User Tag List

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Had a “Karen” melt down at my cash register. Her boyfriend was asked to leave because he would not wear a mask. She claimed he was had health problems and didn’t need to wear one. Asked for the supervisor’s name and demanded her last name - was told NO! - was given the information she need to file a complaint.
    Really attacking the workers who have to follow rules mandated from above will not change the rules.
    This couple deserve each other and I hope karma pays them back. What a display of rudeness!
    Ciel, Shwa Girl, crafter and 2 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if her boyfriend had health problems, then it would be best if he doesn't expose himself to the public in cause he catches anything else, and for him to just stay home or in not go inside a retail indoor establishment. he could have wear a face shield or not enter the indoor establishment and wait outside. i feel for anyone who has to work and receive such treatment and i wished if there was security guard at the front of each retail store screening people and only letting those wearing a mask to go inside. i'm glad the staff are okay. there are stories where people get attacked just for trying to tell other to follow the mask policy inside a store.
    dagney, Ciel, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dagney View Post
    Had a “Karen” melt down at my cash register. Her boyfriend was asked to leave because he would not wear a mask. She claimed he was had health problems and didn’t need to wear one. Asked for the supervisor’s name and demanded her last name - was told NO! - was given the information she need to file a complaint.
    Really attacking the workers who have to follow rules mandated from above will not change the rules.
    This couple deserve each other and I hope karma pays them back. What a display of rudeness!
    Wow. That's awful. Even though there is an exemption if people can't wear a mask, the store can still have stricter policies disallowing entry.
    Before COVID, a grocery store could ban a customer if the customer behaved badly or stole from the store or tried to defraud the store.
    Ciel and crafter like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Last edited by 2shopmom; Wed, Dec 23rd, 2020 at 10:23 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am not saying all workplaces are following Covid protocols but the way people are looking down on businesses that have had an employee test positive is horrible.

A lot of people seem to assume automatically they got Covid from work but there are a lot of businesses doing everything they can.

Personally there was a chance I was exposed late last year. In my case yes it was workplace related but the person who possible exposed me their exposure was from an event attended outside of work. Workplaces have no control over what staff are doing outside of working hours and what precautions they are taking.
    Ciel, 2shopmom, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For members keen to know which COVID-19 vaccines are in the pipeline, there's a vaccine tracker posted by CBC (found out about it two nights ago while watching CBC Toronto at 6pm):

https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/coro...accinetracker/

Our major media outlets tend to focus on the two major companies whose vaccines are being distributed. Someone told me about a third vaccine and I honestly don't know how many vaccines are coming out in 2021. Good to read the information as everyone knows what they will or won't take in a vaccination shot or what side effects they'd want to avoid.

Information on the South African and UK variants of COVID-19:
    https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...ientists-68317
    Shwa Girl and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

New rules for Quebec

A provincewide curfew from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.

The fine for breaking curfew will be $1,000 to $6,000.

Non-essential businesses will be closed but curbside pickup will be allowed.

Restaurants, gyms and theatres will remain closed.

Elementary schools will open as planned on Jan. 11, but children in Grade 5 and 6 will be required to wear a mask.

High schools will remain closed for another week, opening Jan. 18.

Libraries will be open to those who want to study there.

Grocery stores and depanneurs will close at 7:30 p.m.

Ciel, Shwa Girl and GoodBoy like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ontario heading towards this scenario: https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-c...-say-1.5262264
    The declaration of the state of emergency would give the premier the powers to unilaterally impose and enforce restrictions such as the further closure of businesses, the prohibition of events and gatherings and legally compel people to remain at home.
    That's going to hurt people who need to access public wi-fi at outdoor spaces near libraries or plazas. Seriously.

OK, Home Hardware wants online orders to be at least $20 or else you have to call in or e-mail your local store for an under $20 order.
    https://www.homehardware.ca/en/help-...change-content
    The volume of orders led to this situation.
    crafter likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@Ciel Hopefully they allow people outside to use wifi near plazas, McDs etc. They experts are trying to encourage exercise and walking.
    I have a friend who's lucky, he lives in an apt right across the street from pizza pizza. Has had free wifi for years.

That's a drag about Homehardware, especially for those who just need a few screws etc. It's been so hard for some of the Hardware stores that just don't have the setup or infastructure to do order picking well and easily.

On the news tonight they were talking about Big box stores closing or shortening hours. Mayor Tory was saying something similar. I dunno, I disagree with shortening hours at places like Walmart, Costco etc it just makes the line ups longer and more crowded. I can't imagine front line workers etc working a 12 hour shift at work and then having to go shopping. How can they if the hours are shortened?

I think Ontario should include front line workers in the time slot for seniors/disabled hour at grocery stores and pharmacies and perhaps tack an hour on at the end of the day (if the stores shorten hours) so that they can get in and out of the stores quickly and feed their families with some normality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Ontario heading towards this scenario: https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-c...-say-1.5262264

That's going to hurt people who need to access public wi-fi at outdoor spaces near libraries or plazas. Seriously.

OK, Home Hardware wants online orders to be at least $20 or else you have to call in or e-mail your local store for an under $20 order.
    https://www.homehardware.ca/en/help-...change-content
    The volume of orders led to this situation.
    Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

In Quebec, we have a curfew where you must be at home from 8:00PM to 5:00AM, unless you are walking your pet. If not, you can be fined from $1000 to $6000.

This couple were fined $1500 each when the wife walked her husband who was wearing a leash, LOL.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-c...eash-1.5262178
    Ciel, walkonby, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    In Quebec, we have a curfew where you must be at home from 8:00PM to 5:00AM, unless you are walking your pet. If not, you can be fined from $1000 to $6000.
    This couple were fined $1500 each when the wife walked her husband who was wearing a leash, LOL.
    I see the audacity in their action... but what if I went out with my cat? or my fish? would that be allowed?
    Ciel, couponmummy, crafter and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ontario's smackdown happens on Thursday-and the Ont. govt is going to be keeping tabs on Costco and Walmart stores. Grocery stores won't be limited to 8pm closures like most other stores will be. @SassyAshley

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/01/...-restrictions/

Though I wonder how people picking up takeout orders after 8pm will be dealt with-delivery only option?
    GoodBoy likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In Ontario I hope they will enforce but they will not so nothing will change .. wait and see
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-c...eash-1.5262178
    On the news they said that early reports are that Quebec's actions have decreased cases. Hope it continues for those in Quebec!
    GoodBoy likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    In Ontario I hope they will enforce but they will not so nothing will change .. wait and see
    Well, I had to get groceries today. I tried to go when it was the least busiest and do a quick in and out. I'm in an aisle by myself. Here comes a guy, going the wrong way down the aisle. As he comes closer, I could not help myself, I blocked him with the cart and me beside the cart. He said excuse me. I said you are going the wrong way. He mumbled something and squeezed by my cart. Sorry, I should have said nothing. I said, you are the reason Ford said we are lockdown for more days!

Then, coming into the aisle the RIGHT way, was a convoy of 4 carts and 4 people.
    My new 'friend' had to turn around and pass me again, because he could not get through the convoy.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information