User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: CHRISTMAS 2019 Chit Chat (Track our deals and shopping :) )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thought it was time to start a new thread
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    wendymac and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I still have lots of wrap/tags and ribbon.
    RCSS had it all marked down even more when I went in there on the weekend. At 1st I had 6 items in my cart but put 4 items back and only bought 2 new rolls of paper for a total of $1 (.44 each plus tax)
    I've put $100 in my Christmas account this month.

I just shopped on Hollister online and spent $57.54 on 8 boxers and 1 t-shirt. (4 pairs each for my boys)

Happy with my start
    wendymac, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Noticed that Rexall still has some clearance candy/chocolate/gift wrap at its Westcliffe Mall (Hamilton) store. Lifesavers Gummies book was $2.46. Saw chocolate letters, coins in metallic wrap, chocolate Santas. Check the stationery aisle plus sales cubes near front of store. I need to see what the local non-flyer store might have in its clearance section.
    Farm Boy (Hamilton) has some organic candy canes (6 or 8 pk) marked down from $4.99 to 99 cents! A few random Xmas chocolates still are at the checkout endcaps at deal prices i.e a chocolate Santa lollipop was 49 cents.
    I will see if Longos has any Papyrus Christmas card sets marked down at the Ancaster store (they tend to retail in the over $10-$23 range at regular prices). Mom told me one relative overseas still displays 2017's card on an armoire in the dining room-it was such a beautiful card.

I was thrilled to have purchased my 3pk of 3M Magic Transparent tape at Longos last week because I earned 25 bonus Thank You Reward points on the $4.97 purchase!

The Dec. 2018 Martha Stewart issue listing some gift ideas mentioned a Kikkerland Foragers playing cards set ($10 US). Have to see if Home Outfitters or another Cdn retailer might stock that card set locally. I like the idea about learning which plants are edible and which are not. Need playing cards...
    wendymac likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

2.26 for a 3 pk of socks for my oldest DS (funny how we get older we want undies and socks lol) I am going to watch for the sale on them at Costco over the year and when it is on buy a few packages for him)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Peanuts for $1.13 each with expiry date of November 2020. Perfect stocking stuffer!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Longos Ancaster had the Papyrus cards at 25% off retail from Dec.26 to Jan. 3. There's only one box left on the clearance rack. Tons of metal square gift card tins (price unknown) and also rectangular tins with (hot?) chocolate mixes (no price shown) remain!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

micheals had 80% offg xmas when I was in there today so got a
    wine topper with their last initial on it for my daughter/son in law $2.40 reg 12.00
    plus picks for my homemade basket next year .60 each
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Longos Ancaster had the Papyrus cards at 25% off retail from Dec.26 to Jan. 3. There's only one box left on the clearance rack. Tons of metal square gift card tins (price unknown) and also rectangular tins with (hot?) chocolate mixes (no price shown) remain!
    I looked in a local Carlton store last weekend and this brands cards were 50% off stickered price. Maybe worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Received my Hollister order yesterday! All shipped in one package and nothing back ordered or canceled. Not like my order in December. Happy to have items in hand. Will start my Christmas bin tonight.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Last Christmas I made myself use up all the single random leftovers and free cards you get from the charities. After Christmas I found very fancy hallmark Christmas cards at Costco. 4.97 for 30 of them. They will last a few years.
    Ciel, sweetmomma and coupon girl like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If anyone is looking for a deal on Kikkerland gadgets and fun items, well.ca has them at 15% off this week. The Foragers card game is not listed though.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I havent started yet. Christmas 2018 went overboard and I'm hoping to get 2019 back under control.

Not overspending on neices and nephews... or our boys. I might have just doubled the budget om everyone laat year becausr i got over generous.

This year so far I have 2 gifts purchased already for my sisters but if i dont draw their name or DH doesnt its redundant. And 2 toy drives gifts.... 1 because i forgot to drop it off to it lasy year and the other because of a health situation the gift purchased for a very young neice was not appropriate.

Its terrible but i kinda feel like next year taking the boys on a shopping trip to choose their gift might be the best choice. Atleast things will be used.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Ciel and sweetmomma like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Set up $100 transfer to Christmas account for tomorrow.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I havent started yet. Christmas 2018 went overboard and I'm hoping to get 2019 back under control.

Not overspending on neices and nephews... or our boys. I might have just doubled the budget om everyone laat year becausr i got over generous.

This year so far I have 2 gifts purchased already for my sisters but if i dont draw their name or DH doesnt its redundant. And 2 toy drives gifts.... 1 because i forgot to drop it off to it lasy year and the other because of a health situation the gift purchased for a very young neice was not appropriate.

Its terrible but i kinda feel like next year taking the boys on a shopping trip to choose their gift might be the best choice. Atleast things will be used.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    I spotted the mention of DH and must have missed your post about the wedding. Congratulations @saundyl !
    2019 is going to be a money juggler for all of us as carbon taxes are impacting most things we buy or use.

I'm keeping tabs on the cost of the hp Sprocket photo printer. I'd love to give my best friend one this year as she has a smartphone and plenty of photos on it. Maybe funds and Air Miles and pricing might align at Staples later.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I spotted the mention of DH and must have missed your post about the wedding. Congratulations @saundyl !
    2019 is going to be a money juggler for all of us as carbon taxes are impacting most things we buy or use.

I'm keeping tabs on the cost of the hp Sprocket photo printer. I'd love to give my best friend one this year as she has a smartphone and plenty of photos on it. Maybe funds and Air Miles and pricing might align at Staples later.
    Sadly no wedding yet - engagement ring though! After 7 years commonlaw he's taken to calling me his wife and I've opted for the same thing lately rather than typing BF or SO.

Money juggling will be real now here... his union announced strike action for monday if a deal isnt made with the employer onthe 8th.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information