User Tag List

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good late morning and Happy Saturday!!!!
    I woke up earlier in fact I did not sleep to well because I did the for and the against for the stove.But I figure it out since it is a 25 years old ,old stove it was time to let him go.So off to The Brick at the opening,they had the stove I posted in stock so I went ahead and bought this one.So expensive and dont start me on the darn taxes again...!!!
    But at least the delivery is included since it is in the same city and no fees to pick up the old one.
    I had the choice between 2 dates.end of the week (wont be there) and saturday so I chosen saturday
    No I did not take the extended warranty of 200$ no thanks I will take care of it !!!
    Everything is so expensive in the store,I dont see really the deals there.....
    My experience with The Brick has not been good. I was looking for TV and freezer replacement and checked out all the vendors (Costco, Best Buy, Visions, etc.) and found that TB was always the most expensive option. I cannot understand how they stay in business. I guess it is like grocery stores. Everyone has their favourite and stick with them, for their own personal reasons.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@HermanH : I tend to agree with you on this comment.But I checked all off my options and that was the cheapest I can find of what I needed.But I wont probably dont return there.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    My experience with The Brick has not been good. I was looking for TV and freezer replacement and checked out all the vendors (Costco, Best Buy, Visions, etc.) and found that TB was always the most expensive option. I cannot understand how they stay in business. I guess it is like grocery stores. Everyone has their favourite and stick with them, for their own personal reasons.
    They have financing! That is why they exist still.
    cath007, HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I was up early but today was a bit of a struggle. I am feeling extremely worn down, we went short staffed at work again this week so that completely changed my schedule for the week and Mom has had a horrible week health wise and hasn't really been to do much. As the week went on her pain just worse and worse to the point she could barely walk from our kitchen to the living room. Doc has not been much help, she has arthritis and is getting older so more x-rays and waiting on results.

It isn't as hot out as I expected, just went out to take out the garbage and recycling but we do have the AC going, it got a little warm this afternoon with the sun coming and cooking dinner.

Dinner tonight I tried a new Instant Pot recipe, Dump & Start Instant Pot Alfredo, it was good. It was a meatless meal so in our skillet I cooked up some Chicken Chunks, Mushrooms and Broccoli (always love to add some extra veggies) that I added in once the Instant Pot was done. I am really enjoying dump and cook Instant Pot recipes right now.

Took me most of the morning to get the kitchen clean, it was beyond a disaster. Honestly, I went into today feeling like our house was caving in, there was just stuff everywhere and it was driving me nuts but when you are commuting and working 10 hour days it limits what you get done after work. Got the dishwasher emptied, reloaded and hand dishes done. Did not get the floor done but there is always tomorrow.

Then I headed down the basement, our chest freezer was a disaster, we had lost all organization. There was stuff that should be in the chest freezer but was in the standup freezer and than I had more to add that was upstairs. I got it organized and everything in with some room to spare so I am happy.

I cooked up the Broccoli in the Instant Pot, used some for dinner and the rest will be turned into broccoli salad tomorrow. I wanted to cook up some Pasta and Potatoes to have on hand or turn into Salads but it was time to cook dinner. Might still do the pasta tonight but leave the potatoes for tomorrow, do not feel like peeling them if I am being honest.

Got way more done today than I expected so I am happy but still feel like there is so much more to get done. But feeling done for today, going to watch some TV and head to bed early.

Happy Saturday
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The heat today-some breeze stirred outside and a little came inside but today was one of the more trying days to be indoors. Someone is having work done on a driveway with machinery, a mixer truck and noise so to prevent some dust from entering, one of the living room windows had to be closed (I needed the air from the other window). Could hardly watch tv with the sound so I made sure to pick videos with content certain to keep me from scrolling to other ones. I can have a restless video/channel surfing hand on the remote...

The watermelon has been consumed just in time as some of it seems to have started to go mushy, despite being stored in the fridge.

Popped outside for short bursts to get stuff in or out. Not feeling like going to the stores tonight for groceries. Will aim for early morning start as rain/thunder are coming by (finally) in the late morning and in the afternoon tomorrow.

I have been window shopping online at baby clothing sales/clearance and did the rounds of 6 stores. Have fallen in love with a new kids' puzzle and a few baby clothes (given the cost of everything, I have to be choosy about which 3 items at one Quebec store plus 1 item at a local store will go into a future baby gift package-just to have on hand because the prices are getting unreal). Have you seen the price of Oxo Tot items this year? The food tray is $3-5 higher (was $9.99 last year) and the vertical drying rack is $10 more ($32.99-$34.99 last year) at three Hamilton stores that I regularly checked online. Wowsers...

Thrift store shoppers-downtown Toronto is getting two Value Village Boutiques this summer and Vancouver will get its own boutique in the fall. https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/202...is-summer.html

Fireworks are being set off somewhere in Ancaster -6 days earlier than allowed. Is this a sign about the July 1 weather forecast?
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning!!!! Happy Sunday!!! Today weather should be 31 degres,so a heat wave...the ac is already on
    Todays's is the usual laundry and grocery day(a few things to pm)
    Have a good day!!!
    edit: 3 loads of laundry are done and hanging out outside to dry.
    grocery list is made wow 8 pm it is rare i do that but with the price of grocery no choice haha
    cats are feeded,watered and clean the litter
    chatted with my godmother
    dad will wash the dishes later
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Jun 26th, 2022 at 10:02 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Today will be tidying up the family room and the bathrooms. Did all my laundry yesterday
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Totally slept in today which is odd for me, I thought it was 7:30, nope it was 8:30 but I did not sleep well last night, I kept waking up and not sure why.

I still have not gone grocery shopping, there are a couple things we need but we have enough to get through the weekend. Will have to grab a few things either Monday or Tuesday. Will grab a few fresh things on sale (Strawberries, Cucumber & Broccoli) plus we need Sour Cream.

Tomorrow I need to bake something to take to the guys at work who make my AC stand for me. I also may make another batch of Rice Krispies Ice Cream Sandwiches, I may need to take some to work as everyone has heard about this dessert so I might take some in.

Today I think I will just do a little bit of food prep and call it a day. Trying to be prepared for the week to come as I am not sure how Mom will be this week. She had a good morning/early afternoon yesterday and was able to help me get some stuff done but by mid afternoon her she was struggling to walk on her hip again. My plan is to try having the side dishes on hand and see if that helps as we did not eat well last week. I did not plan ahead last week and there were a couple of days Mom's hip was so bad she could not go downstairs to get something out for dinner so we had to get creative when I got home.

I am thinking I might try making Slow Cooker Sesame Pork Roast in the Instant Pot. I did not think ahead and take the Pork Roast out last night but the Sesame Pork Roast with Rice and Broccoli sounds good for dinner, but we will see. Maybe I will head to Pinterest and see what I can find.

Happy Sunday Everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Jun 26th, 2022 at 09:51 AM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK, this morning is looking wishy-washy gray then watery looking Ms Sunshine as the day progresses. Finally headed out around 10am and was grateful for the trees (shade) along the way, despite broken branches (I'm fairly adept at using the cane to flick most of them out of the way). Another sticky but not super sweltering day at home-very little indoor air movement but it's slightly better outside. No treasure finds on the ground so far!

Fed the ATM, went to Dollarama for two things and came out with about 10 things--best find the Kableflags cable id tags. If anyone sees the DIY blank sets (I only saw Entertainment and Home Theatre ones in store and got both) in Hamilton, please share and post here or the Dollarama grabs thread (in Deals) because I see this as the best and affordable option to id tags (Bro ranted about the price of the P-touch tape cartridges and my overuse of the labels) so help me MacGyver the cable situation. Got some groceries at Fortinos-I did not see a price for the 6pk of The Keg burgers but after exiting and looking at the receipt-$19.99! The burger/cold cuts/meat area could stand to have a Price Checker unit posted there, just like Shoppers has near the tills at my local store. My purchase total was $55 and change-good thing I fed the ATM first with cash!

I did not see the less sugar version of Pure Leaf iced tea so bought one of the regular priced raspberry ones (over $5 but so good). Only coupon holder I was aware of in the aisles I traversed was the Starbucks $4 off one for Starbucks coffees and creamer (joint purchase) in the dairy aisle. There was a new issue of Alive magazine in Nature's Treasure department and took one (free). The reduced produce area had two rolling carts and the fixed rack area-was that area hopping with deal seekers. COuld not linger long as I was in the midst of three racks (they made a C-shaped configuration) and one shopper came into my personal space to reach on lower shelf and I thought it best to pivot and exit so we did not get into each other's way (due to my cane).

Time to look online for deals and see if the intended new runners are still available in my size (my toes are balking at wearing a size smaller than I should because of last year's shoe deal). Don't want to miss out on new shoes.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon!!!
    I got with life project a small started spider plant with life project so now I am thinking maybe I want others plants on my balcony will see...maybe purchase geranium for the cimetery(mother and brother ) if i have the physic and mental capacities to go this year..its been 3 years since I went..I feel guilty a little bit but I respect myself in that...
    Yay QC strawberries are here!!! (pm IGA,2,77$ for 1l could not pm wm as they where 454 gr for 1,97$,...maxi and cie is suppose to sell at better price but they where 4,00$...not the first time I am seeing that like for grapes)
    Grocery is done,laundry folded and putted where it belong.
    Oh no I forgot to buy laces for my running shoes....will try to remember this week
    Grocery went smootly,some things i have expected to receive points did not have points..crap lol
    I just forget 1 thing not bad.!!!!I will try to make a list like I used too so much easier.
    Need to work on life project and call this day done !!!

Maxi and cie:
    QC Strawberries 1l pm IGA for 2,77$
    Red seedless grapes @0,94$ lbs pm IGA(I assume most of people pming this item this week because they where just 2 bgs left...)
    BeefSteak tomatoes @1,49$ lbs
    English Cucumbers x2 @0,99$
    Iceberg Lettuce @0,99$ pm super c
    Olymel Black Forest Ham at 8,99$ for the big package
    Fontaine Sante tzasiki dips @2,97$ pm wm
    small tortillas no name at 2,49$ member pc price
    Pure Leaf Raspberries Iced Tea big bottle x3@2,99$ pm super c(did not have 500 pc points on each life I expected because maxi website is showing a points offer....grr)
    Cavendish Big Bag of Onion Rings 1 kg I think...7,99$(to bad the 1$ printable coupon dont apply to this size)
    Kraft BBQ sauce x3 @0,67$ pm wm
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Jun 26th, 2022 at 02:12 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good price on local strawberries Cathy! I saw RCSS has them here for $3.99.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Temps reached 36.9 today which wasn’t bad but the humidity made me feel yucky. It’s a lot better now and we have just the fan and turned the AC off.

Stopped by Safeway for a few things (CO51 has a Silk Nextmilk offer so grabbed 2 of those). Went to Rietmans to see what they had and ended up with 2 T’s and 2 pairs of shorts (one is on order and will be delivered).

After dinner I’ll go water my garden and then Dh and I will be going for a walk.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rain has yet to grace our dry yards today. Though I was certain there was rain drips here and there when I was outside! Spoke too soon-Mr. Thunder just announced that he's arrived.

Some planes from a local air show did their big turns near our street in the early afternoon. A certain someone had tickets to yesterday's show but forgot about it until he was somewhere else!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Lovely rain is gracing our sky,much needed.

We had a lovely steak bbq (we dont have that enough too expensive but got so on sale for 14.99 ,one is in freezer for another time)corn on cob ,broccoli and baked potatoes .

My granddaughter ashlyn helped me dig a few weeds today out front and i dribbled a ball with her after ,she is so easy when she sleeps over as she is the oldest age 8.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@harbie there is a coupon out for the Silk Nextmilk. I think 50 cents off.
    I am so grateful as my BFF has offered so much of the stuff my son needs for residence and he does not care that the comforter is dual side and one side has little hearts on it. This will be such a savings for us.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information