User Tag List

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2380Likes

Thread: September 2022 Frugal Chatter; Almost Fall and Harvest time !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Time for a quick break.

So far a double batch of Banana Muffins is done.

One Cauliflower is been cut up and roasted to be turned into Soup

The other Cauliflower has been cut up steamed in the Instant Pot

Both Broccoli has been cut up and steamed in the Instant Pot

One Butternut Squash has been cut up, the top portion is in the fridge to be turned into Roasted Parm Butternut Squash one night. The bottom portion has been steamed in the Instant Pot.

Some older Cherry Tomatoes were roasted in the Oven

All of cooked Ingredient Prep is done
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wow super fast(2 days) my bay pkg came in everything fits ,my pjs were reg 65.00 i paid 24.00 nice 2 piece set ,plus the sandals fit.

Well i tested myself yesterday negative and no fever ,so now i will wear a mask for 10 days from the start of my symptoms when around anyone.I am not running anywhere soon thou ,will get a few groceries in a few days .

I feel like i have a tail end of a cold now .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ok, things are rolling along.

The raw ingredient prep is done. This one was a bit easier not as much to done.

I have two recipes these week that both need Carrots and Celery so I cut those up.

I cut up Romaine because I forgot to last week and only ate salad once this week.

We cleaned out the fridge when we got home yesterday so there were a few plastic containers to be washed, we did have some food waste. One of the recipes I made last week had good flavour but the veggies did not cook and the rice burnt to the bottom of the Instant Pot. I ate about half of it and was done. So that went plus I had some cucumbers that went bad.

Now I just need to do the actual cooking. I am going to try to have some of the more labour intensive parts of the meal done so I just to put it together and cook.

With that being said I am not sure what is up but my back is not happy today. Don't know if I did something bringing the groceries in or slept funny but there have been a fair amount of breaks. As well my foot is acting up again, ugh but making it work.

Mom woke around 9 not feeling her best, yesterday was a lot for her so she went back to bed and just got up now. Good news is she feeling better just sore.

Now, I need to figure out dinner for tonight. I am thinking Meatloaf with Roasted Potatoes and Roasted Parmesan Butternut Squash but we shall see.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@gisel dta (((HUGS))) to you and your family losing a love one is never easy no matter how long it was. Hope you youngest child stay safe and get back hydro quickly than expected so as not to have food waste

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yay @coupon girl glad you're over the hump and on the road to recovery

Wow! Now that’s what I call organized @SassyAshley , I only wish I was that organized lol.

Not sure what’s wrong with my brain but I spaced out and forgot Dh and I are on vacation (his starts Sunday) and after the dentist on Monday morning we leave for out of town on Tuesday at 5am! How I forgot that is beyond me.

So I’m going to have to pre make meals for our road trip (oh yay ).

By noon today I’ve managed to finish 2 loads of laundry, clean the ENTIRE place. I mean vacuum, dusted, polished everything, went for a walk with my parents, (fridge was cleaned yesterday) so just need to figure out dinner for tonight, Dh and I will hit up Costco later today and fit in a workout.

Now to make a travel meal plan……… oh joy
    Last edited by harbie; Sat, Sep 24th, 2022 at 06:15 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thanks guys. its been a day.
    new grocery system is working well. i did need to put in a request to customer servicce for some points. fingers crossed.

i am trying to keep my eye out for a side gig. with the kids older.. i would like to potentailly figure out some sort of ... sid gig that i could channel money to retirement... just random thoughts roaming around my empty head...lol.

tomorrow is church for my mom. and housework
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening
    Sorry for posting less often I dont feel my best lately..with stress a lot of nausea
    And last saturday took a covid test because I had high fever but it was not that per chance
    Have a good night!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-so glad its not covid maybe school stress or less daylight

Today i had my almost 9 yr old granddaughter ashlyn call and cried to me "nana can i come to your house instead of gymnastics "sure if it is okay with mommy .Last week when we took her there was a girl that was a bit of a bully(why oh why).Anyway they are getting her out of gymnastics as she is tired of it to and putting her in swimming lessons which she loves .

I wore my mask in the house which i am til next wednesday if i am around anyone ,but still fatigued.So hubby took her out to a playground and for a wendys frosty.I feel asleep on the couch from 5.30 til 6.30 .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got all the prep done but none of the cooking. So I will cook tomorrow.

I have an Everything No-Knead Bread rising right now, it has to rise for 12 to 18 hours so I will bake it off in the morning.

I want to make a batch of Roasted Cauliflower Soup for the week.

Also thinking I will make the Shepherd's Pie Gravy/Vegetable mix so when we want it we just need to top with Mashed Potatoes. I may also make the Mashed Potatoes maybe.

The only cleaning I got done outside the kitchen was I wiped down the bathroom. I did not get the floor done as Mom went back to bed and bathroom shares a wall with her room so I did not want to run the vacuum.

I should have gotten some work done today, I am a little behind but it did not happen, maybe tomorrow if not Monday will be insanely busy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi All,

My BIL's sisters came up to their house for the weekend, haven't seen them since before Covid. Had a nice visit...in the hot tub all afternoon. Then we had a nice dinner. Was really nice. Should have planned to stay overnight but just wanted to come home to own bed.

Need to get some stuff done around the house tomorrow.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Slept in this morning. I woke up at 4 am originally and was tired but could not fall back asleep so I was going to get up. I grabbed my phone to look at the recipe for my bread and I guess that was all it took I feel back asleep until 7.

I made more Everything Seasoning because I used it all in the dough and needed more for the top. I did this well the oven came to temp. The bread is now in the oven and oh my the house is smelling amazing.

I need to empty the dishwasher so I put the dinner dishes in it. Since I wash everything by hand yesterday I did not empty the dishwasher so the dinner dishes are on the counter. Good news is there were not a lot of dinner dishes so once the dishwasher is emptied it should be quick to reload.

Next I will make some soup for the fridge and then decide where else today will take me.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning.
    i woke to a early morning message that my youngest in halifax now has electricity. very thankful. i know it will take a bit for halifax to dig out of this.

we have to leave in a bit to take my mom to church. i will start laundry before i go

on track for today...

church , cemetary

laundry...
    vacume dc rooms,and hallway.
    clean guest room
    prep dc crafts activites for week
    sort 2 bins of fall, halloween items.

rain all day. homemade burgers and salad for supper.
    work on food prep i didnt get to yesterday
    possibly... work on hubbies office....
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -just a lot of chest congestion is left and tired .So i am relaxing ,maybe doing one load ,trying not to overdo it.

I got an email from the bay for a code today only and they adjusted my p,j for an extra $5.00 off because it is in 7 days .So in reality i paid first 24.99-then 20% off today =19.99 -10.00 birthday code=9.99 for the softest lovely 2 piece set i have ever owned .

I may do more surveys as i have gotten a few egift cards lately and it helps with birthday gifts /xmas gifts.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not as productive as yesterday.

Everything Bread is done.

Dishwasher is emptied and reloaded

The few hand dishes are done

Roasted Cauliflower Soup is Simmer on the stove

Only half of the package of yeast I opened yesterday fit in the container in the freezer so the other half has been sucker sealed to go in the freezer

I broke down and sucker sealed the oats and rice I bought this week to go down to the basement

Now I need to decide on dinner for tonight, I am torn between Baked Pork Chops in Dijon Cream Sauce or One Pot Lemon Herb Chicken and Rice.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Day!

Already went out to grab some groceries.

FB $14.38 for a pineapple and Extra Lean beef (going to make the beef into meatballs) Some for dinner tonight and the rest for the freezer.
    SDM $3.29 for eggs. Received 5045 pts (5000 for personal offer on any purchase and 45 for the eggs) Now Card #2 is over $40 in pts
    No Frills $11.91 3 bars of cheese 1200 PC pts (personal offer)
    No Frills $13.11 PC lasagna, zuccini, sweet potatoe and a box of Janes chicken burgers (to go with the kaisers I bought at $tree. For DS this week)
    Walmart $13.41 10lb potatos, romaine lettuce, breyers icecream, 5 x mushroom gravy mix

I have tons of ground beef in the freezer but I just wanted to make meatballs this morning with fresh beef.

My meal plan so far:

Tonight- Sweet and Sour meatballs, rice, veggies and salad
    Monday- BLSL chicken on BBQ with grilled veggies (sweet potato, zucchini, onions, mushrooms) and salad
    Tuesday- Roast in the slow cooker with mashed potatoes/gravy and green beans

That's my plan so far.

Now off to make my meatballs and then clean the kitchen.

Enjoy the day!

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information