User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Stores Closing in TO

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Show Company close to Bay and King in the Path is closing. Stuff is only 10-30% off right now though.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

New NYC Clothing at Warden and Eglinton (beside the flea market) is closing. Although I'm not sure if this is one of those stores that has a 'closing sale' for many months. There is a fair bit of brand-name clothing (Timberland, Nike, Blue Jays) and a bunch of cheaper stuff. The discounts don't seem too good yet (although I don't know the prices for this stuff - all women's boots are $99) but they may be eventually.

Also in the flea market there's a stall closing with lots of kids clothes, especially party dresses.

And while you're at it, head over to Adonis grocery store across the street and grab some yellow peppers for $0.49/lb and avocados 3/$1.
    Ciel likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

'Tis the season for store closings.

1. Evelyn and Crabtree - 50 Bloor W (Bay and Bloor in the Path)
    50% off everything
    They had a fair bit of stuff this past week, but I don't think there will be much left by now. I believe Evelyn and Crabtree have filed for bankruptcy, so there may be other locations closing too.

2. D'Abril Fine Mexican Handicrafts - 333 Danforth Ave (near Chester Station)
    Up to 60% off
    Dishes and ornamental glass/ceramics - plates, some nice $8 drinking glasses, some ornamental animals. Looks like the kind of stuff you would buy on a vacation in Mexico.

3. Save Max Dollar Store - 2575 Danforth (@ Main Street)
    50% off $25 purchase
    Still quite a bit of stuff left, although not great quality. Some nice party supplies (matching plates and napkins, ribbons), kids craft supplies, Xmas decor. Most of the pantry food I checked was expired unfortunately, but I got some decent stuff at a decent price.
    Ciel likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jean Machine @ Eaton Centre
    everything 50% off
    I think the sale just started, so there's lots of selection. Jean Machine is bankrupt, so other locations may have sales too.

Town Shoes @ Eaton Centre
    50-70% off
    I don't think the store is closing, but I would guess maybe they are moving to a different location in the mall? They are selling off lots of stuff quite discounted.
    Ciel likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hyba and Thyme Maternity @ Eaton Centre
    50% off everything, closing Jan. 27
    Hyba is athletic clothing - lots of yoga pants and jogging jackets.

Sunrise Records @ Fairview Mall
    20% off storewide, but that doesn't combine with other offers

Stockhomme @ Fairview Mall
    50-80% off everything, 4 days left
    Mostly jackets left

Urban Behaviour @ Fairview Mall
    Everything $10 or less
    Urban behaviour has taken over part of the space that Sears used to be in. Tons of all types of clothing, adults and kids.

Jean Machine @ Fairview Mall
    50% off
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Town Shoes had announced last year that it was closing stores, so it finally moved in that direction.

Glad you posted about Crabtree & Evelyn (did not know about their financial situation) because when I was at Square One earlier this month, the mall store door's were closed and there was no signage about what happened or a move.
    Found the bankruptcy article online- https://business.financialpost.com/n...ificant-losses
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Jan 23rd, 2019 at 04:17 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

SCers in downtown Toronto-can you tell me if the Atrium location of Long Tall Sally has any sale prices posted on the windows due to its Feb. 9 closing? Trying to decide whether to visit that store or head to Mississauga next week (when the temperatures let up from -10C or worse).

I was looking at a Spring 2019 item online but the item is not yet in stock. Don't know if the Atrium store has any Spring stock or just Winter clearance.

*Update Jan. 31-happened to read the Facebook page and saw mention of low stock at Atrium on Bay store of a week ago.
    https://www.facebook.com/longtallsal...type=3&theater
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Jan 31st, 2019 at 02:46 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    SCers in downtown Toronto-can you tell me if the Atrium location of Long Tall Sally has any sale prices posted on the windows due to its Feb. 9 closing? Trying to decide whether to visit that store or head to Mississauga next week (when the temperatures let up from -10C or worse).
    I went past the Atrium today and the sign said up to 50% off. They seemed to have a fair bit of stuff for 50% off, but it still wasn't cheap (around $60 for tops). Jeans still appeared to be full price - $95. I think it was mostly winter stuff. The store was about half empty and few shoes left.
    Ciel likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Forever 21 @ Yonge/Dundas is closing (the one at street level, not in the mall). Everything 30% off atm.

Photo framing store south west of Main Street and Danforth is closing. Everythin 50% off.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Closed late last summer-German Canadian News (Toronto). They distributed German and English language magazines (Burdastyle for the sewists still sewing nowadays). The US Burdastyle website support mentions an email address for Canadian subscription orders but I don't know who is the vendor. https://www.burdastyle.com/discussio...e-in-canada--2

This information correlates to seeing the removal of Burdastyle and other magazines at a German food store chain in the Hamilton/Halton area late last year and the appearance of German books on the racks instead.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Closing in October-Davids Footwear. Saw Jeanne Beker's tweet online. Story from Toronto Star. https://www.thestar.com/life/fashion...lory-days.html

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Forever 21 in the Eaton Centre is closing - 10-30% off at the moment
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Closing Jan. 30, 2020-T&T Supermarket on Cherry Street. Site will be redeveloped for a waterfront park and flood protection. Chain will seek a downtown location. https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...-to-close.html

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Closing Jan. 30, 2020-T&T Supermarket on Cherry Street. Site will be redeveloped for a waterfront park and flood protection. Chain will seek a downtown location. https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...-to-close.html
    Aww, I'm sad to hear that. That T&T was a great spot to stop for snacks before a long walk down Cherry Street. That area will be a food desert now. But thanks for posting @Ciel .
    Ciel likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've noticed a bunch of stores closing lately:

1. Bentley @ Yonge-Eglinton Centre - Everything was 40-60% off as of last week. Still tons of stock.

2. Clothing store in the Path between Bloor and Bay - Barely anything over $10, leggings for $3 or 4. Not great quality but if you're looking for something cheap this is a good spot.

3. M (Mendocino) in the Path between Bloor and Bay - Most things were $20 off regular price. Lots of stuff in the store. They seem to be clearing out lots of random stock (not a lot of the same item).

4. 2 carpet stores on Danforth Ave between Main Street and Victoria Park (sorry I can't remember exactly where)

5. Dollar store at 2436 or 2438 Danforth Ave (closing in Jan. I think) - Some interesting Chinese knickknacks, but the store is quite messy and lots of the stock is really old.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information