User Tag List

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2267Likes

Thread: June 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (advent of summer)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Finally got my colgate-palmolive coupons as promised happy!!!
    Giseledta, wendymac and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I keep getting awoken by people manipulated to give them things I don’t have or time I don’t want to spend. I am in physical pain today just like yesterday. I wanted to sleep I take pill that requires me to sleep anywhere from 12-15hours to feel rested. I don’t remember what they asked me to do I was sleeping still so it could be a numerous amounts of things. They buzz my intercom 4 times as the phone fizzled out and started to make weird sounds. And then they came knocking at my door and knocked multiple times calling my name. I want them to go away leave me alone I need sleep so my body can rest and not wake up feeling like crap. But everyday that I forget to rest for me is a day I cannot be with my friends it’s hard on my body and mind if I don’t get adequate amount of sleep. It’s my self care.

I have appointments Tuesday to Wednesday to Thursday this week. And I need time to myself. Which I have to schedule in some place.

I am going to a food truck festival on Sunday. Well hoping I have money till then.

I haven’t phoned anyone yet today..,I feel like crap and do not feel talking to anyone over the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Greentires4me- hugs. hope you can get some rest.

ok... kids done early.. omg. popped a batch of cookies in the oven. i will pop chicken in after it... and go spend 10- 20 min on hte basement.... its to wet to do anything outside.

supper is chicken.. i am cooking extra for wraps... rice ( as i like rice, ) cheesy noodles... for everyone else.. pes.. again for me... and raw veggies for everyone else....
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I roasted an 8-9lb ham for supper yesterday. Tinfoil wrapped and baked a couple of sweet potatoes. We ate it with canned pineapple, baby cut carrots, Dh had leftover mashed potatoes, I ate leftover perogies, our kids had leftover elbow macaroni.

We spent a couple hours hours at the park this morning. I packed their water bottles, along with containers of dried cranberries with semi sweetened chocolate chips.

I turned the rest of the leftover elbow macaroni into macaroni salad and ate 1/2 of it for lunch the kids ate toasted egg and cheese sandwiches, green grapes, and milk for lunch today. I have my third load of laundry in the washing machine right now.

I still need to decide what tonight’s supper will be, obviously with leftover roast ham.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I know I've been out of the loop for awhile, but my SDM has been telling me that no more points are given out for buying SDM gift cards. Is that true?
    It's true, since they merged the program, you no longer get points on SDM gift cards. However every once in a while, they do offer a promo if you buy gift cards, but very rarely. Keep an eye out in the flyers.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Father installed ac this late Morning so glad because today was a hot one.Will be on when we need it.I ordered dove samples with topbox and I hope to receive them,no confirmation e-mail like the planet beauty shampoo and conditionner and i did not receive it…. I have hard time with top box circle lol.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sweetsparrow -they only have show passes under the dream rewards of airmiles ,I didn't see any zoo passes

Anyway the bill for the lawn mower is going back on Tuesday ,I called and cancelled the order today as hubby got the lawnmower working .With spending on my teeth this month ,plus extra on our life insurance we had to pay .I am glad we are a bit frugal we will hope this lasts old lawnmower the summer ,then maybe buy one next year

I went for a long 40 minute walk with cara today after the morning rain and I had such fun with her today
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I went to er this night.did not feel very great with a crisis of panic....they cannot do anything so I have to go to clsc(walk in clinic tomorrow )Morning I hope it is Nothing serious
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    no rain today.. and loads of sun....

waiting on 2 deliveries. today. 1 will prob come tomorrow.
    park first thing, then crafts for fathers day.

supper will be bbq tonight. with veggies and dip and salad. easy peasy
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Sunny here today too!

The lunch I was planning on eating today was eaten by my oldest. Thankful there was chicken and rice still so I took some of that for lunch.

I did absolutely nothing last night so I need to get rolling tonight. Really want to tackle the youngests room, with his help. I am not doing it alone!

I have to say we are all loving the $1 air popper I bought at a garages sale (it was as new I don't think the guy ever used it) I haven't bought chips in a long time and no one is asking for them. I have 3 bags of kernels in the cupboard so we are set for awhile.

I cleaned up the upright freezer a bit on the weekend. I rearranged the frozen veggies and sorted to use up the older ones. Lots of green beans which is great. Will do us for a long while and until the next good sale to stock up again (expiry dates into Fall next year) Good assortment of meat still but lots and lots of chicken which is great since we like chicken. Pretty sure I only have 1 large beef roast left so looking forward the fall roast deals to stock us up for the winter. (not that I want to rush summer at all!!!)

So tonight I need to continue on laundry- Put a load of darks on and put away all the clean stuff. I have 3 loads of white towels to put away! Think I need to clean out the linen closet tonight to organize it all better and open my package of 24 facecloths I bought at Costco awhile ago. Thinking a Rubbermaid bin for my extra bedding put in the spare closet is the way to go. That will be my focus tonight.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -hung 2 loads out today ,its lovely crisp and breezy
    Just washed the kitchen floors ,waiting on hearing from hubby's sister as she gets out today from the hospital and we are her ride home ,so just hanging around the house

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @giseldta I also frequent a small butcher not to far from you. but I need a new option because they vacuum seal everything in plastic and I am trying to end my use of single use plastic so I need a new butcher. @flemeth the one coupon I was looking for to no avail (seriously all I see is the empty tear pad was the black diamond cheese slices. But at least they are on sale for 2.97 @ No frills so I picked up a few even without the coupon.
    I also did the 50xs event on Saturday and it paired nicely with some PCO for feminine hygiene products that I will send to the North. I spent 75.00 and earned 30000 points, its nice when that works out.
    my neighbour has his gas leaf blower on high-speed blowing the cut grass off his lawn, who does that!
    There's at least one person I have seen a few times along the main street using same device to blow his grass into the curb land or towards the neighbouring business. Not unlike landscape contractors doing lawn care-they blow stones, grass, etc. into the roadway.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I made beef sausages last night I first browned them in the frying pan then cooked through in the oven for 20mins at 350F.

Today it’s suppose to get up to 33C and humidity up to 55% and tomorrow it suppose be 36C, then cool off to 26C on Thursday. We are already been breaking records since May. I doubt any the veggies they just planted will survive the heat. They should have been planted in the middle of May. When it wasn’t as hot and be able to survive a heat wave of middle of June. I was disappointed he got me herbs that were already growing. That’s no fun it suppose to be our garden not his.

I am geared for July 1st to be cooking something sweet with a budget on their dime. Only problem someone stole my cookie scoop from my cutlery drawer. Ugh. Replacing tools is expensive. They closed the big box store near my house it what I was using to get all my cooking tools. I guess I will have to make more trips to homesense to buy some tools.

I haven’t decided for today if I am getting out of bed right this second.

I just had a thought I should make applesauce cake using a slow cooker instead of an oven it be the less expensive way of doing things on a budget of 20$ I have for every 2 weeks starting in July 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday was a true wash and dry day-I was walking from Burlington Mall (now Centre) to Appleby Line when the light rain became more steady rain. Ciel, wet pants from knees down, water dripping off right coat sleeve (kept squeezing excess water out) for over an hour (my wet feet were miserable for 6 hours). Before I went to the second Value Village store, I stopped at a Harvey's for dinner and stood up so I would not get the upper part of my pants wet by sitting down. When I was waiting for a bus tranfer, the rain tapered off and the wind picked up and was cool, but I opened my coat to help get it drier in the wind. Then the rain began again and the connecting bus showed up.

So out of three thrift stores, I got a black tank top for Mom and (poly/rayon!) pants that I assumed would fit me. They are snug and a bit short so I intend to let out most of the hem. I want the new pants to be my daily pants so the current navy pair will strictly be for gardening or mowing tasks. I decided to get a new mini umbrella at Shoppers as the daily one of late poked a partial hinge through the fabric and I said that's it.
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This morning, while I had a load of laundry in the washer, I checked the spices in the baking cupboard for ones to pitch and also tossed out three of Mom's items. Did she give me an earful about two of those things. I made a list of replacements to get in order to restore peace. At least she did not yet figure out that I found two year-old barley packages and put the contents in the green bin and the rinsed containers into the recycling box.

My brother, given word to put his empty pizza box into the green cart on his way out the door this morning, just slid the box under the bungee cord holding down the lid. Good thing I checked prior to 7am to see what he did and to take the cord off. I feel ready to finish banging on a decayed wooden stand for the garbage bag because I seem to move on things that I bang into (while trimming grass near the garbage shed, I hit my head on one of the stand's legs and that put it on my immediate to-do list).

I happened to have a chance encounter with another thrift shopper about health matters yesterday and while it was intense, she gave me some dietary advice to deal with my weighty mammary. No more wheat is no.1 followed by no soy no caffeine. I pitched the last cupful of my Grain Shop cereal, did not have any pasta shapes to toss and I will have to abstain from a lot of prepared foods and drinks. She also advised me about a certain tea to take. Considering I did not feel awesome and fine on both sides by June 1, I feel I was given a reminder to get moving on making things better.

Meanwhile, I noticed only one Yellow Pages box along Fairview Street and no phone directory. I had to walk past at least seven cans due to the rain and not having a spare plastic bag in my tote while trying to keep my bag contents dry. Did admire a couple of storefronts that have a barrel shaped corner that suggests a lighthouse or turret effect. Coffee Culture on Appleby Line and Absolute Soccer and Rugby on Fairview have the cool buildings. To my amazement, I realized there are sidewalks on both sides of Fairview all the way to Appleby GO and even beyond. I recall in the early 2000s, there was not much sidewalk east of Walkers Line in the same area because I remember walking over grass or grass shoulders in that mostly industrial area.
    barbis9 likes this.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information