - all the notions that you heard from sdm, was it all at the same sdm location? i understand that only seniors can get the seniors discount and not the accompanying family members, but the rest is mostly horrible and i would email feedback to their office about the experience or at least to have the policies in writing and then go back to that location to see if you get treated the same way... if they're treating you like this, they are probably treating other customers like this too and it's not going to stop until someone speaks up.
    barbis9, Ciel, Poirot and 2 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    @ Calculator - all the notions that you heard from sdm, was it all at the same sdm location? i understand that only seniors can get the seniors discount and not the accompanying family members, but the rest is mostly horrible and i would email feedback to their office about the experience or at least to have the policies in writing and then go back to that location to see if you get treated the same way... if they're treating you like this, they are probably treating other customers like this too and it's not going to stop until someone speaks up.
    Yep, every one of them was from the same location.

I called the 1800 number and the rep there told me that everything they said was false/nonsensical, including the idea of that little notation on the screen that the cashier said should pop up if you are truly a senior. TBH I don't plan on returning to that location, but I will be phoning the manager to follow up. They had also denied us the $10 bonus card for an incorrect reason, so I want to see what he says about that as well.

Thanks for reminding me -- I will definitely ask him for written policies so that if I'm ever in this situation again, I'll have them available for reference. I'll post them here if I get anything concrete!

PS In the fine print, it said, "Discounts apply to our regular prices on almost all merchandise purchased by seniors and their accompanying family members with a valid PC Optimum points card after redemption and discounts." It seems a little incongruous to me too -- calling it a seniors' discount and then applying it to seniors... plus a few other people lol. It's a helpful addendum though. I'm not sure if it's like that every week..?
    barbis9, Ciel and Poirot like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by calculator View Post

I called the 1800 number and the rep there told me that everything they said was false/nonsensical, including the idea of that little notation on the screen that the cashier said should pop up if you are truly a senior. TBH I don't plan on returning to that location, but I will be phoning the manager to follow up. They had also denied us the $10 bonus card for an incorrect reason, so I want to see what he says about that as well.

Thanks for reminding me -- I will definitely ask him for written policies so that if I'm ever in this situation again, I'll have them available for reference. I'll post them here if I get anything concrete!

PS In the fine print, it said, "Discounts apply to our regular prices on almost all merchandise purchased by seniors and their accompanying family members with a valid PC Optimum points card after redemption and discounts." It seems a little incongruous to me too -- calling it a seniors' discount and then applying it to seniors... plus a few other people lol. It's a helpful addendum though. I'm not sure if it's like that every week..?
    I had a location tell me that the discount applies to 65 and older, so I stopped shopping at that location. Unfortunately because they are pharmacist owned, each store can set its own policies which is wrong.
    Ciel and calculator like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by calculator View Post

The last two weeks, I've been asked, while shopping with my parents on Senior Day, if it was their card. I do have a card for my dad, so I've been giving them that one (thankfully it had the milk and butter offers on it, so I was good with that), but usually I just use his or mine depending on who's card has the better offers. I love my Shoppers. I hope they don't get all weird on me, like the one you went to. They are always so awesome.
    Ciel and calculator like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fortinos shoppers in Ontario-you may have noticed an upcoming change to weeknight hours at all store locations except the Main. St. W. one by McMaster University in Hamilton and a Brampton location-as of Tuesday, January 2, stores will close at 9pm instead of 10pm. No changes to weekend hours.
    Just an alert in case you were used to shopping after 9pm on weeknights.
    Source: store sign at Fortinos Ancaster near a Coupon Zone board (east side entry).

As today is New Year's Eve, check if your grocery stores close at 6pm! Sobeys will close at 7pm at some locations.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

RCSS closes today at 8PM

Page 151 of 233 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 ... LastLast

Thread Information