User Tag List

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have to hurry home to watch BH 90210 (missed it last week) but I have to share a bit of contesting news-I won a $25 gift card (Indigo) tonight playing the Burlington Centre mall online game. Just have to figure out when to go there (when it's cooler) to claim the prize.
    Otherwise a relatively quiet day. Paper bundle came just before 9pm and there was a Bed Bath and Beyond insert for Back to School.

Have a great evening, everyone!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Happy Belated Birthday, @greentires4me ! May you have a lovely cooler day this week! Does your area Canadian Tire store have an Instant Pot on sale until August 15? My ON flyer shows the Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt version as sale price at $69.99 (30% off $99.99 regular price). I entered Vancouver BC on the website and I see the same offer on pg. 2 of the flyer. Unless of course your mother came through with the device as a gift?
    I don’t know yet I see family today or tonight for dinner at 5:30pm my mom wouldn’t tell me which restaurant either. I really wanted this Greek tavern that serves a plate of food enough for two people and if you get there 2 person meal it’s enough for 4 people and change. And there food is actually delicious it’s not crap like some Greek restaurants I go to. OPA that Greek food chain went it first opened it was delicious now it’s just plain boring and you wait forever for chicken or beef or lamb sovalaki like when you order it should be on the grill going not wait till you have the ticket then put it on the grill. And with the right temperature of a grill you can cook anything. I only have 50$ left out of the $105 I had I gave mom $55 for what I got at Walmart. And we don’t know where the vinegar went that we thought we purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.

should be a fabbo day. i am hoping. 2of the 3 kids will be home for supper. doing chicken fet. i might get youngest to grab some garlic bread.
    she needs to go get her class timetable.

hubby and i had a chat last night. we might delay doing the new doors. we have guy coming tomorow night and giving us a quote. so at least we have a ball park. if we dont do them this fall.. we will do tehm in the spring. it might be teh more prudent thing to do finacially.

my caddle cheque came in yesterday. i am waiting on a co 51 check as well. both will go to the LOC. goal is to slam the LOC with everything and just get it gone.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giselta-we need new front doors also ,we may get in done fall or wait til spring plus we also need a new couch as our leather one has a rip 12years old and well used ,but it can wait til we save a bit more,its harder on limited money coming in

So excited hubby is taking me to daughter's house today ,son-in-law is there til daughter gets home from work we will get there for 3.00 and stay for roasted chicken supper and see Sebastian when he comes home from daycare and come home in the evening
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

just a heads up.. for those who have pasta coupons... Barella ... 1.00 at independent. this weekend.
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Salvation Army Thrift stores are having a 30% off pre-sale day on Friday for those who might not be able to hit the stores for 50% off on Saturday!
    There's a Saturday contest for shoppers in that chain though:
    #ShieldyLovesThrift

This Saturday we’re celebrating thrift with a contest. Find the winning Shieldy (photo above) in our stores to win a special gift certificate! Visit a participating location this Saturday, August 17 on National Thrift Shop Day for a chance to win. Find a location near you at: thriftstore.ca
    barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I ventured to Walmart to get the current flyer which was not in the paper bundle yesterday. Took note that Longo's has 3L ON peach baskets on sale from Friday to Sunday for $2.99, which we could probably use this weekend. Our household is needing groceries and some household supplies.

Jotted a list of things Mom should get while shopping tomorrow, so it's done on one trip. Vacuumed the main room (it was needed) and jotted flyer specials on one page as reference for the things I'd like to get in the next three days.

I used 91 cents in paper and e-money at Cdn Tire and 20 cents for a large Peace Tea-so refreshing and satisfying my sweet teeth in the afternoon. Took a glance at dresses at Value Village and did not find any one to pursue. Did not see any coat racks but the first clothing racks are empty at the store-some wire stands are being set up in between the racks.

I was a bit confused by the teen character in BH 90210 who seems to be stalking all of the original cast members. But I found the park scene where the cast is picking garbage funny, as a paparazzi bunch shows up to take photos. Every cast member has different reasons for joining the reboot-think many of us would fall back on the familiar too if other options were not working out or had some outcomes that were hurtful or unpleasant. Found one movie commercial (on tv) disturbing for Ready or Not. I won't see it-I read a similar premise in a fiction book but it was about a man visiting an island who become the hunted prey (might have been a Mack Bolan book) about 30 years ago and that bothered me a lot back then.
    ROMEO, barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Think the economy is still on the rails. I just looked at dresses at one website and the hemlines are mid-thigh or higher.

The one dress I found for Mom is not at our local mall and yours truly will not trek again for a garment hunt. June was enough for me.
    barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    just a heads up.. for those who have pasta coupons... Barella ... 1.00 at independent. this weekend.
    Zehrs as well. I've gotten 14 packs of pasta so far and paid a mere $3.36 compared to the $24.50 it would've cost at RCSS
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We picked the last of the radishes and ate them with supper tonight. I took my hand shovel and dug the first carrots of the year. I was very happy to see how large they are already. They were all longer than my hand and some needed cut into carrot sticks for our kids to eat. I dug 2 for each of us, also part of supper. Along with KD, and leftover chicken thighs. I also ate some cherry tomatoes from the garden.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I am exhausted my moms jokes aren’t funny especially when they are poke fun at her siblings. My aunt got me a Tim Hortons and McDonald’s gift cards to be honest I don’t go to either. My uncle got me that ultimate dinning gift card again more places I don’t visit. We went to white spot for dinner it’s bottomless fries and drinks there. I got a legendary burger with cheese no tomato or lettuce which if you never have had one it’s delicious by all means. They serve them on the ferries here and I say it’s a must have if you ever visit BC but they are rather pricey but it’s restaurant style good burger not a fast food joint burger.

My doctors appointment went okay I am on different medication to try for sleep. Because I have not been sleeping well at all seems like I have been having panic or anxiety attacks before going to sleep.

It was hot one again today...with this humidity it reminds me of when I worked in Ontario in Algonquin park at camp tamakwa. Or when I was on katimavik and we were living in st. Boniface suburb of Winnipeg.

Tracy texted me today I was waiting for my mom to pick me up she wanted me to watch her dog tikki short for tequila. For several hours it was this favour I was suppose to give her. I texted her telling her I was going to leave soon and I will be out for the rest of the day. Then she started to tell me I wasn’t being a good friend in a text message I said excuse me I told her I go out to my doctors every Thursday usually and I told her Sunday that I had dinner planned for today. I also said it wasn’t my issue if she didnt remember but was planning things as though I was here to be able to reciprocate to her what she was needing from me as well. I said I cannot always be here for everyone I cannot clone myself and be everywhere at once. I am sure it’s possible we have the technology now a days but some times we have to go places we don’t always want to be or do stuff with certain individuals that we don’t utterly care for. Then she asked me in text message if I was mad at her. After she called me bad friend. I basically said text messaging it sometimes awkward and this day is awkward how can you find if someone’s mad at you in text message unless there using CAPS LOCK... I told her where I was going and I be back later basically.

I wanted to say she reads too much into text message if she thinks I was angry with her I was just trying to explain something and she was text messaging me in furious texts which is unusual for her. I some times think she has too much on her plate and drives her cattle like a stampede of elephants.

I bought a $50 gift card for amazon today and was thinking of getting candy I settled on a new Bluetooth speaker by Aukey. It was on sale for 39.00$ even I didn’t pay any gst or pst at all.

I saw lightning cables on at no frills for 3.50$ I don’t care if they are cheap I am going to buy a couple if they have some I need one for my purse. I always keep my portable chargers in there in case I need to charge my phone. For any type of reason weather it’s my phone or I am near an outlet to charge my portable chargers because I also have a block as well.

I need to go to bed but I gotta check on my water situation with my AC as well as look up the medicine facts on drugs.com for the new medication. I am already half there haha.

Till tomorrow audios amigos.

Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    its friday. it has seemed like friday all week. sigh
    we get to drive on our driveway tonight. hubby will be happy, so will the kids.

i have a funeral tomorrow. not looking forward to it.
    tonight we have a guy coming for a quote for the doors.. i want to know if i am guessing high or low.... i am thinking.. 2000-- 2500 more like 2500. for 2 installed exterior metal doors... i am prob uessing low... sigh.

ok. plan for the day.. clean the main floor so the weekend will be eaiser. tomorrow i have a funeral .

if it is not raining after the funeral .. i will w ork in th e garden ect.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope all have a Fab Friday and wonderful weekend. Not much on the agenda today. Lunch in The Beach. British sweets. Books. Cigars. And rest!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    good morning all.

should be a fabbo day. i am hoping. 2of the 3 kids will be home for supper. doing chicken fet. i might get youngest to grab some garlic bread.
    she needs to go get her class timetable.

hubby and i had a chat last night. we might delay doing the new doors. we have guy coming tomorow night and giving us a quote. so at least we have a ball park. if we dont do them this fall.. we will do tehm in the spring. it might be teh more prudent thing to do finacially.

my caddle cheque came in yesterday. i am waiting on a co 51 check as well. both will go to the LOC. goal is to slam the LOC with everything and just get it gone.
    I know what you mean about LOC debt, I'm slamming everything into it with my new job to try to get rid of it, along with OSAP as fast as I can. This month is a $2,000 payment versus the $200 normal payment I make. That will bring it closer to $5,000. Once that is gone, I will work on paying the OSAP loans (close to $30,000). Living as tight as I can to put more of my income onto debt instead.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    I know what you mean about LOC debt, I'm slamming everything into it with my new job to try to get rid of it, along with OSAP as fast as I can. This month is a $2,000 payment versus the $200 normal payment I make. That will bring it closer to $5,000. Once that is gone, I will work on paying the OSAP loans (close to $30,000). Living as tight as I can to put more of my income onto debt instead.
    Is this your first pay check your putting or using $2k for the first loan I suppose it is?

I was an eager beaver when I got a job after college the first time a debt load of $10k. It soon became a debt load of $30k because the credit card they gave me they kept raising my allowable amount. I was paying it off quite quickly then I quit and moved to a job I liked or loved. My eager beaver in me was having steady pay checks but I forgot to put some away for rainy day. That rainy day came in form of a lay off...I wasn’t fired I didn’t quit I was now suppose to collect EI. I had just come back from taking my dad to a hockey game for his birthday and treating him to his favourite meal before the game at the keg. It was all fine and dandy before I came back to be told they are keeping a skeleton crew and I wasn’t part of the skeleton. My eager beaver portion was freaking out because I had a nice check of $8,000 after taxes. I was there for thanksgiving I hadn’t had any days off for the entire September...it was October and I had put $5k on my student loan clearing it away because my dad said he match dollar for dollar. Now I had a $20k credit card debt which came much later as being on EI I encure more debt. When I finally went back to college the second time because it seemed no one was hiring in my town a chef but the employment office wanted to help me go back to school and do another trade I was spent I didn’t want to be come a plumber/electrician. it was dumb why do something I was also good at but had no passion for. I choose something I also wanted to do which I finished with diploma in. Was Community Support Worker:Social Services Diploma. But again I couldn’t get a job and work on the side no one was hiring me it seemed like they were hiring but paying me under the table. I had my first pay check and my eager beaver went to work I paid another $2k off my debt of $20k. I came back next day they liquidated my job and gave me money as to shut me up and just walk away type deal. I took the money and left. It was $2,500 in cash. I put it into my bank account of savings and tried to live off it first then I just withdrew the rest of it in cash took it home and started just paying bank fees that were a mystery because they weren’t there before. There was lots of things that were hard like looking for jobs that were a mystery. I had the background and the training. But no one wanted to hire. Then I got a causal job in old folks home and a part time job as a cook at a bar. It was my lucky break my mom has liquidated my credit card debt I had which was $12k. Now I had a student loan of $25k it’s a bank student loan. I wasn’t as eager as before I set up a saving account for my pay check for the bar I called it my slush fund. I paid off lots of debt and had like $4,500k left my mom liquidated that too.

But any way what I was trying to get at was don’t forget to save some money most people live pay check to pay check. That forget to make a slush fund or rainy day fund. They kick themselves after of course when they loose there job it was a great theory in some sense to always pay the bills first so you know what your dealing with. I always pay my bills first and whatever I have afterwards is what I can use for myself and groceries. I have usually left over is $50 a month that sits in the bank account as an emergency. I really wish I could save more money but I live below the poverty line and everything is so expensive these days.

barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information