User Tag List

Page 186 of 197 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2948
Like Tree7538Likes

Thread: Doesn't It Just Grind Your Gears When.....

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    This video is NOT mine, however it shows exactly how our glass table in the backyard met it's maker on Tuesday.

At the time that ours broke into a million pieces, the large canvass umbrella was fully open and inserted in the centre hole, and secured in the heavy metal base underneath.
    The winds were crazy strong on Tuesday, but DH and I both forgot the umbrella was erected.

Anyhow, from down in the basement we both heard something fall....a curious sound. We figured one of the cats knocked something down.
    It wasn't until DH ventured out back and saw the toppled umbrella laying on its side, still half way in the centre hole that he cringed.
    Meh?? I feel lucky we were not sitting at it when that happened! I have watched a few You Tube videos of these tempered glass tables shattering/exploding all on their own. So even though the wind and umbrella may have caused this, it may have been only a matter of time.
    There was a really windy day in June. I just happened to walk into the kitchen and I saw my umbrella go straight up and land on the roof. Our roof is slanted so it didn't stay there. I told DH so he went outside and chased the umbrella to bring it back home.
    ROMEO and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It's BAAAAAAACK!
    This annoying loud hum, rattle coming from my computer tower. I thought if I banged it very hard with my fist on the top it would subside, but no luck.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's BAAAAAAACK!
    This annoying loud hum, rattle coming from my computer tower. I thought if I banged it very hard with my fist on the top it would subside, but no luck.
    That happened to me, unfortunately the noise got louder and eventually my tower died. Could be your hard drive or fan is going. Back up your stuff now, I didn't. And keep your fingers crossed.
    ROMEO, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    That happened to me, unfortunately the noise got louder and eventually my tower died. Could be your hard drive or fan is going. Back up your stuff now, I didn't. And keep your fingers crossed.
    yep! @barbis9 it's the fan ( says my " IT guy "....lol. aka DH ) he's going out Saturday to get a me a new one and he'll install it himself.
    So weird though....the sound is gone atm....Completely gone!
    Last night it was gone for a few hours and then earlier this a.m. when i turned it on it started up again.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!

barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

We have a beautiful patio cushion set ( 6 pieces, over a year old now ) that had removal covers on 4 and have been laundered least 3 times. yesterday I noticed an unusual terrible stain ( dirt?, liquid? ) on one of the back cushions which does not have a zippered removal option.
    The usual attempts at wiping it off were not working, we think a racoon climbed up onto the furniture and had its' way with it??
    So what the heck, I tossed it into a gentle wash cycle.....what could possibly go wrong?

Name:  cushion.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  76.2 KB

Insert me crying and screaming loudly.

I'm baffled as to what chewed the corner in the cover in the washer? So I investigated a possible replacement purchase from Wayfair. nope! They have none. I was forced to fashion a repair with hand sewing.

Name:  repaired.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  83.7 KB

I am not 100% pleased BUT it'll have to do. I'll flip the ugliest side to the back when I place it back on the chair next summer. Sigh....we can never have nice things.
    Lynn49, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The repair job looks amazing
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG! I'm so stupid I thought you just turned it upside down and put it in a trash bag to toss. The repair is excellent. I admire anyone who can sew. Good job! You: 1, Raccoon: 0

We have a beautiful patio cushion set ( 6 pieces, over a year old now ) that had removal covers on 4 and have been laundered least 3 times. yesterday I noticed an unusual terrible stain ( dirt?, liquid? ) on one of the back cushions which does not have a zippered removal option.
    The usual attempts at wiping it off were not working, we think a racoon climbed up onto the furniture and had its' way with it??
    So what the heck, I tossed it into a gentle wash cycle.....what could possibly go wrong?

Name:  cushion.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  76.2 KB

Insert me crying and screaming loudly.

I'm baffled as to what chewed the corner in the cover in the washer? So I investigated a possible replacement purchase from Wayfair. nope! They have none. I was forced to fashion a repair with hand sewing.

Name:  repaired.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  83.7 KB

I am not 100% pleased BUT it'll have to do. I'll flip the ugliest side to the back when I place it back on the chair next summer. Sigh....we can never have nice things.
    barbis9 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When for months in 2020, cremation packages could be had for $2495, just $5 less than the $2500 CPP death benefit.
    Saw in last weekend's paper that one cremation service provider has increased package cost to just over $2600. Sigh #HamOnt.
    ROMEO likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    When for months in 2020, cremation packages could be had for $2495, just $5 less than the $2500 CPP death benefit.
    Saw in last weekend's paper that one cremation service provider has increased package cost to just over $2600. Sigh #HamOnt.
    Crap... NOW what am I supposed to do with these bodies?
    Tweets77, barbis9, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Was at the RCSS that I shop at today and was very disappointed to see that All the new tear pads gone. I know everyone usually take a few more to trade with but come on be considered and leave for others . Ask at customer service when did the smartscource rep came buy and was told at 7am today . I got there at 11 am and it’s already cleared out

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Was at the RCSS that I shop at today and was very disappointed to see that All the new tear pads gone. I know everyone usually take a few more to trade with but come on be considered and leave for others . Ask at customer service when did the smartscource rep came buy and was told at 7am today . I got there at 11 am and it’s already cleared out
    Totally agree.

I would be PO’d myself. Someone(s) have been greedy.

You need to complain to management. My local store use to have them in that space between the main entrance and the store entrance...where the trolly’s are. People could walk in, grab an entire pad and then leave. No one that worked there knew a thing.
    I b!7ched about placement, and they moved it 5 ft, other side of the door and in front of the hot food section where there were employees around and it looked like people lost their 5 finger discount nerve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

when people rake leaves to the sidewalk, so the wind can blow it to their neighbours, or the sewers so basements can get water in them
    we just finished mowing other people's leaves that blew onto our property
    ROMEO, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

three windshield chips in less than a year, the last 2 were just weeks apart! 2020 is truly sucking!!
    ROMEO, Tweets77, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I feel your pain @walkonby .....2 new rear shocks, 1 shock mount, 2 rear rotars and brake pads not to mention paint falling off the rear of my car which doesn't even have 100,000 km on it!!! ( shocks are the 3rd set and this is a known problem with Ford Fusions) I can see why Ford quit making this model!!!

three windshield chips in less than a year, the last 2 were just weeks apart! 2020 is truly sucking!!
    ROMEO, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    I feel your pain @walkonby.....2 new rear shocks, 1 shock mount, 2 rear rotars and brake pads not to mention paint falling off the rear of my car which doesn't even have 100,000 km on it!!! ( shocks are the 3rd set and this is a known problem with Ford Fusions) I can see why Ford quit making this model!!!
    Same issue with my Ford Explorer - twice the rear suspension has had issues in 2 years.
    Tweets77 and walkonby like this.

Page 186 of 197 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 ... LastLast

Thread Information