User Tag List

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to metro and got a few specials spent 33.87 and got 16 airmiles plus bought my friend a peace lily plant for 14.97 which was in the total price

Metro had a flash sale today a tin of organic maple syrup 100% 10.99-5.00=5.99
    carrots .99
    8 lara bars .99-1.00 cpn=free finally I found this cpn last week at fortinos as I never find this or the kind bar cpns -ever

I had a lovely 3 hour visit we had coffee cake ,chatted ,laughed ,her daughter loved the gifts and my dear friend loved the plant ,Then she wanted me to stay for traditional el salvadore food (pupusas) it had cornmeal ,cheese ,spinach and onions in it -loved it .

Got gas on the way home 91.6
    and buy 1 pizza slice get 1 free cpn for hubby from pizza pizza 3.70 cheap meal since I got in at 6.45p.m
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Mar 10th, 2020 at 10:06 PM.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Some people I am finding are not reliable at all and finding problem with their word being genuine.

I really need to talk to someone today I feel unworthy at the moment of proper care and attention.

I accidentally called someone 7 times but that’s because they don’t have a voicemail system.

I went to Walmart this morning and there was no TP at all. Good thing I didn’t need butt wipe. This mass hysteria is killing the economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Angela273 - Yay sanctions. Not. Going on our 6th month over here. Was just announced that rotating strikes to resume after March Break. We have a week off next week and then rotating strikes will begin again. I am looking forward to a "break" from it all.

We loved Call of the Wild. A wonderful family movie. There is a small bit of (old fashioned) gun violence if that concerns you with little people.

Daughter had a great birthday. Was great to see all the family. My 20 month old niece stepped in the door, pointed to me and put her arms up. She then snuggled on my shoulder for 15 minutes and I was in pure glory. Especially since she chose me over Gramma who watches her once a week.

I used a gift card for a hair salon today. Middle daughter and I cut all our hair off and are sporting new pixie cuts.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

smelt skunk this am.. not strong but enough... sigh...

ok. wednesday recyles are out...
    going to take the kids for a good walk this am .. should be nice enough... and we need to get out. !!

supper will be roast chicken, asperagus, salad and rice.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m quite happy with my little Sobeys shop last night. Too bad I forgot bananas...Bogo French bread $3.99 Eat Smart salad (best by March 12) - $2 coupMilk + 6AM personal offer - 50c coup$2.99 eggs 18pk

I’m excited to pack the salad and French bread for lunch today and tomorrow. I still have my fresh fruit in a fridge at school.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    smelt skunk this am.. not strong but enough... sigh...

ok. wednesday recyles are out...
    going to take the kids for a good walk this am .. should be nice enough... and we need to get out. !!

supper will be roast chicken, asperagus, salad and rice.
    When we came into the office yesterday morning it stunk of skunk! They must be making the rounds.
    Giseledta, ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump Day! Glad this week is rolling by.

I put away so much clean laundry last night. Have a load to deal with tonight. DS has hockey so will make sure to take care of the laundry as soon as I get home so it is done and put away.

I took out BLSL chicken breasts and sausage from the freezer this morning. Making chicken fahitas for dinner and will cook up the sausage and put in the fridge for someone to eat (trying to clean out the freezer )

Will stop at Food Basics today for more strawberries and a taco kit

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby has been fixing a crack in the dining room ceiling ,must say he is taking his time and it is almost done after a few days ,I just painted with a moisture paint around the bathroom skylight (so I hope that is not leaking )just moisture from all my baths over the 22 years )

Time will tell -ahh the joys of owning a home ,repairs.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just went to FB and grabbed 3 x 1lb strawberries and Old El paso kit for $2.99 total after sale and coupon! I LOVE this coupon!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off soon to pick up Ashlyn both of us ,as my son has to work til 4.30 but his wife will be home at 4.10.So may talk hubby into going to Walmart and I may get more lara bars and hand sanitizer is hard to find -shoppers is all out .

Cara got her first little haircut the other day ,ahh cant wait to see her new little cut .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did a major shop trip on the TTC this morning. Made four stops and picked up all sort of things. Saved $12.80 in TTC fares. Still have to shop this afternoon after lunch.

Was shocked to see the toilet paper out at No Frills. My god why are people going crazy over TP.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Wed, Mar 11th, 2020 at 01:14 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I had to settle for those tiny alcohol wipes recently as I could not find 500ml bottle of rubbing alcohol at Fortinos or Longos.

BTW, World Health Organization just said that the coronavirus is a pandemic. Hamilton ON just reported that an oncologist at a hospital has the coronavirus and is now in self-isolation. Doctor came back from a trip in Hawaii...!
    Saw on the SC Blog that 7_Eleven will allow Slurpee cups (reusable) for this weekend's Slurpee event. Someone ought to let HQ know on social media that's a bad idea this month.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

$1 in container refunds today and $2 win on lotto scratch ticket. Bought some juice!

Happy I had a second box of Quaker instant oatmeal in the pantry-I had to think what was available for breakfast.

Yesterday, I bought the 150W floodlight bulb and managed to get it installed before the sun dropped below the horizon. Had stopped into Farm Boy-those 99 cent tote bags are not as sturdy as the PC tote (so I bought a box of Stash tea instead). The FB fabric bags have the same fabric as the Mandarin Buffet takeout bags/Hart Dept store bags/new green Sobeys bags-good for bags of chips or sliced bread but not much else (unless you need to buy 30 packs of gum or Tic Tacs).

Chilly day but sort of bright. Only saw a dusting of snow on ground. No flurries yet...
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well it is beginning to look like our planned 2 week cruise to Alaska in May will need to be cancelled. At least the cruise line is offering a credit-although I would rather have the cash back. If that is my worse problem this week I will take it-sure beats going around in circles on a cruise ship or an all expense paid 2 week trip to CFB Trenton!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lizzie bargain Has your Mother moved to your province yet? I was wondering if she's doing well healthwise this winter.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information