User Tag List

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

New Simons contest now posted in Contests subforum! It's the second one of the year (there was a recent one that just closed last weekend but specific to its artisan Fabrique 1840 platform).
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looking at the RCSS flyer has me wanting a half-day trip to Oakville's RCSS and the Value Village store near the GO Station (I would not mind a 30min visit to Oakville place to see L.L. Bean and the BuyBuy Baby stores) in July. There's someone I have in mind to ask about such a trip (I'd give gas money) as she does drive on the highways. To be determined one fine breezy day.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Jun 22nd, 2022 at 09:12 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Yay, it’s now my weekend. DH and I had planned a few months ago to go to Michigan for a long weekend for an event but with the rising costs of everything and knowing we have a big road trip planned this summer we opted to stay home. So tomorrow he is coming paddle boarding with me to a new location and we will pack a lunch. Friday I plan to spend the day just getting stuff done and maybe lunch with a friend. And of course I will try to go paddling.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Ciel21 I would use a motorized cart at Costco if you are concerned about shopping carts. I find mid afternoon seems to be the best time during the week, not weekends.

Yes the Costco toilet paper is a great deal and lasts a long time.
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier morning!!! Kind of a blah rainy day,hope it will pass fast.I hope to find new coupons in french especially the hellmans and the babybel ones.It is St-Jean day in QC so it is a holliday tomorrow yay!!!
    Have a good day!!! Per chance I savec 4 offers ,because my pc offers suck this week grr...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It was lovely last night with our AC unit going, although I must admit our house wasn't super hot. But, Mom had to go get an x-ray and I knew when she got home she would not be happy, between the heat and even just getting x-rays right now causes her so much pain, so I had the AC going so she came home to a cool house.

Because of the layout of our house as I have said portable units are not recommended but it is our only option right now. Mom wants to block off the doorways to the Living Room and Dining Room (One big room and where the AC is set up) but after running it last night I do not think we need to. The cold air was not going upstairs, it was still gross and hot up there and even the kitchen (next to the dining room) it was not warm but no where as cool as the living room. I think to cool the Kitchen or upstairs we would need to set up fans.

Took a quick look at the flyers last night, a few fresh things to grab but really not a lot. I see Broccoli is on sale again this week, thinking a broccoli salad right be in our future. Has anyone tried the 0 minute broccoli in the Instant Pot? It is amazing, just like blanched broccoli but without all the work, no boiling or bowl of ice water.

I am now trying to grow my own lettuce. When I cut up the last 2 Romaine Hearts I kept the bottoms and put them in water and they have started to sprout so either tonight or tomorrow I will take the out and put them in an empty planter. It looks like we lost two strawberries in the same pot so that pot is now available again.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -i bought a plant at canadian tire a few weeks back of leaf lettuce 2.99 and i love it i have a piece cut off for the odd sandwich ,mind you i bring the pot in at night (too many bunnies) mind you it needs 6 hrs of sun a day .

Cant wait to get dressed up today (either i will wear my new long skirt or new dress i got from the bay )if it is not too hot i will curl my hair .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday!

DS son was up extra early out in the garage. He is on a mission to clean up the lawnmower and weed whacker. I took him to CT this morning to get the supplies he requested. Used my CT $ on the card to pay for it.

Need to tidy the kitchen, clean the fridge out and make the mac and cheese today.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jun 23rd, 2022 at 10:40 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning girls! I had planned to hit NF, maybe Freshco today but as usual NO flyers came until about 10 minutes ago and then I only got THREE that I could use. A WM, a FB and a NF....it's the same every bloody week. One or 2 of them are never in the bundle.
    I've phoned and complained so many times that I simply cannot be bothered now.
    The fellow delivering tells me he is NOT the one who puts these bundles together, he claims they come already inserted into each other.
    Poor guy, he takes all the guff from the street when he is not even the one responsible.
    Sigh....Stupid Hydro workers just showed up now, so my driveway is partially blocked, I'd have to ask them to move to get out.
    Friday might be a better day for me to go out, I am too grumpy atm.

BUT, I am still thrilled for Nazem Kadri, who scored the O.T. winning goal for Colorado last night! Imagine how exciting that was for him? being sidelined since before June 6th and having a thumb operation. No one thought he'd return for this final series....ahhh. nm, I got off track, hockey eh?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Going back to Costco today after work because 2 of the 3pk loaves of bread are moldy and I bought them on Monday.

Today’s client requests a slightly later start due to her husband’s dementia. It’s hard to get him up and out in the morning since he tends to be wide awake and ready to go in the middle of the night and then wants to sleep in the daytime. Gives me a chance to enjoy a small coffee at home . I need the caffeine since Ive been up since 2:25am ( stupid losers decided to rip through the neighbourhood with his obnoxiously loud car 2 times) guess that’s what happens when theses losers don’t have responsibilities that require them to get up for work

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby, I know numerous people who delivered our local paper with the flyers in it and all of them had to out the bundles together themselves.

Where I live we get our paper Thursday but they would get the paper and flyers Tuesday giving them time to put together bundles and in some cases one person used to deliver them early on Wednesdays to get them out of their basement LOL.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Jun 23rd, 2022 at 11:17 AM.
    harbie, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Going back to Costco today after work because 2 of the 3pk loaves of bread are moldy and I bought them on Monday.

Today’s client requests a slightly later start due to her husband’s dementia. It’s hard to get him up and out in the morning since he tends to be wide awake and ready to go in the middle of the night and then wants to sleep in the daytime. Gives me a chance to enjoy a small coffee at home . I need the caffeine since Ive been up since 2:25am ( stupid losers decided to rip through the neighbourhood with his obnoxiously loud car 2 times) guess that’s what happens when theses losers don’t have responsibilities that require them to get up for work
    Well that loser may work the afternoon shift...but still rude do be loud after 11pm.
    cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Making a homemade mac and cheese right now. I will have a bit for a late lunch once it is out of the oven. Still cheap to make when you make sure to buy ingredients on sale (like we do ) So much cheaper and better then processed boxed mac and cheese.
    harbie, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@walkonby I actually heard a message on our machine last week from local paper about whether we get flyers or not in our paper. Guess some residents are not getting them or someone at company wanted to canvass some neighbourhoods. I did not reply as I missed part of the recording and it was not repeated. Flyers-we get most of them for groceries but Longo's might show up once every three biweekly cycles and Walmart can be a hit or miss. Giant Tiger is giving 2 pg pantry flyer and that itsy bitsy 4 pg clothing/home flyer. Would love a full flyer to remember all the things I want to see in-store. I might jot 3 things down from a quick digital flyer browse and forget later.

I have some contests posted for everyone's adrenaline rush this afternoon. Am seeking mostly novelty prizes/trips or cash/gift cards because everyone would like a break from spending their own money. Best Buy's Blog has lots of electronic gizmos for giveaway but I'm not interested in them-tip for the "new, now" seekers.

Still waiting on family to get out the door and get that new mower---sibling came home late morning but he's relaxing too. That grass might be a meadow if this slow move keeps continuing.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon!!! Since it is an holliday tomorrow in QC the groceries will be closed...so I will have to go tonight for maybe 10 things
    Per chance the public harvest is open tomorrow and saturday,we wont be starving lol
    My week is sort of done ..holliday tomorrow but I have to work in my things (deadline) so no much free time ...

For my painfull back I think I have not the right mattress(no too firm) so dad is agree with me to change for his..and vice versa...I cannot justify this expense otherwhise....

have a great evening and night!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information