User Tag List

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Pinning the thread up on the forum during the third-last day of May. We'll be inspired by no-bake or no-cook recipes for any hot weather that comes along in June.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    wendymac, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thank you for starting this!!!!
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

June already oh my!!! Time to plan some summer fun! Getting the beach stuff organized this weekend

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I cannot believe it is June already. I feel like this year is flying by.

Was up early today and did not sleep well. Still scared for the surgery but cannot wait for it to be over and hopefully get back to sleeping through the night. Also I feel like everything is setting off my Gallbladder.

Decided to take advantage of being up early and got the laundry started. I find right now if I want to get anything done, I have to do it in the morning as I crash hard in the afternoons. I have a few other things I want to get done today but we will see how the day goes.

I had mentioned awhile back Mom had an opportunity which it appears has fallen through. They were looking for someone to cover a manager for Mat leave in another store and she was offered the job but it appears they did not have everything in place, it seems like what was presented to her was not really the case. I was hesitant as the store is about an hour to hour & half drive away but Mom said she was okay with it. She did the first interview all was good she was told she their number one choice but had to meet with the district manager to discuss money. This meeting never came and the last two times she called to follow up she was blown off by the manager. The person goes on Mat leave soon (within the next 2 weeks) so we are guessing her getting the job is off the table.

Off to have some breakfast and see what I can get done today. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Giseledta, wendymac, ROMEO and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to the SDM grand opening. Got a free bag of cookies for the boys. No real deals didn't spend a penny. They were giving out a slice of cake too.
    Came home and unpacked bags from night away. All laundry is washed and hanging to dry. Kitchen is spotless and grass had the 1st cut of the year! Just had a shower and will get dressed and hit No Frills. I want a pair of Birkenstocks but the store in town has no selection so think i will hit Tanger outlets tomorrow and Georgian Downs on way home and use $75 free slot play!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Can hardly believe it is June! DH and I work until June 25 and then head East for some visiting. It continued very warm here all week and luckily the heavy forest fire smoke from yesterday has now blown out of town. DH and I did some chores today including heavy pruning of a crab apple tree that did not fare well over winter-it will either live or die! We hope it will survive but...

I expect my DH will drive back home after about 3.5 weeks on the road-I think I will stay on with with my Mum for a few extra weeks and try to get her back to independent living-if possible. Then I will fly home. Mum is talking about moving back to Alberta in the fall which would be great for her as we kids who live out here who are no longer working FT have more time to give her a hand.

We have hired the 2 children of the Grade 1 teacher I assist to come and check our home while we are away-they are thrilled to be able to earn some pocket money.

DD is still visiting the East Coast with friends but will start her summer job in a few days in Ontario. I booked a trip for DD and I in Feb to Kauai which should be a very nice winter break.

SA-all the best with your surgery this week. I am certain everything will go well for you and after a few days recovery I am sure you will be feeling so much better! Speaking of surgery we found out DH will be referred for a hip replacement but I expect the wait will be quite long.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thanks Lizzie.

Okay today did not go as planned, Laundry is done, folded and put away. That is all I got done as I started to not feel well but it wasn't my gallbladder it was my actually tummy this time. So I decided to take it easy and have spent most of the day laying down, although I was not able to actually fall asleep.

To all the ladies who have had their Gallbladder out, right after surgery what was your diet like? I know nothing High in Fat, Deep Fried. But talking to people I know who had it done I am getting mixed message on the 2 to 3 days after surgery. 1 Person told me liquid for a week, Other said liquid for 2 to 3 then soft foods. Other have said soft foods for a week. I am prepared for a soft food diet but not if they tell me liquids only.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$678.86 - May total savings

Stuff Sold
    $80 - May
    $111.45 - May garage sale

Coupons redeemed
    $112.27 - May

10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys
    $6.62 - May

Air Miles
    $150 - May

PCO - No Frills
    $10 - May

Amazon.ca - from Swagbucks
    $70 - May

SCOP (amount item scanned for)
    $83.42 - May

Gift cards received
    $20 Sobeys gift cards promo - May
    $10 Sobeys gift cards from $100 shopping trip coupon - May

Found Money
    $0.10 - May

Wins
    $25 - Sobeys gc win - May
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Thanks Lizzie.

Okay today did not go as planned, Laundry is done, folded and put away. That is all I got done as I started to not feel well but it wasn't my gallbladder it was my actually tummy this time. So I decided to take it easy and have spent most of the day laying down, although I was not able to actually fall asleep.

To all the ladies who have had their Gallbladder out, right after surgery what was your diet like? I know nothing High in Fat, Deep Fried. But talking to people I know who had it done I am getting mixed message on the 2 to 3 days after surgery. 1 Person told me liquid for a week, Other said liquid for 2 to 3 then soft foods. Other have said soft foods for a week. I am prepared for a soft food diet but not if they tell me liquids only.

my diet was pretty normal....light.. small meals.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

today is spa day. hubby gave me a gc for me and 2 of my kids. it was very sweet. not something i would do .... but so nice.

and peoples messaged ... my ring was in.. so i picked it up. fits well... and my fingers are all sparkly.
    wendymac, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all. grocery shopping done. 18300 pc pts. groceries are all put away. veggie tray remade for the next few days. fridge cleaned out.

i am heading out for a couple hours of gardening and yard cleaning. might cash in some airmiles for soil for the side flower bed... and mulch.. need mulch as well...

supper will be bbq burgers, sausage and boneless chicken breasts... add veggie tray.. and coleslaw from fridge.. and volia .. done and hopefully enough bbq stuff for supper tomorrow night as well.

with any bit of luck it will be a good gardening week... and i can finally get stuff in shape.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I used air miles to pick up the few groceries we needed and still received 25 BAM for spending 25.00. I had over 350.00 in AM so wanted to use some up to reduce grocery costs this month. Used 60.00 in PCO @ No Frills Saturday.
    Plan to finish the gardens today. Sad to see the end of my mini vacation but I got a lot done and that was the plan.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was up early this morning so I took advantage of the time to get a couple things done, I did not get done yesterday.

The dishwasher should have been turned on last night after dinner but I was so tired and just wanted to go to bed that I ran it this morning. Once it was done I emptied it and started to re load it. Also just tidied up the kitchen in general.

I was going to try to tackle a few things once Mom left for work but she is not feeling well now so has called in sick. Hopeful it is either what I had yesterday or is just her body and no some sort of virus or flu, I cannot get sick before surgery. A co worker's daughter got sick a week before her surgery (for something different) and when she went to re schedule got re schedule for 6 months later.

I still have/had my snow tires on my car so last week Dad told me to he would get my car serviced this week since I am off anyways and won't be able to drive. Well on Friday I was walking through Dad's assistant office who asked me where my car was? (I thought it was a trick question) Um in the parking lot, she then told me they were coming to get my car because in error the tires that went up in bro's car are actually mine so they needed to send my car with his tires. Then it turned out Dad's car went up with bro's tires and bro's tires are now on Dad's car so we had to find a set that would fit bro's car, I assume they sent Dad's tires but I was staying out of it. So now I am guessing my car will come back Tuesday but obviously I cannot drive so I quickly cleaned out my car and did a quick tidy up in case someone else ends up driving it until I get back. Luckily I do not keep a lot in my car so it was quick to tidy up.

I think this afternoon I will get everything ready that I need to take with me for my surgery and also organize all of my after surgery foods. My surgery is a day surgery and from what I hear after coming out of surgery you do not stay long before they release you but for some reason I have a whole list of things I am supposed to bring. I think it is just in case you end up staying which I guess I get but just seems strange as a number of my family members have had day surgeries and all said they were not told to bring all of this stuff. Oh well it says to bring it so I will.

Hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I used air miles to pick up the few groceries we needed and still received 25 BAM for spending 25.00. I had over 350.00 in AM so wanted to use some up to reduce grocery costs this month. Used 60.00 in PCO @ No Frills Saturday.
    Plan to finish the gardens today. Sad to see the end of my mini vacation but I got a lot done and that was the plan.
    @lilo0003 What a coincidence! This morning at Metro while buying my coffee cream I grabbed a tray of thick pork chops, a pork loin roast and a few of " this and that" and before I knew it I had a bill well over $70.00. I forgot all about the digital offer I loaded for the 25 AM wys $25.00 . It felt right to cash in some AM ( I have too many not to use some up ). Free groceries always feels good doesn't it??

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon -sassy i cant even remember if it was liquids or soft foods since it was 35 years ago since i had my gallbladder out

Babysat Sebastian last night got him wendys nuggets and French fries for supper -they screwed up order and forgot one set of nuggets so they offered me 2 sets next time I come in ,he was so good he loves seeing "nana and papa"

Used up $43.00 in Canadian tire got white trim paint and rollers for our living room =free gotta love any points program right walkonby

Treated hubby and I to harveys for lunch $15 with cpn -their cpns went up a bit .34 cents more -lol what isn't going up still cheaper for a treat .Supper will be very light maybe toast and hard boiled egg

Hanging clothing out trying to use line drying ,its hard as we have so much rain
    Giseledta, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information