User Tag List

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since our typical new thread posters are away, I have taken the step to create the May 2021 topic as tomorrow is May.

Frugality rules (most of the time! )

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Fri, Apr 30th, 2021 at 04:23 PM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

May 01 2021 is tomorrow. Another month and we move on. Take care all!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @GoodBoy to start the new thread.

Hoping to find some great deals to match up with coupons and Points

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$275.58 April total savings
    Coupons used - $99.27
    10% off Tuesday - $20.69
    PCO - NF - $20
    Air Miles - $110
    Contest wins - $22.19 - Pizza Hut
    Found money - $1
    Tim Horton’s Win - $2.43
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Happy Saturday, today is going to be full on meal prep for me. I really need to get back on track and get myself out of this funk I am in.

I have a list of things I want to get done, it is a manageable list but we will see if I add to it.

Going to see what I can get done. I am really hoping to have one of those get all the things done type of day.

It looks to be a nice sunny day out not sure how warm it is but Sunny days always make me feel better.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone.
    Did some making , made Bread and pumpkin muffin both turned out nice.
    Laundry is on the go and my kitchen is cleaned. Will tidy you the family room and then it’s my rest day

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My neighbour brought over 5 tomato plants for me which will go in later this month. Small things make me happy apparently!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning was up and out the door at 8.30 for shoppers -it is amazing how much you spend when you only go out every few weeks .I didnt think i would reach $75 but i did and got 20 times the points
    i got cheaper eggs than was listed for 2.29
    burnbrae eggs 2.99-1.00 caddle=1.99 got think like that to save .30 cents -lol
    (2) sugar 1.88 on sale
    batteries 13.99 and i had to pay an enviro fee of .96 .I called the store to inquire and she said it has been like that for a few months now -guess i havent bought aa's in awhile

Also got a bath retreat shower gel for 3.97 as daughter-in -laws birthday is coming up in junre and wish to give her a few small bath items along with money .

Found poise panti-liner on clearance for $3.57 -good price .

Off to do laundry and may have a sale on kijiji .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

I am in cleaning mode. Kitchen is done. Laundry on the go. Cleaning my room now. My sheets are in the washer.
    I have a few empty under the cedar storage containers I have to decide how I will use.
    Taking recycling out as I find it. Happy I should just have the one box to put out this week since I took the huge pile to the recycling depot earlier this week. Easier to putter around the garage later today.
    No shopping for me today. Using up what we have. Turkey dinner tonight!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon sold a tiny 3 wheel scooter for my son $10.00 bucks for them .

Hung one load out ,hubby cut front lawn .I chatted with neighbour told her we would cut the front ,we are on a curve of a crescent and share the front yard they are in their late 70's and 80 ,it is only 2 or 3 strips of grass.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I saw my GP yesterday. All of the test results have been good so far. Their office neglected to track down one test result and the receptionist was rude and tried to blame me. Not fun... I’m a teacher and I’m scheduled to get my first vaccine dose on May 5. I’m keeping that in mind while making this week’s meal plans, in case I don’t feel well of my arm gets very sore.

We’re running low on block cheese and we’re on the last big pack of toilet paper. I have coupons for Royale. I also have $1 Cracker Barrel cheese coupons that expire at the end of the month. Here’s hoping for a good sale, etc.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It was a busy day here. Finally tackled the garage. It’s been a few years and DH is a cyclist so we have a lot of bikes for 4 people. I did not try to sell any of it, posted all to give away as I just want it gone. Lots of stuff went and it’s so tidy now. The older son worked in the garage while the younger cut the lawn and cleaned the deck. Then younger son did bbq for dinner before the rain hit. I think Sunday I am going to take the empties back and bake cookies and laundry because that did not happen today.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I got quite a bit done yesterday but as always not as much as I had hoped. Honestly, I was a little annoyed yesterday. Mom is not working but left a bunch of stuff she wanted to do in the kitchen until yesterday so when I was trying to work in the kitchen I needed to clear out. But in all fairness I was feeling a little stressed. I gave myself a deadline of May 1st to figure out and setup my videos. I knew I had to give myself a deadline or it would never be good enough and I would just keep recording and deleting. So I was trying to get as much content recorded yesterday as I could. It is still a work in process but I am feeling better about it.

So far I have all of the prep done, now I just need to do some baking, I thinking a couple different kinds of cookies.

Between Friday on breaks and yesterday I got:
    4 Baguettes cut up - Mom used these yesterday to make French Toast Cups. I still have about 1 left thinking I might turn into Croutons, I cannot remember the last time we had croutons in the house.
    Romaine cut up and ready for Salads - This week yet again proved if it is cut up, I will make Salads, it is not cut up and ready to go I skip the Salad.
    Egg Roll Stir - I prepped all the veggies needed: Carrot, Celery, Mushrooms, Green Onion and Napa Cabbage and then I recorded how I make this
    German Cucumber Salad - Cut up the Cucumber & Onion and then recorded how I make this Salad, so so so good if you like Dill it is a must have

Then I spent a couple of hours working on editing the video I recorded. Turns out this process is a little harder than I expected only because I am using features in the video editor I do not use for work. So it took me some time to teach myself how to use these feature but it was fun. Okay maybe I am a little weird others reading this might think how boring or wow that sounds like work but I am finding it fun. Probably just a me thing but I like all of this stuff.

Time to get going for today, the kitchen is clean I just need to put away some dishes we left drying on the counter. By far drying dishes is my least favourite thing to do so whenever I had let them air dry, I do.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! I should get up and rolling. Since I'm working from home this week I need to get out today. Getting dressed now and then making coffee for the road. Will take a drive for some me time.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Afternoon Everyone,
    Peanut Butter Cookies are done, Chocolate Chip Cookies are done, half have been baked off, the other half are in the freezer flash freezing so I can put them in a baggie and just pull out a few at a time.

I went to post my grocery haul and I am not sure how but my editor changed my settings and I had to completely reformat the video. Instead of being annoyed I took it as a challenge and have now learned even more features that are offered within video editing program.

I have cleaned the kitchen. Mom made some homemade Bake-Ease, I am not sure about it yet, what she was making stuck and the stuff that was on the pan baked on. It took a lot of scrubbing to get the muffin pans clean. I was going to make Muffins but not sure I feel like it now. I am getting a headache, I think it is the weather so I might call it a day, meal prep wise we are in a good place.

I still need to figure out tonight's dinner and on another note I still need to find something to do with the massive Napa Cabbage, I only used 1/4 to 1/3 in my stir fry. I am thinking Coleslaw but I am not sold yet.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information