User Tag List

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Why did I buy a beige London fog winter coat 7 years ago ,I have to wash it today and I only like to hang it up to dry .Why because I paid like 82.00 plus my discount 7 years ago and I only own one winter coat -may start looking at thrift stores for another one soon .My complaining for today.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -you may find something in your searches for a coat at a thrift store-be sure to check all of the ones in your area!

I have detached my button-on hood from my thrift store winter coat and removed the drawstring with annoying bell end metal beads. The plan is to either find elastic cord I likely saved from a past coat or buy new cord to put in the hood channel with two plastic//metal tabs that will allow me to adjust the cord as needed. The original fabric drawstring was so lousy at adjusting for windy days that last week I just took off the hood. I may be looking for a thicker knit hat (I recycled my men's wool blend beanie in the spring clothing drive because it kept creeping up as I walked (so annoying)) soon--maybe something like a felted wool beret.

Sobey's shop update-to find the festive gift tags mentioned in the flyer with purchase of 2 x500ml Coke products, you need to locate the red & white cardboard display. The top shelf of the display has half-letter size sheet of 6 peel and stick tags-two circular ones, a circular one with stocking silhouette on left side, a large bottlecap sticker with tree silhouette on left side and two rectangular tags. Said display was near the hot foods/pizza side of the aisle, not by the refrigerated cooler on the sushi foods side in Ancaster. Because I took longer to look around for specials, I managed to get over $40 in purchases (earning bonus 20AM offer on my account!) but with three coupons ($1 Dr Oetker patisserie, $1 Cracker Barrel shreds, B1G1 Free Vileda Scrunge-4pk is on sale for $4.29), my final tally was around $35. No luck locating the Quaker Gingerbread spice instant oatmeal but I got two other kinds for the 2 for $6 deal.

Coupon finds at Sobeys Ancaster-Nabob coffee coupon hang tag on Kraft peanut butter (on sale for $3.77 this week!)-get $1 off any Nabob coffee product when you also buy a 750g Kraft peanut butter (same transaction; July 31, 2020 expiry); March 31, 2020 $1 off Cracker Barrel Shreds coupon tearpads on the cooler doors (I used an older CZ $1 off coupon as it expires in Dec. for my purchase).

Saw that Compliments parchment paper roll is on sale for $3 (10m roll). The McCormick spice jars no longer have the coupon hangtags. Pepsi/Chip promotions-buy 4 Lays/Tostitos products for $11 and earn bonus AM. Saw some Tostitos chip bags have peelie coupons-get 1 free Pepsi product wub 3 chip/salsa products. The former clearance area behind the pharmacy has various Xmas chocolate or Laura Secord gift sets (travel cup/hot chocolate or mug and some mix) for those secret Santa exchanges or gift baskets.

I also collected about 6 or 7 empty containers for refund! Yes, extra bags are a good thing to have in one's tote!
    My, Mr. Wind today has icy breath---so chilly! And I have some more purchases to make before night descends.

For those of you who drive, please ensure your vehicle headlights all work, the washer fluid and oil levels are topped up and the tire pressures are checked. Don't forget your first aid kit, emergency rations/blanket/hand warmer packets/candles and matches and shovel gloves/shovel! Add a safety vest with reflective tape and a triangle too just because they might be necessary.
    I am amazed at how many drivers in town are driving with lights off or burnt out and this is November 30.
    Keep warm, SCers!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I ended up emailing in sick to work yesterday, my face was killing me and I kept getting light headed although I feel I may not fully get sick days since I monitored my email and answered all branch phone calls.

I have been pushing myself every day this week to do 30 minutes of cleaning after work as I am still struggling with lack of ambition. Maybe it was whatever I have caught coming on.

I started in the kitchen and the first couple nights were spent doing dishes they had piled up again. I also cleaned up the front hallway, we have tried a few times to cancel our local paper as we do not read it and get all the flyers on our phones but it just keep coming so the papers always seem to pile up in the hallway.

Today I tackled the upstairs hallway, I got the top of the stairs cleaned up, stuff always get dumped here that needs to go downstairs but it never seems to make it downstairs. I also started to clean up the bathroom closet. We have a drawer thing in our cupboard but it was useless as you had to pull it out to open the drawers but if we actually put the extra toilet paper away you could not get the unit out. So I moved it to under the sink where you can now open the drawers.

I also put away a some of the stuff in the hallway, there was toilet paper, tooth paste, an extra polysporin and a few other things. There is still more organizing to come but I got a good start on it.

Also Mom had some hair dye stuff she got from someone at work which for whatever reason was in the hallway and one of the packages exploded. The floor where it was, is ruined but oh well. I got it cleaned up the best I can and took everything it touched out the dumpster. Although I am annoyed cause I did not see it and stuck my hand in it. I figure since you put it on your head it is okay it touched my hand. I did wash my hands well then put on rubber gloves but of course this is me so I am worried about touching it and breathing it in.

I also washed the bedding today which is almost done, just waiting for Mom's comforter to be done and then I am done.

I was hoping to clean until 3 but after the hair stuff I was done so I took everything out the dumpster and took a shower.

Now to figure out dinner.

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

November Savings $416.92
    Coupons redeemed
    $157.89
    10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys
    $19.43
    PCO - No Frills
    $60
    Amazon.ca - from Swagbucks
    $85
    SARCAN
    $74.60
    Gift cards received
    $10 Amazon.ca - survey
    $10 Indigo gc - promo
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Nov 30th, 2019 at 10:35 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

had a disappointing redemption at SDM. I did not spend 200.00 so missed out on that and I should have had her suspend my purchases as I still used 12000 points for a 160.00 purchased. Now that my kids are older there is no electronics to push me over but at least I bought only what I needed that was either at a price I typically spend or something that never goes on sale. I also realized when I got home the toothbrushes I bought for the food bank rang up regular price so they are going back and that will ease the sting a bit.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to SDM to shop for work. Just over $25 in points for me. Looked around to see if redeeming was worth it for me but nothing needed/no deals so will pass this time.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This morning I was calculating the OOP dollars spent to participate in 7 offers from STB promo.
    I earned both BAM, and regular AM and will qualify to get the STB 1,200 BAM.
    However.......

When I totaled ALL the AM I had earned up ( 1508 ) and converted them to a cash value, ( approx $159.00 ) then subtracted that amount from the total I had spent ( $184.66 ) to " play", there was an outstanding balance of $25.66
    I can sure see how so many members passed on doing the STB this time.
    The only silver lining will be IF I can redeem these earned miles at a better rate than the usual 95 for $10.00.
    Hopefully Metro and others will have some redeem promos out soon.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    This morning I was calculating the OOP dollars spent to participate in 7 offers from STB promo.
    I earned both BAM, and regular AM and will qualify to get the STB 1,200 BAM.
    However.......

When I totaled ALL the AM I had earned up ( 1508 ) and converted them to a cash value, ( approx $159.00 ) then subtracted that amount from the total I had spent ( $184.66 ) to " play", there was an outstanding balance of $25.66
    I can sure see how so many members passed on doing the STB this time.
    The only silver lining will be IF I can redeem these earned miles at a better rate than the usual 95 for $10.00.
    Hopefully Metro and others will have some redeem promos out soon.
    I'd be fine with spending that amount or more provided it didn't include much overpay, meaning money I wouldn't normally have spent, either by paying more than usual and/or by buying things I wouldn't have, which is situational. For example, if I were going to buy cooking wine before very long anyway, doing one of the LCBO offers would be $0 overpay, but since I'm currently well-stocked, the same cost would be overpay. So, I did an LCBO offer on both accounts last year but don't intend to this year.

Because of this and other personal circumstances plus the reduced big bonus amounts, it still looks like I'll only do three partners per account, down from seven and five, which I managed to do with only about $20 total overpay. That's just me of course. You obviously found a way of doing more than three that worked for you, and I hope others will too.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Arjon that is the phrase I was looking for....." over pay " .
    As I studied each offer that was always in my mind. Will we use this?, do we need to have any more of these? , is that price the lowest I can get that item for?
    In the end I like to think I bought " all that stuff " for the low, low price of $25.66, but DH likes to tease me and calls that creative math.
    Ty for the input, I appreciate that.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Why did I buy a beige London fog winter coat 7 years ago ,I have to wash it today and I only like to hang it up to dry .Why because I paid like 82.00 plus my discount 7 years ago and I only own one winter coat -may start looking at thrift stores for another one soon .My complaining for today.
    @coupon girl in spite of the colour, you got 7 winters out of it, which is awesome considering how cheap coats are made today. Some I have bought lasted only 1-2 winters. Suggest spraying with protection spray, like for boots, to resist stains.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I made it through Black Friday, just bought a three pack of warm socks @ Marks for $19.99 online, free shipping and ebates rebate! I was so tempted, and got bombarded with emails. The only cyber Monday thing I need is groceries. I still can't get over how TV's are dropping in price, but don't need a replacement.

The heater I bought at Costco, which had a horrible plastic smell for the first week, now rattles when it turns.....grrrr so much for the 3 year warranty. I must say, I'm disappointed in Costco these days - four items I recently returned due to sizing issues, quality and now this heater. ☹️
    walkonby, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Can someone point me in the direction of December’s forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cath007 likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread Information