User Tag List

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i spent 2 hours looking at couches and we bought one a nice grey/navy blue tweed with 2 pillows at a good price .We also got to pick soft or firm cushions we went with firm will come in in 10 weeks .I can wait we bought our furniture at Parks furniture ,they have good quality furniture ,we have our diningset/glass hutch from there its 22 years old our bedroom set also.

So that made my day as i have wanted a couch for a year now and was ready to buy back in march but look what happened covid ,so my new couch may be here for xmas which is great .
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I read that Christmas show is been cancelled this year in Montreal because of covid 19..totally understand that but at the same time I wonder what Christmas will be or will look like this year..dont you?
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Went to WM for my bundt mould 8,97$,purchased at the same time dr oetker patisserie signature strawberries cheesecake because it was also 4,98$ but when unwrapped I was surprise by the tiny size..barrely 4 size...wow...glad I had purchased it in sale not in reg price
    Purchased at the same time 10$ giftcard and 2 x 5$giftcard just because it is handy for trading or I wil kept 1 for myself.
    Went to purchase something at metro qc and noticed the lady said they have now express line tills accepted cash (you do it yourself) wow impressed ..why express line at maxi and wm dont accept cash lol
    Other than that just enjoying the day and relax
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath - i am going day by day ,who knows what xmas will be like .That is why thanksgiving is important to me as all 9 of us will get together (my immediate family)at xmas who know may be dropping my grandkids toys off in the snow on their front porch like "santa" nana .

Just sold my daughter's pull -ups 5.00 for her .Listed a few more toys for daughter-in-law i told her as they both work full time and i have more time to post and sell items .I didnt even see the customer as i put a tote out with the pull-ups in a shoppers bag inside and told her to leave the money in the tote and she did (no contact is great)
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

September total savings $756.15

coupons redeemed - $63.73
    10% off Tuesday at Sobeys - $16.39
    Amazon.ca - earned through Swagbucks - $10
    PCO - No Frills - $40
    Air Miles - $40
    SCOP - $7.54
    Stuff Sold - $218
    Garden - $194
    Contest wins - $150 - large bin of litteracy prizes (estimate)
    Domino’s Pizza Points - $16.49
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Oct 1st, 2020 at 09:55 PM.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I read that Christmas show is been cancelled this year in Montreal because of covid 19..totally understand that but at the same time I wonder what Christmas will be or will look like this year..dont you?
    A lot less standing outside in lines for petting zoo, hot drinks at markets (no Toronto Xmas market or CN Holiday train either), or concerts.
    Think there will be more virtual or televised concerts for us to watch at home. The only outdoor thing that might continue could be toy drive or food drive or fundraiser.

I think it'd be wise to check if malls have closed or moved washrooms well before Christmas shopping plans are made. Jackson Square closed its food court washrooms for renos or so last year but I noticed that area got made into another food area (when I was in the mall Aug. 31) . No washrooms in the area now.
    cath007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Went to WM for my bundt mould 8,97$,purchased at the same time dr oetker patisserie signature strawberries cheesecake because it was also 4,98$ but when unwrapped I was surprise by the tiny size..barrely 4 size...wow...glad I had purchased it in sale not in reg price
    Purchased at the same time 10$ giftcard and 2 x 5$giftcard just because it is handy for trading or I wil kept 1 for myself.
    Went to purchase something at metro qc and noticed the lady said they have now express line tills accepted cash (you do it yourself) wow impressed ..why express line at maxi and wm dont accept cash lol
    Other than that just enjoying the day and relax
    Think the stores that don't take cash at express checkouts-it's a cost thing. Some banks charge businesses for cash and cheque deposits and store saves those costs plus employee time to empty or to stock the machines.
    cath007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread Information