User Tag List

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-I have also had steroid injections for arthritis and they helped me. I hope your Mum can get some relief from her pain.

Today is a busy day- helping finish final packing for our 18 year old Ukrainian refugee who moves into her own apt tomorrow!! She has sure achieved a lot in her first 2.5 months here! When we worked on her budget it appeared she should be able to manage her expenses on her pay cheques-she also has a savings account thanks to the Can govt giving incoming adult Ukrainian refugees a $3,000 settlement allowance. I think it is definitely needed by people arriving here due to the war.

So kind of like sending your own kid off to uni or into their own apt-you just hope they will spread their wings and fly!

It has been rewarding but has also been lots of work helping her get settled into the Canadian way of life-which she loves. Hopefully she will still love it when winter comes! Anyway looking forward to a bit more time in the summer for DH and I to catch up on a few things around the house and chill a bit.

All summer travel plans were cancelled due to me being sick in May/June. Have to be fully recovered for 90 days before my travel medical insurance will cover me-anyway just glad to finally be starting to feel better and happy to staycation for awhile-I guess this will be an unintended frugal savings!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I’m done work today except now I’m chasing $$$$

The good thing Dh and I are off tomorrow which hasn’t happened in a few years. Usually one of us is working the holiday. Time to rest…… ZZZZZZZ

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Watched the girls for a few hours today took them to Toys r us to pick out a reasonable toy for doing good in school ,needless to say i spent $40 on one and $41 on the other (a sales clerk gave me $5.00 cpn to use on each order if i rang it up seperate )saved $10.00-it was soooo much fun watching them pick out a toy and markers each -i picked up 3 colour of the worlds colouring book for 1.15 each .

Not much is under 20.00 nowadays thats for sure each toy was 29.99 plus gum and skiddles -lol

Son treated us to supper fish and chips and a burger for me with fries .yumm
    Then popped into freshco scopped a lemonade compliments brand as it rang up wrong saved 2.49,plus got chips ,some lemon bars for company on friday (our day with daughter has been pushed to sat which is fine )and chips -stores were sooo busy.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Jul 1st, 2022 at 06:46 AM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My PCO offers have been horrible and not for stuff I use, this week I only have two new ones and saved just three. They have sent my one for a lip balm I bought once on clearance at least 10 times so far this year.
    I did my 4th Shell fill up so received my 500 Air Miles for a total of 100 this month. But it’s not a great thing because it means I did a lot of driving this month and ouch that hurts.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Canada Day!

Was suppose to help friends with a project this morning (putting in stairs outside on a hill) but "he" doesn't want to do it in the rain. Boo! My friend just wants it done! I was all gung ho to help and get it done for her.
    So now I guess I am stuck doing housework lol. I cleaned the entrance yesterday (it is beautiful now lol) so I will continue!
    Waiting for DS to finish his shower so he can bring all the dirty laundry to the laundry room for me. I may as well get that rolling.

I picked up 2 more packages of the burgers this morning at FB. (I had 4 but apparently there is a limit of 2 now- no sign I guess we are to read minds)
    Put them straight in the freezer. I have lots of change left so will hopefully pick up a few more packages this week for the freezer.

RCSS had 20 produce boxes on Flashfood app and I was tempted but need to use up what we have 1st.

I cut up the watermelon last night that I bought the other day. It is a good one! Will pick up another!

Well I guess I should get some stuff done!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    @harbie What an adrenaline rush to start off your day. Take a break in the sun/outdoors if possible during lunchtime. Your intuition is probably anticipating loss thus the dream. ((Hugs))
    @barbis9 Could your cat have an issue with a kidney or pancreas? I'm aware that weight loss in humans can be connected to pancreatic health issues. Does your cat go outside? If so, maybe she had a run-in with a spooky thing or ate something noxious>thus the fur loss and weight loss. Is she still eating? ((Hugs to you too))
    @Ciel she is an indoor cat. I thought she lost weight but no (thankfully) but fur everywhere and it makes her look skinny. My vet did a senior blood panel so just waiting for results. He also gave her a flea treatment (as I have a dog) along with allergy medication that helps with anxiety. The vet said its' hard to determine what's going on in her mind. Thank you for the hugs.
    harbie and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    My PCO offers have been horrible and not for stuff I use, this week I only have two new ones and saved just three. They have sent my one for a lip balm I bought once on clearance at least 10 times so far this year.
    I did my 4th Shell fill up so received my 500 Air Miles for a total of 100 this month. But it’s not a great thing because it means I did a lot of driving this month and ouch that hurts.
    Are you getting your 3 cents off as a CAA member too? Can you use both cards?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My PCO are awful too. I too purchased a one time item on clearance and I continue to get the same offer....ugh.

Found Ontario strawberries for $3.99 at Fortinos, grabbed 4 and later when I went back, they were all gone. They are so good.

Happy Canada Day everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have found the key with PCO is to always save 4 offers. I forgot a few weeks ago and my offers went down again but I have been consistent with saving 4 offers. Sometimes I know some of them I probably won't use.

For example last week I stocked up Gay Lea Sour Cream since it was on sale and I did not really have a 4th offer I wanted to save so even though I knew I would not be buying sour cream this week, I saved my No Name Sour Cream offer.

This week mine are pretty on point, will I buy them all of them probably not as some of them are not on sale or I am stocked up on them. The only real weird ones is No Name Canned Veggies, we do not buy canned outside of Tomatoes because we prefer Fresh or Frozen or PC Fresh Pasta Sauce, I do not remember ever buying these.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

June total savings $264.47
    Coupons - $81.97
    10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys - $17.44
    PC Optimum - No Frills - $20
    Air Miles - $60
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $5
    CO51 - $20.27
    Stuff Sold - $15
    SCOP - $4
    Tim’s Rewards - $2.86
    Canadian Tire Money - $37.63
    Money found - $0.30
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i just checked my mail from yesterday and i got $26.21 check from checkout51 and $90.00 in giftcards for petro gas (thanks to putting 5,000 on purchasing our car last month from our credit card -then paid it off. )yes $116.21

Angela you amaze me how many cpns you use each month,i find them hard to find lately mind you i did find the hellmans and an axe and babybell one the other day.

I just ordered hubby new shorts from the gap $21.00 as 2 pairs just fell apart (they are now painting shorts )plus got sebastian for his birthday in sept a long sleeve shirt for $4.00 a t-shirt for ashlyn for $1.76 old navy ,socks ,plus socks for my son for xmas $4.00 spiderman socks lol and a night t-shirt for me from old navy.I used $5.00 i had saved up in old navy/gap points that turns into money you can use.
    Angela273, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread Information