User Tag List

Page 183 of 197 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2948
Like Tree7538Likes

Thread: Doesn't It Just Grind Your Gears When.....

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I never knew that my digital picture frame used to require a remote until after I figured out how to clear the existing images on said device(using the buttons on the top frame) but then realized after cycling through all options, the darn remote is needed to setup some options. I should try using a remote from the DVD or TV to see if it'll work on the frame. I don't want all the files on a USB imported into the device, just certain ones but I cannot do that yet.

I recommend that you take AA or AAA batteries along if you do find your remote device to test which buttons work and which might need contact cleaner or a PASS. Or try local garage sales in case someone is parting with devices (it's hard to find e-recycling events in #HamOnt; if someone is moving, chances are that some gadgets are being sold or given away to lessen the moving bill for the household move).

Last night, I spotted tubes of Glycomed hand cream at the impulse buys area of a Cdn Tire checkout and added one to my RFID case purchase. Now I have to use the cream every morning and night!
    Electronics from VV is a bad idea. New or bust. Huge headaches when things don't work. You can dump back there for free. lol
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    went to value village to perhaps find a remote for an older dvd player....

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I recommend that you take AA or AAA batteries along if you do find your remote device to test which buttons work and which might need contact cleaner or a PASS. Or try local garage sales in case someone is parting with devices (it's hard to find e-recycling events in #HamOnt; if someone is moving, chances are that some gadgets are being sold or given away to lessen the moving bill for the household move).
    Yes, this... and a very easy way to test a remote is this:
    With fresh batteries in (so yes, as Ciel mentions: bring some AA and AAA with you to VV or garage/yard sales).
    Turn the camera on your phone* and point the remote at your lens.
    By watching your phone screen, you can see the IR bulb on the remote flicker faintly when you push a button that works. (doing this in a shaded area is best).

So even if you dont have the device it's supposed to operate to test, you can at least test if the remote itself works or not.

*(yes, I've made an assumption that your phone has a camera, but every phone I've had the past 15 years has had one... so yours probably does too)
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It grinds my gears when.... its moving day & its a torrential downpour! (not me but big sis).... she had until 6pm to move out & the new tenants pulled up at 2pm
    Its a good thing sis was all done, she was even nice enough to hire a maid to clean the house.

I hate moving more than anything....
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

When you get a really good deal on something that you've had your eye on for quite a long time only to find out that it's a lot bigger than you thought but you reeeeaaallllly don't want to go back out because you've already put in 8 1/2 hours at work and you're exhausted

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

the winds today and missing electricity ..huh
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

... when a neighbour is a moron!

Neighbours have branches come off their tree and they do not want them on their property so they move them into the street ... the definition of morons! Myself and another neighbour cleaned them up and will put them out next yard waste day.

ETA: two people have boxed in this neighbour's car and gone for dinner in the neighbourhood! Karma's a beatch! He comes out and is aghast! ROFL!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Fri, Nov 1st, 2019 at 05:37 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Getting tired of hearing "oh, did you go all by yourself?" from people. Really, am I suppose to call everyone I know to ask if they would like to go out, before I leave my house. People often say, 'we should go out together' but never have the time. Friends say..oh, it must be lonely being a widow...well, it is. BUT, stop asking if I went out all by myself....I am not a hermit. If I want to do stuff, when I can afford it, I can do it on my own.
    Newfiescreech, ROMEO, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Some weird people in the world...one example this morning...a old man at the maxi this ask me if I can paid his grocery...no!!!!
    After he said something like do you have an eye or a lung for him..wt???? no!!! and he whispered nobody do nothing for me....

wow ..not impressed

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Let see it really grind my gears even we are not yet winter that because of the winter and we live father and I in a coop building that new rules since 1 year we have to put the bins for garbage day and nobody the winter do it because it is more difficult with the snow and the ice .....this week they where putted but trash bags where in the sideways because they where too full....and we got stealed 2 black bins and the coop did not replace it those so that is happen....not cool

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

why is it that october has a few wks of scary movies in honour of Halloween....yet come Nov 1st there are literally x-mas movies on EVERY DAY up until & after x-mas.

sorry but im NOT a fan of the cheesy un-realistic Hallmark movies. ;-(
    Ciel and dyalect like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

empty tear pads coupons in maxi and iga huh...so tired of that
    Ciel, dyalect and Linda Evans like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can't fix foolish. I still have trash all over neighborhood after Halloween rain and wind on THURSDAY. C'mon people the wind is not going to blow that trash into a bag. Lets keep the neighborhood tidy.

As for parking that is a long standard pet peeve. I don't own the street but people insist on parking right in front of my house for days and days on end. Phone call to city fixes things real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    ... when a neighbour is a moron!

Neighbours have branches come off their tree and they do not want them on their property so they move them into the street ... the definition of morons! Myself and another neighbour cleaned them up and will put them out next yard waste day.

ETA: two people have boxed in this neighbour's car and gone for dinner in the neighbourhood! Karma's a beatch! He comes out and is aghast! ROFL!
    Ciel, cath007, Linda Evans and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    why is it that october has a few wks of scary movies in honour of Halloween....yet come Nov 1st there are literally x-mas movies on EVERY DAY up until & after x-mas.

sorry but im NOT a fan of the cheesy un-realistic Hallmark movies. ;-(

And literally ZERO movies commemorating our fallen soldiers. (ie: Saving Private Ryan should be mandatory viewing for Rememberance Day... just my two-cents)
    Ciel, cath007, dyalect and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hubby got his windshield "dinged" by a rock on the highway.. he is PISSED.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

so pissed of when I have to take an appoitment at walk in clinic I never got the line in 1 hour or it is full...so I lost 1 hour of my time,...for nothing...

Page 183 of 197 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 ... LastLast

Thread Information