User Tag List

Page 1253 of 1583 FirstFirst ... 253 753 1153 1203 1243 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1263 1303 1353 ... LastLast
Results 18,781 to 18,795 of 23735
Like Tree139412Likes

Thread: WHAT is YOUR best deal this week?????

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My wife was walking our dog and a bylaw officer stopped and asked her if the dog was registered with the town we live in and my wife told her no. My wife has lived in this town almost all of her life and never heard of it. She had to tell the officer her name and where we live and told her that she would check in about a week if the dog was registered. We really did not think she would bother but after the week a warning appeared in our mailbox that they knew the dog was still not registered so we figured we had no choice but to register the dog. We did it online with the town and because we are seniors we only had to pay 15.00. We received the dogs tag in the mail today and inside the envelop that was also two coupon for 25.00 each. One was for Rens pet food and the other one was for PetSmart. We used the Ren on today and I also signed up for their newsletter and they emailed me another coupon for 10.00 off for signing up. We ordered my dogs food from them for curb side pickup and received a total of 35.00 off.
    We are not going to reregister my dog next year and see what happens
    Last edited by Thatdone; Tue, May 12th, 2020 at 11:43 PM.
    ROMEO, Silk, lotsasavings and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

nice brag
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    We are not going to reregister my dog next year and see what happens
    just like a SmartCanuck-- get more deals!
    ROMEO and luvthefree like this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

First it was toilet paper. TP stock is back on the shelves again. Then it was yeast and flower. Those are hit and miss items if you're in the store just as those items are being stocked before they're cleared out again.

There are some items that have become difficult to find. For me, it's become a challenge to find disposable nitrile gloves. For the past two COVID-19 months, my husband and I haven't left home without them whether it's to buy groceries or pump gas. Pharmacies in my area have been out of stock since mid-March. I've checked out Amazon but the prices have sky-rocketed and most disposable nitrile gloves are sold by third party unknown sellers who ship from halfway around the world so it takes at least a month before the gloves arrive. I've also read too many negative reviews about these third party sellers.

What to do? What to do? Go to your local hardware store! I was at Home Hardware yesterday and they have boxes of Watson's Green Monkey disposable 4ml nitrile gloves. Yay!!! A box of 100 gloves sells for $23.99 and they're forest green in colour. My local Home Hardware sells them in sizes medium, large and extra large. Extra large is great for my husband and medium fits me. The quality is just as good or better than the basic nitrile gloves sold by pharmacies (if you can still find them).

These gloves are made by Watson which has been around for 100 years. It's the same company that sells Grease Monkey gloves which my local Canadian Tire still has in stock.

I checked online and many hardware stores show they're sold out of Watson Green Monkey disposable gloves but I went to the store and discovered there were still some on the shelves. I bought enough to last us a long time. It's an extra expense but you can't put a price on your health.

I just thought I would share this information in case anyone else is looking for gloves.
    rayray, ROMEO, coupon girl and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    First it was toilet paper. TP stock is back on the shelves again. Then it was yeast and flower. Those are hit and miss items if you're in the store just as those items are being stocked before they're cleared out again.

There are some items that have become difficult to find. For me, it's become a challenge to find disposable nitrile gloves. For the past two COVID-19 months, my husband and I haven't left home without them whether it's to buy groceries or pump gas. Pharmacies in my area have been out of stock since mid-March. I've checked out Amazon but the prices have sky-rocketed and most disposable nitrile gloves are sold by third party unknown sellers who ship from halfway around the world so it takes at least a month before the gloves arrive. I've also read too many negative reviews about these third party sellers.

What to do? What to do? Go to your local hardware store! I was at Home Hardware yesterday and they have boxes of Watson's Green Monkey disposable 4ml nitrile gloves. Yay!!! A box of 100 gloves sells for $23.99 and they're forest green in colour. My local Home Hardware sells them in sizes medium, large and extra large. Extra large is great for my husband and medium fits me. The quality is just as good or better than the basic nitrile gloves sold by pharmacies (if you can still find them).

These gloves are made by Watson which has been around for 100 years. It's the same company that sells Grease Monkey gloves which my local Canadian Tire still has in stock.

I checked online and many hardware stores show they're sold out of Watson Green Monkey disposable gloves but I went to the store and discovered there were still some on the shelves. I bought enough to last us a long time. It's an extra expense but you can't put a price on your health.

I just thought I would share this information in case anyone else is looking for gloves.
    Fwiw, some people re-use disposables by washing them inside and out with soap after each time they're worn.
    ROMEO likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Or...just wash your hands.. Gloves spread germs just as easily.
    ROMEO, Shwa Girl, EILEENVG and 3 others like this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Washing your hands is definitely a priority and something we all should be doing frequently. My personal preference, during this time of COVID-19, is the added protection of putting on a pair of disposable gloves before pumping gas or touching things in the grocery store that others before me have touched. I put on a clean, unused pair of gloves before I leave my vehicle and remove them as soon as I get back to my vehicle. I also have a small container of Purell in my vehicle.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle81 View Post
    Or...just wash your hands.. Gloves spread germs just as easily.
    I agree Laurabelle81. @lotsasavings , thanks for all your great brags.
    For gloves, I have 1 pair of garden gloves for inside the grocery store and 1 pair for pumping gas. Got them on 2nd markdown clearance at Costco. 10 pack for $7.97 (reg. $19.99). Each dedicated gloves go in their own large Ziploc bag and are reused by only one person.
    https://www.costco.ca/Gardena-Gloves...100479943.html

Hope these great ideas are kept up in the Fall when we have the regular flu season. It might be a rough fall, with flu and covid together

Thanks to both of you @Laurabelle81 and @lotsasavings for helping to crush the COVID-19 curve.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, May 14th, 2020 at 04:36 PM.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I agree Laurabelle81. @lotsasavings , thanks for all your great brags.
    For gloves, I have 1 pair of garden gloves for inside the grocery store and 1 pair for pumping gas. Got them on 2nd markdown clearance at Costco. 10 pack for $7.97 (reg. $19.99). Each dedicated gloves go in their own large Ziploc bag and are reused by only one person.
    https://www.costco.ca/Gardena-Gloves...100479943.html

Hope these great ideas are kept up in the Fall when we have the regular flu season. It might be a rough fall, with flu and covid together

Thanks to both of you @Laurabelle81 and @lotsasavings for helping to crush the COVID-19 curve.
    @Shwa Girl , so many of your posts on SmartCanucks are an encouragement for the rest of us and they are very much appreciated!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

540 ml chick peas, exp. 2021, $0.44
    Rice Krispies squares $0.94
    Tim Hortons cereal $1.44
    Natural Value section, frozen root vegetable mix $0.44

2nd reduction
    Finish all in one dishwasher tabs 74, was $9.94, now $7.94
    Planters peanut butter, small jar, was $1.94, now $1.44

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Maxi
    Old Mills and No Name bagels were $1 each, got 6 and gave 4 to my mom

Flashfood
    3 belgian loaf $1 each, 2 white and 1 whole wheat, cut them up and already frozen

Giant Tiger
    Vachon cakes were 1.99
    Del Monte assorted veggies, 0.88
    Coke 2L 0.99
    Humpty Dumpty Cheese Sticks/ Old Dutch 2.47
    Breton crackers 1.77

ROMEO, Silk, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Natural Value section: Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats, reg $2.75, clearance $0.94
    Kind chocolate and peanut bark, expiry August 2020, reg. $6.00, clearance $0.94

YMMV
    May be at your Zehrs, RCSS, Loblaws, Your Independent Grocer
    ROMEO, Silk, Purdee and 6 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

fortinos online shop

mens dove deodorant 3.99-1.00online coupon=2.99

done with online shopping for groceries for forever so went into Dollarama today and I spent 70.00 a lot of good deals plus 3 one step foam hand sanitizer 4.00 each we were allowed 3 only (I have been looking for months for it ) amazon had outrageous prices and Walmart was always sold out online .May give my dear daughter one as in Toronto it is hard to find anything (when I see her oneday)-she cant find flour ,yeast.
    ROMEO, Silk, lotsasavings and 5 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Natural Value section: Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats, reg $2.75, clearance $0.94
    Kind chocolate and peanut bark, expiry August 2020, reg. $6.00, clearance $0.94

YMMV
    May be at your Zehrs, RCSS, Loblaws, Your Independent Grocer
    There is a $1.25 coupon on save.ca, expires June 14.
    ROMEO, Silk, Shwa Girl and 2 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Bananas 0.19lb. Two bunches comes to $1. Claimed .25 on primary CO51

Potatoes 10lb for $2

Onions 2lb for 0.49. Claimed .25 on secondary CO51
    ROMEO, Silk, Purdee and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

President's Choice pasta sauce, reg. $2.75, clearance $0.94
    expiry March 2021
    They had sweet basil, portabello mushroom, marinara, primavera, roasted garlic, roasted tomato, and spinach and cheese
    Attachment 362474
    https://www.presidentschoice.ca/prod...20131344002_EA
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, May 22nd, 2020 at 07:28 AM.

Thread Information