User Tag List

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The SC Blog has another recipe to share: Ikea's Meatballs https://smartcanucks.ca/make-ikea-me...omment-2759830
    Giseledta likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Younger son wanted a haircut this week and thankfully he was ok with a buzz cut. I did a decent fade but could not manage the really long hair on top so he said to just buzz it. He would normally have it super short now for lacrosse. I think Friday is the day I go to Costco, it’s been a month. Wish me luck.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I did not sleep well last night, if it was not for a meeting at 10 am today I would have taken today off. I may see how I feel after my meeting and might just take it easy this afternoon and only deal with what comes in and has to be dealt with today.

I really really really want to make Cinnamon Buns, might see if I put the dough in the Bread Machine if Mom make them once the dough is done. I make this Cinnabon copy cat recipe, it is so good and the secret is vanilla pudding powder in the dough.

We need to get some stuff done around the house this weekend but honestly I would love to just cook all weekend. I have a few ideas on things I would like to make and most of them would go in the freezer for quick grab and go meals. Just off the top of my head I would like to make:
    Stuffed Shells
    Pizza Pockets
    Mac & Cheese
    Queso Dip
    Also feeling something with Chocolate so I think a batch of Brownies might also need to happen.

Maybe after my meeting I will find my ambition. It would be nice to finish off the work week and after work start prepping so tomorrow I can just cook.

Alright well time to get back at it. Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF. It is trying to snow/hail here now, No sunshine

I stayed up way too late last night and will be paying for it later I am sure. I need coffee!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Regarding grocery shopping: I am going grocery shopping every 5-6 days. That’s how long we can make it with 4x 4L jugs of milk. We are a family of 5, plus my few daycare kids during the week. I am shopping at Sobeys of NF. I almost always go at 9am, that way I can avoid being in the store after a long day of other people shopping. I am still allowed to use coupons and price match, but the deals aren’t great. I’m spending more on groceries overall, but also doing extra baking at home with my kids.

There is only 1 known active case in the entire Southern area of SK, which is where I live. There are currently 57 active COVID cases in our entire province of about 1 Million people. Our premier announced a 5 Phase plan to re-open our province. Phases 1 & 2 have dates attached to them, the other categories are TBA based on how things progress.

The weather has been great this week. Ds is still doing 2-2.5hrs of school work each day, he’s in Grade 2, and he’s still not keeping up with all of the assignments. We are spending 3hrs a day outside in our yard. I’ve been able to dig weeds and pick rocks from my vegetable gardens. I still need to inventory my seeds and do a trip to the store to buy any other seeds that I need for planting next month.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Apr 24th, 2020 at 10:19 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    My plan for today is to make some salty snacks
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -I didn't sleep well bed at 9.30 up at 3.00 a.m so I feel a bit lethargic (I am one who cant get back to sleep easy either)

So I checked my credit card online -no refund from fortinos yet its been 10 days,so I called and she had told me it would be $7 something 10 days ago ,but she told me today she would take $10.00 off todays order if that's okay by me -yes I said .

Hubby and I must be eating less snacks ,as I still have a bag of popcorn and one can of pringles left -lol
    Yes excited to get groceries today -lets hope this order is a good one from fortinos .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A check engine light came on in my van. My mechanic pointed out to me that they are offering to pick up and drop off vehicles for their customers. It costs $242 to get the small evap leak fixed and they updated my computer while it was hooked up. I had them drop my van off at our tire place. My van is getting the winter tires switched over to summer tires this morning.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just popped out to Food Basics this morning since I needed to get a few more things for my mom and us and they had good veggie/fruit sales. There was a line-up so I decided to wait since it may get longer later. The strawberries are really good!!! I bought the stuffed pasta on sale for a change and 2 x romaine heart 3 pks, apples. Thinking taco salad for lunch to use up the taco meat and I know DS will love that.
    I took BLSL chicken breasts out of the freezer. Will cook up later so DS can make chicken fahitas. I will make chicken fried rice with the leftover chicken on Sunday.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just decided that I'm going to make a homemade pasta sauce today so dinner will be pasta with ceaser salad. I took out a package of ground beef from the freezer and will cook it up and just add it to the meat eaters sauce but make the big batch of sauce vegetarian.

i washed up all the dishes in the sink an scrubbed the kitchen garbage can. I have some scented beads I will put i the bottom to keep it fresh.

I need to go to No Frills. Lots of deals I want to get. Will redeem PC pts so I can go a little crazy and not feel the pain of paying for it. I am really happy with all the fresh veggies and fruit deals this week. It was perfect timing.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FBM-sounds like you are on a roll. I decided to start the spring cleaning today-I rarely feel like cleaning-and we are not even expecting company-lol. Did the upstairs and working my way down. Put a new head on my Vileda mop and using it to dust baseboards, door tops, blinds etc-probably not its intended use but saves a lot of bending and climbing.

QOTD-do you dust then vacuum or vice versa. I dust first but DH does the opposite.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Honestly, I usually do not dust and vacuum on the same day. When I am working I usually pick one things to tackle after work so one night will be floors and another night will be dusting. I do not have a set schedule so more so it depends on what I feel like tackling although lately I find I tackle the floors more often. I have become very OCD about our floors.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No Frills shopping done! Lots of deals and fresh food and some treats. Total was $60.38 and I redeemed $60 in points.
    Everything I wanted (and stuff I didn't know I wanted!!) was in stock. I almost bought wieners but I put them back. I just can't feed my kids those even though it is something they like and quick to make.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS did his list of chores! (sand the wall in livingroom so I can paint the spot and put curtain rod and curtain back up, Wash the front of the dishwasher. Wash a wall! (I'm making him was a wall a day!) Clean up his room and all laundry to laundry room. Now he can do his school work.

I have DS's bedding in the washer. All the veggies cut up for the pasta sauce. Cooking up 1/2 lonely package of bacon I found in freezer for the ceaser salad and for chicken ceaser wraps tomorrow. Next cook up the ground beef for the sauce. Then I will start the sauce and let it simmer. Cleaning the kitchen as I go. So dinner will be easy to toss together without the added mess. Need to chill a bottle of wine. It feels like one of those kind of nights. Off to paint the livingroom spot that needed touching up

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    FBM-sounds like you are on a roll. I decided to start the spring cleaning today-I rarely feel like cleaning-and we are not even expecting company-lol. Did the upstairs and working my way down. Put a new head on my Vileda mop and using it to dust baseboards, door tops, blinds etc-probably not its intended use but saves a lot of bending and climbing.

QOTD-do you dust then vacuum or vice versa. I dust first but DH does the opposite.
    About the only real dusting occurs on the baseboards when I'm handwashing the floor (I'll also catch splatters on lower cupboard doors that usually don't get wiped off unless the splatter is a contrasting colour to the white doors) or running the floor mop along the top of the boads as I move along the floor. I've am starting to vacuum the vinyl floor outside of the living room because it's quick and easy way to get nearby dust without bringing out the broom/dustpan.

I will dust living room ceiling corners and above the radiator registers before aiming the vacuum brush or crevice tool in the same spaces.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information