User Tag List

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Almost forgot that November is here! October has been the last hurrah of longer daylight days, outdoor yard work and chasing candy deals and costumes for Halloween, after we deal with grocery prices and our shopping lists! Clock change is coming on Nov 7 for most of us.

Time for a hot mug of tea!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Senior's Day at the Bay and Rexall Tuesday! Calendar page flip too! If you have poppy pins, see that they get on your coats.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Phew...time sure fly...
    I will have to come up with easy dinners and lunch options soon for the new school
    I have red spot on my 2 arms due to stress...It is painfull.I am trying hydro cortisone and if that dont work and dont see improvement I will go to ask to the pharmacy a solution.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @Ciel21 for starting the new thread.

@cath007 sorry you are so stress hope those spots go away .

Not too many little goblins out last night. Still have lots of treats left.

Will have to rake up the leaves in the front sometime today.

I am not chasing any of the candy or chocolate deals
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A new month begins!! ty for starting up November @Ciel21
    I have a 18 lb. Butterball turkey in the freezer already for Christmas which will be done up traditionally ( bread/herbed and sausage stuffed ).
    Then I saw this interesting recipe in Canadian Living https://www.canadianliving.com/food/...ears-chestnuts
    so now I want to find a small ( like just 5 kg sized ) bird to make this one up as an option!

Everyone can get a taste! I'll probably pay through the nose for a small turkey though, especially if I go with Butterball.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! The sun is shining!
    I may get out and try and rake a bit. I have a large garbage can that I use for leaves. I filled it the other day and it was picked up the same day so I am able to fill it again!

Today's plan. Work. Tidy the house as I go. Hit the gym this evening.
    Think I will make a mac and cheese this morning since I have all stuff needed on hand.
    Lunch- Greek salad
    Dinner- Will dig in freezer- Thinking chicken and veggies. (I forgot to take roast out for today so will take it out today for tomorrow.

Will get out for a walk after lunch today for a break. Need to enjoy the sunshine while I can!
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bagged up the leftover chocolate bars and put a note in it saying "Happy Tuesday".
    Will drop it in a neighbours door...he has a sweet tooth and will appreciate it lol

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ended up going into a branch yesterday as we had a bit of an oddity going on. On the way home, I made a couple of stops:

Went to the Chinese Market and it was disappointing, their prices have really skyrocketed, even more than the grocery stores. A head of Romaine was $5.99, a 2-pack is $3.99 at No Frills, and their 3-pack was $12.99. They still have a lot of clearance produce but the prices even on clearance were not that good. So we just got:
    1 x Napa $0.58/lb (On sale)
    2 x Dumpling Wrappers (Theirs are the best, they are freshly made ones)
    2 x Sesame Oil $2.50 WUB 2 (On Sale)
    1 x Pickled Ginger
    1 x Clearance Mini Potatoes $1

Then I was off to Penningtons to make a return, one of the tops I bought, they were extremely pushy about wanting to do an exchange, not a refund. She must have asked me at least 5 times if she could help me look for a new top, nope got one from somewhere else.

The last stop was Michael's, Mom had grabbed some embroidery that was the wrong colour so I returned that and grabbed some yarn, it was on sale.

My main focus right now is to recreate some of the patterns I cannot find. I have these scarves I made a few years, all the girls in my family got one, my Mom gave them to all her co-workers and I might have made them for my co-workers back when I only worked in one branch. But I tweaked the original pattern a lot so now I need to recreate it. So I got yarn to do this, the one I wanted was not in stock, so I grabbed a different one. I was going to order the one I wanted online but Michael's does not offer free shipping no matter the size of the order and to be honest, no free shipping, no order.

Maybe it is just me but I am willing to spend more with a store to get free shipping if something I need/want is one sale but if I have to pay shipping, I just won't order. That is why I will not order from Torrid, I love their clothes but they will not ship to Canada for free and they do not allow in-store pick-up in Canada.

I need to get serious about cleaning up the house, that is a big to-do on the to-do list. Still so much stuff on the main floor that needs to be moved back to the basement, including my yarn. Right now it is barricaded in totes in the Dining Room because we put it there for safe storage. I am really hoping this is one of those things that once we start tackling it before you know it, it is done. But I highly doubt it as there are a lot of decisions to be made on keep or go, no point in moving it to the basement if we won't use it.

Happy Tuesday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

free shipping is a deal breaker for me as well!

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy and walkonby -i will not order if i dont get free shipping or i am on the threshold of $35-50 spending to get free shipping.

Well helped son out last night by giving out -as he worked til 6.30 p.m and i was there babysitting after school anyway (it didnt help my cold even thou i had a hoodie on)

I asked hubby to give out he gave out the chips but decided not to give out all the gummy bags ,as he was not feeling well.He is seeing his doctor today regarding an ongoing problem .So i have about 20 packs of mini gummy fish ,berries and sour things .I will share them with the girls and sebastian .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mac and cheese made. Kitchen cleaned. Fridge still clean and organized.

Sun is still shining so I will eat lunch soon then get out for a walk. (will secretly drop off the chocolate bar bag )

Will get my winter tires in the back of my SUV tonight so they are ready for my tire swap appointment later this week.
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

No kids last night but I bought a small box of chocolate bars just incase. Rain and living on the only side of the street with houses obviously makes a difference.No worries as bought something I like.
    Raked up leaves as tomorrow pick up day but bad idea as wet!.Didn’t help that other leaves were mocking me as they fell.
    Best buy lately Neapolitan(3 different layers of Re)Oreos at Dollartree for $1.50 but really sicky sweet.
    Hope everyone is blessed with this beautiful weather. Enjoy the rest of your week my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sport Chek F&F sale card (Thursday start-code FF22NOV) and Chartwell Open House card plus parcel for Bro. My Bay order is en route today.
    Just not feeling the urge to rake. Will let the leaves dry another day as there's enough wind to keep shaking more leaves off of the branches. The yard waste bag truck (new)crew, two weeks into route, are still doing the zigzag driving in order to sweep the bags in one pass. That is an accident waiting to happen when the darkness sets in after the clock change.

I did not know that Sport Chek carries UGG products but there are two on clearance-baby Bixby boot and hat set plus a sandal style. Search Result Page | Sport Chek

Have a gift dilemma but I have two options to consider. I really want something I saw online. Need to go browsing at local stores before committing to purchase. I know the item I want is likely discontinued-US brand site shows product on clearance/sale but at Cdn retailer here (as well as at US retailer counterpart), same item is regular price just not available at most stores. One distant store east of Toronto has what I want. This is what's frustrating about online shopping-I find stuff that seems to have sold out of sizes I want or it's about to be gone for good. What a difficult shopper I am (I was like that in teen years when it came to clothing that rarely fit me in stores...hard Saturdays in malls).

Two calendar pages have been flipped. Decided to recycle the small MPP calendar from my room, saving the important contact pages only. Two chai lattes kind of

Don't know why family is not as keen on pot pies as me but I heated the Montana's braised beef pot pie for late breakfast. I had most of it, Bro took a slice but Mom would not partake.

I think I will haunt any candy deal shelves on my walk later today. I need that diversion. P.S. Last week of Monopoly game at McDonald's!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I booked my last english exam for monday pm. Given my name too for the graduates ceremonie december 1,invited dad and auntie to come too Have an appointment for school financement the morning at 9
    Dad operation to his 2 eyes is tomorrow at 6:45 am ..please pray for him,
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Nov 1st, 2022 at 05:31 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Order arrived while I was out. Stumped that a whole box was needed when a polybag would have done the task (glad wind did not blow box off of step).

Walmart-at least one first aid product has dropped 50 cents in price. Noticed a selection of Elastoplast bandages had $1.50 extra off stickers. YMMV but check your stores if this product is of interest. I did not see a clearance rack of Halloween candy but Seasonal Merch area has all manners of Xmas/holiday chocolates and candy boxes on the shelves. Did see a rack of 50% off costumes (kids).
    No luck getting one colour ink printer cartridge-out of stock. Was told to check in mornings as product direct ships at mfr's discretion. Staffer did check overstock racks in back just in case but no product. Will think to bring my usb stick next time and just print off the few photos I want.
    Spotted one lonely Boost Simply+ 4pk (choc) in the only spot I know that it is stocked-$9.97 price (it was $10.97 so why the change?). Actually product moved to mid-point of shelving and some protein powders have taken up the end of shelving where the Simply+ product used to reside. Did not check to see if Boost items (all varieties) got moved to the Nutritional Supplements area by the medical office. Could not find a certain line of bedding items for tots in-store-guess it really is online only.

Noticed cases of Cherry Coke 12s are in stock and some caffeine free Diet Coke as well as caf-free Coke Zero Sugar. Plus Dreamworld mini bottles-everything's $6.77 right now. The $2.97 Pepsi pop 6-pk area was a zoo of empty cases and some mishandled Dr. Pepper (some tossed onto floor at back of rack?).
    Palmolive Oxy bottles are $1.77 so got one. Took out the bottle in my Voila order (it's on sale for $2.99). Front cap by meat bunker-a variety of sparkling fruit flavoured Tradition brand drinks-could not resist the raspberry lemonade one! $3.97.

Winners-baby stuff has been moved again. Did not see much in clearance but it's obvious that the one thing I saw in the summer has not come around again lately. I did notice the Christmas wrap displays-saw a small stand with glitz box of tags/twine or curling ribbons for $4.99-got the coppery set. There's a red and white ribbon (two types with coloured red, white or natural twines and luggage style or star tags) set and a couple of other options (black). Saw three Martha Stewart gift boxes-set of 5 (gray-silver solid-got one; light yellow and grey check plaid, and a Christmas themed set). Also $4.99. It's super hard to find general or neutral gift boxes and there are only about two of any print/solid, so find yours now. There was a nearby rack of holiday tissues but they all have some glitter element-dots, or flecks, or red white and green. I did not see a 10pk of plain colours but Dollar Tree store is next door (I should have obtained some tissue paper as we seldom have plain kinds on hand, that is why I go for gift bags that come with tissue sheets). A small table had a variety of decorated cardboard gift boxes of all kinds of sizes for anyone not keen on tape/paper or ribbon-boxes are ready for presents!

Bay in-store shoppers-when did the stores stop allowing customers to use Visa cards for purchases? Mom was pitched a store Mastercard application but she declined. She wanted to buy a dress but staff won't take Visa (funny, considering Visa is an online option for tender with orders!). Lost sale on Senior's Day.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information