User Tag List

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

OH my hubby and i had the best time ever on our lunch date ,he had ribs and fries and i had a sirloin burger with potato soup -sooo yummy .We still can use the giftcard for another trip maybe end of summer or fall.So full we didnt eat supper ,i just made smoothies !

Stopped into a small farm shop got a lovely beefsteak tomato and 2 brownies for this evening with our coffee and tea.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I entered in a few contests as you may never know...hope to win something hahah
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Sun is shining!

Going to get this work day out of the way and then enjoy the sunshine.

Went to bed having no idea where my car keys were. Thought I was going to have to walk today.
    Took one last look this morning and found them! In the cup holder of a camping chair in the garage that I sat in to talk to DS while he was cleaning the weed whacker lol I knew they had to be somewhere at home since I did drive home.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am stocking up on things before the price increases. Figure if I can get it for the price I have been happy paying then I will be ahead of the game.
    (I know the price has gone up on lots but I am still finding sale prices are the usual on some items)

TP- We are stocked up for probably 2 years. (I used PC PT for club packs last week on sale)
    Pasta/Sauce/tomatoes/rice- We are pretty stocked up but will take inventory of tomatoes and grab more if I see .88/99 deal.
    Shampoo/bodywash etc I stocked up years ago and still have lots left. Using this all up before buying more (unless a deal)
    Dishwasher tabs/dish soap- Dishwasher tabs stocked up for probably 2 years. Dish soap- I am buying large refill jug this week (lots of sales) to add to the bottles we have.
    toothpaste/flossers/tb heads- we are pretty stocked up on this stuff
    Laundry supplies- Still stocked up on this from last year.

So that is my plan this weekend/week. Organize what we have and look for deals to get a good 2 year supply.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Jun 24th, 2022 at 09:37 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    The original plan for this morning was to get up early, get some work things done and be at No Frills when they opened.

Reality: I let myself sleep in until just before 7 am since it was a work from home day and my commute was 30 seconds down the stairs. I am still in my pjs, I enjoyed a cup of tea well catching up on emails and now I am working on the other work things.

We were supposed to be participating in a community garage sale this weekend but between Mom's health (her hip just seems to be getting worse and worse, she is going to the doc later today) and my work schedule it is not happening. Honestly, I would love for a nice chill weekend, get some things done but keep it simple and find some time to just relax.

Probably well I have some lunch I will work on a to-do-list for the weekend, I know there are a few things I need to get done but ideally want to it keep it simple this weekend and go with the flow.

Happy Friday Everyone
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow...a stove is so expensive now...I started to check the price online...I saw 1 in clearance maybe i will go see it tomorrow morning
    https://www.thebrick.com/products/mo...nge-mcb757dmww

this is not my original plan it was for the end of the summer but i want a in clearance one because otherwhise it is too expensive....and not so much on clearance as a i checked... and it is for a normal one no gadgets or so.a one with rounds
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Jun 24th, 2022 at 12:39 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , the appliance market is a tough one. They are still dealing with a lot of backlog from Covid where appliances are still on backorder and take time to get in (not all models, some stores have stock but it is limited).

Plus a number of the parts that go into making these appliances have gone up.

With that being said, I do know some people who have still found a deal either by finding a good sale or another option might be if it does not matter, check the scratch and dent section of the store. Depending on the setup in our kitchen you may not even see the "issue." If the stove is scratched on the sit and up against your cabinets you won't see it.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley : thanks for the response the tips and advices.it is appreciated.!!! I checked 4 online stores and brick seems to be the best one in price so far haha and the shipping and pick it up the other is included compared to others places who are not so a bonus.It is on stock and delivery could be fast so i think i made my mind for tommorrow morning
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-we bought a dishwasher and it took a month to come in back in jan ,we got it end of feb .Maybe it is a bit better now.

I just went to sobeys and got the kraft dinner deal 9.99 for 12 which works out to .83 a box .I decided i am going to buy compliments dish tabs to save money as i have no cpns -are their even cpns out there for dish tabs ,i have no printer .
    Someone left me one last cpn on the shelf ,oh how kind on special k vanilla almonds ,i would have loved a few more ,
    I noticed since i was there 4 days ago some pads were all gone ,it is hard to save .

I shared my extra june and july cpns with my neighbour the other day ,she thanked me .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DH finished work for the summer yesterday so it it nice to have him around more. He and I braved two fruit/veg wholesalers across town-bit of a zoo at the one but we got a boatload of fresh fruit and veggies for $22.00 . My best deal was 11 lbs of asparagus for $5-crazy! I have already made a soup and we are sharing with the neighbors-might even have to blanch and freeze some for future soups if I can find some room in my fridge freezer.

Our 18 year old Ukrainian refugee has saved up her money and is moving into her own apt on Canada day-exciting times for her. We are very happy for her. Her Mum is coming to visit on Sept 3 so she is looking forward to that. I am looking forward to a quiet summer for DH and I once she is settled. It has certainly been a crazy. busy 2.5 months helping her-but very rewarding.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I crossed lots off my very long to do list. I even managed to meet my BFF at lunch. I brought my water while she had her lunch break and we chatted for a bit. Saturday I am getting up early to hit the lake and then driving to my FIL. My MIL broke her hip last month so I will take him to the hospital and be able to visit as well then I will popover to my mom’s, she is just 10 minutes away.
    dinner tonight was a leftover quinoa salad and hard boiled egg. It was nice to use it up before it needed to be tossed and with only DH and I to feed it worked.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Well that loser may work the afternoon shift...but still rude do be loud after 11pm.
    Sadly this happens ALL. THE. TIME once the summer weather comes around. There is a water park near us so the kids like to hang out there or the parking lot next to it. I doubt they work but regardless I really don’t care if they do or not . They obviously are just out to cause a disturbance in the neighborhood.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

harbie -we live in the suburbs ,yes i hear a lot of birds in the morning to wake me ,but i do hear the odd loud car on friday or sat night rip down this one long street just over behind my house (they even have a speed sign showing how fast cars are going)

Up and shower and gonna do my laundry to hang ,ashlyn will be here around 12.15 i may ask my son if he wants to stay for lunch with cara and him (daughter-in-law has gone to a winery today with co-workers).Love seeing my son as when we babysit the girls he always gets home after my daughter-in-law,so i dont see him as much .

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@coupon girl we’re in the suburbs too. It’s a township so not the big city but since they started building condos and townhomes around us it is getting to be a nightmare in the summer. The kids LOVE to screech down the streets, the “adults” rip open their motorcycles down the street and it bounces the sound SO BAD against the buildings. That is one of the reasons we are looking to move. I need to hear more birds

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning and Happy Saturday!!!!
    I woke up earlier in fact I did not sleep to well because I did the for and the against for the stove.But I figure it out since it is a 25 years old ,old stove it was time to let him go.So off to The Brick at the opening,they had the stove I posted in stock so I went ahead and bought this one.So expensive and dont start me on the darn taxes again...!!!
    But at least the delivery is included since it is in the same city and no fees to pick up the old one.
    I had the choice between 2 dates.end of the week (wont be there) and saturday so I chosen saturday
    No I did not take the extended warranty of 200$ no thanks I will take care of it !!!
    Everything is so expensive in the store,I dont see really the deals there.....
    I paid per debit so outch..per chance I am still with life project paid....otherwhise it would have been a big no!!!
    I did not discuss now with dad if He will paid the half since we live togheter..will see

After we where close to wm so we went.They did not had the QC Strawberries but the States one for the same price so I grabbed one
    And 2 x 20 lbs litter at 7,97$(cheaper than maxi and cie (11$) for same weight I think and wm dont have shortage....

Alright so for saturday need to clean the thing in the stove ,locker and counters..oh and the new stove is auto cleaning,I did not have that in the old one.
    Couchs are so expensives ...I will go second hand store if I want to rechange mine
    Yep I really got a deal with the fridge 3 years ago at best buy..with the increasing now and the covid it would have been more expensive...but I regret to not had change the stove in 2019 ...but i could not afford it...... the fridge was a necessity because he was leaking...

Have a good day!!!
    Nice and sunny it is a hot one in QC,.the AC is on.
    I got the e-mail from amazon that my popsicles molds are shipped so should be there by monday !!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Jun 25th, 2022 at 11:30 AM.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information