User Tag List

Page 146 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2234
Like Tree5643Likes

Thread: What's blooming in your yard?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Just a small brag about my outdoor fireplace. (propane as we are not allowed wood burning in the city)

Home Depot clearance regular $598 got it for $120 lol
    ROMEO, GoJays, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The elephant ears @Patty Smyth , holy crap! Do you take the bulbs in for the winter or do you start fresh every year? I tried them one year but it didn't work so well for me - just a few puny little leaves. I think I didn't water them enough.
    Patty Smyth and walkonby like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Just a small brag about my outdoor fireplace. (propane as we are not allowed wood burning in the city)

Home Depot clearance regular $598 got it for $120 lol
    Great deal. Will be great for cool fall evenings!! Well done!!
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Update, took these last week. What a summer, from crap to crazy hot. I am going to have to change my plans for next year. Some plants just don't do well anymore in this heat. I am at a crossroads with my hydrangeas. In the past we never got torrential rains and my hydrangeas stood up well. Now we get these crazy dowpours that just are too much for the flowers to bear. My hydrangeas are all in cages but even that doesn't hold them up anymore. I may have to cut out a few. Poor things just flop over and break halfway down the stems.

Here is a link to my garden photo album on Facebook if you are interested.

https://www.facebook.com/patty.smyth...0608029&type=3

A lovely selection of plants!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My pots in the driveway are doing well too.

Preparing for next year. Got all this on clearance at Walmart

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    The elephant ears @Patty Smyth, holy crap! Do you take the bulbs in for the winter or do you start fresh every year? I tried them one year but it didn't work so well for me - just a few puny little leaves. I think I didn't water them enough.
    @GoJays

The lady at the farm where I buy my stuff had overwintered them in her green houses. They were on display at her kiosque last year. They were all cut down to nothing in a pot. I asked her if I cold buy a pot, a 5 gallon one, and split them into 2 pots. I probably could have split them into many more lol . I haven't got room in my garage or the proper temperature to store them so I may ask her to over winter them for me. I also split the canna lilies that I get from her and give them back to her. last year I gave her back over 50 bulbs.

Just wanted to add that the green ones are the ones I split. The purple elephant ears was a small 4 inch pot. They do require a lot of water and I really should not have planted anything else in the pot with them. I find it is hit and miss with purple ones. Last year I had one and it did not do well. I changed location for this year, more sun.
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Tue, Jul 30th, 2019 at 03:05 PM.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO and GoJays like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The pots are so sad looking at first

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I...I....I can barely speak or breathe @Patty Smyth The colours, the variety, the beauty! Oh geesh and the deals you snag!
    Your dedication and immense toiling wrt all your gardening projects should never be dismissed!
    o.k. I am fan-girling out I suppose but can ya blame me? I am lucky if the few trays of annuals I buy multiply successfully in their hanging baskets and last through the summer.

You rock.
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Aug 7th, 2019 at 11:31 AM. Reason: barely or barley? ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Absolutely beautiful! It looks like a lovely resort at your place, @Patty Smyth !

Please send some of your sunshine and heat our way. This has been an abysmal growing season for us.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Name:  IMGP7211.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  396.0 KB
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I apparently have some tulips in my garden that are blooming. I say "apparently" since I didn't plant them nor have I seen them before. I currently have daffodils and hyacinths blooming from a friend at Apknite and my bearded irises are just taking shape, along with the lilac bushes.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Wow at seeing such beautiful flowers in September! My alyssum still have petals but are so leggy and spreading. That's okay. The basil plant next to the alyssum is half-yellow--must be a soil issue.

There a purple/gold flower at one corner of the front yard that keeps the buzzing insects happy with pollen during Sept. and October. Mom's planted marigolds from late summer are still keeping brightly in the flower beds for colour. Coneflowers are spent and the chrysanthemums are likely to petal soon.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Time to put everything to bed

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My tomatoes are still going strong! No frost here for quite a while yet so will enjoy!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Wow! Where do you live, @GoodBoy ? Our tomatoes had to come in the middle of September! What kinds of tomatoes are you growing?

Striped German was one of the new (to me) varieties I grew this summer. Love the colours.

Name:  Striped German Oct 2019.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  402.2 KB
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Page 146 of 149 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast

Thread Information