User Tag List

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It’s going to be an easy month to not spend money. But I am not using coupons or hunting for deals so will need to look for other ways to save.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thank you Lilo0003 for starting the April frugal thread.

I know that we are staying home a lot and social distancing. Dh is an essential services worker. I’m struggling with my chronic pain and health issues. I would like to do more baking with my kids, but that seems to be easier said than done. We did make baccok for lunch today. No leftovers from that meal.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    It’s going to be an easy month to not spend money. But I am not using coupons or hunting for deals so will need to look for other ways to save.
    Not buying something saves you more than getting it on sale and/or with a coupon.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @lilo0003 for starting this thread.

I did not go out in weeks to buy anything. My DH went to Fortinos when the had the flour was on sale since he works not far from 2 of them but he did not score any he did not buy anything else. I know I have to go out next week for fresh fruits, vegetables and milk. I am also not going to chase deals will used a coupon if what I am purchasing has a coupon match up but wouldn’t want to used too many to hold up the line either .My shopping will be drastically changed for the next couple of weeks.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Sunshine here today!
    Once DS wakes up i am sending him and the dog out for a walk. Then he has a list of chores. No gaming today.
    I've been using my pc pts when shopping and really just shopping light. The freezer is being emptied slowly and im happy about that. I hope to unplug and clean it by June and leave it empty till the Fall at least. Any deals i find can be put in my moms freezer.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

supper tonight is the last of the manicotti in teh freezer.
    laundry is already going.
    sleep is still not happening... ugh.
    on track for today...
    several loads of laundry
    maybe vacume and steam the bedroom... see if that helps with sleep .
    4 x on dc room.
    sdm trip. 8000 pts per 30.00 . plan the trip.. cream ( tea!!) few frozen items. snacks for hubby

i will do a foodland trip tomorrow or friday for fresh veggies.

Mortage pd, and other bills. will finish up later today.

if it is nice this afternoon. walk with hubby
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I still had trouble sleeping last night but woke up feeling ready to start the day which rarely happens these days. Now I am fighting a headache.

I really wish I did not have to work today as I am seeing a few things around the house I would like to tackle, but we are still working so let's hope once my work day is done I still have some ambition.

Seems like right now my days are full of issues that I need to tackle vs doing my job. Although with how I am feeling right now focusing in on writing manuals or trying to record videos (also, videos not happening as my voice is off right now) is not happening.

I still need to work on the budget, last night I ended up just laying on the couch and we started watching Blown Away on Netflix, it is a competition for Glass Blowing and it is Canadian which surprised me.

I really need to find my ambition, everything just feels so off right now and my body and mood are feeling it. Oh well, time to push on and see what today brings.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I wish I was off today too but really doing housework all day doesn't appeal to me either lol.
    So nice and sunny out. Can't wait to go for a hike later.

I do want to go to Giant Tiger and grab a few of the meat pies on sale starting today. I can't make it for $4.97 and it's something both boys like so its a win win.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yesterday we took a Turkey out of the freezer (we have 2), we will probably just cook it up break it down and freeze the cooked meat. I am not the biggest fan of turkey but we paid $0.77/lb which I could not pass up.

It is still pretty frozen today so we will probably cook it tomorrow.

Figured now was a good time to cook it up since Easter is well not really going to happen and we have room in the fridge right now. Also I am happy that will will free up some freezer space. Our freezer has a basket in the bottom which I normally use for roasts and whole chickens but it was about 75% full of turkey. Happy to get this space back as I have some roasts just floating around in the freezer that can now be moved to the basket. Maybe just maybe I will see if I can convince Mom to help me clean the freezer this weekend.

Since we have found out she is off for at least another 2 weeks her attitude seems to be we have time in the world to get stuff done. I was really hoping during this time we would tackle some stuff around the house but so far, no go. Most of the stuff I want to tackle are the things I need her help with so I am kind in a holding pattern, although she is not the only one, I have been lacking ambition too. This needs to change.

Okay, I took a break, time to go back to work. Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hello-cleaned one part of my fridge this morning ,had a good night's sleep .Then I decided to call and activate my credit card that came in the mail.

Waited an hour ,then the guy didn't care for what he said ,plus he asked for the 3 digit pin on back .So I am calling back ,who knows may take another hour ,but again I have all the time in the world .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just went for a walk to the mailbox. Nothing exciting.
    Made a toasted roastbeef sandwich for lunch. Dinner is leftovers in the fridge I decided. Maybe pasta with homemade sauce for dinner tomorrow night.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Monday was +18 and sunny. Today we have a snow storm. It is forecast to escalate this evening and might result in an additional 15-20cm of snow...reaching through Manitoba.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes finished cleaning my fridge ,just have to do the top freezer part -my fridge is a frididaire and is 22 years old -amazing .The odd time it makes a louder noise ,like last night .

Hubby wants a milkshake and I do too ,so I will use the last of the icecream up-we pick up groceries on Thursday at fortinos (yes the highlight of my week)yippee
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Yes finished cleaning my fridge ,just have to do the top freezer part -my fridge is a frididaire and is 22 years old -amazing .The odd time it makes a louder noise ,like last night .

Hubby wants a milkshake and I do too ,so I will use the last of the icecream up-we pick up groceries on Thursday at fortinos (yes the highlight of my week)yippee
    Haha! Milkshakes were on my mind too! We have 3 containers of French Vanilla and bananas! My fav.. (my sister thinks it is disgusting and as kids always insisted on making her milkshake 1st before I added a banana to mine lol)

We are going for a walk around 5 today. It is so nice out!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

oh,... milkshakes.. omg.. hmmm.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information