• 4 Post By wendymac
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By flemeth

Thread: Kitten Questions

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Hi,

Meet Monroe Darren (3 weeks old on May 5)

We will be getting him when he's ready to go.

Never raised a kitten before. Lots of cats but no kittens.

Give me your tips please especially as it pertains to litter training, houseplants, clawing furniture, etc....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

OMG! So Adorable...I have raised quite a few kittens over my lifetime. Here are a couple of hints....never disturb them when they are eating their food. I taught my kids this and the cat also knows it is a safe place. Find a litter that they like and continue to always use the same. Some animals have definite likes and dislikes. Don't disturb them in the litter box as well. Cats like their privacy for that. Watch out for small hidy holes as they enjoy a small dark place to sleep. My daughter one caught her 9 week old kitten behind the fridge! Play with them and get them tired so they do not wreck your furnishings also get a scratching post and teach them to use it. No catnip for the first year as they are still developing and it can damage their brains. You can also clip their claws and there is plenty of information on that. (regular clippers are okay, you don't have to purchase special ones).
    Whew! Probably enough for now. If you have questions message me and I will do my best to answer them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Oh, you are going have such a good time with your kitten. We just got a new little one about 3 months ago, and she runs me ragged. Buy a few toys, especially ones that roll, like a small ball so that your kitten can chase it. We also got a mechanical toy in which a stick goes around randomly in circles under a plastic cover. It only cost $10 and it keeps the kitten busy for long periods of time. We use a squirt bottle of water to discourage her from clawing the furniture. Cats hate being squirted, but it does them no harm...and they actually can learn! Enjoy, enjoy...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Sad update:

Unfortunately we lost out little man on Jan 29, 2022 from fluid in and around his heart and lungs. My heart has been broken permanently.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@momof3heathens I was curious about your update on Monroe but once I clicked on the page the sadness hit me too. I fully understand the pain you are going through from losing him at such a young age. Devastating for sure. (((hugs)))
    momof3heathens likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@momof3heathens I am so sorry for the loss of your fur baby. (((HUG)))
    momof3heathens likes this.

Thread Information