User Tag List

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just took a look at tomorrow's Sobeys (ON) flyer-it's in the Flyers option in the GREEN menu bar. SCENE+ begins tomorrow at ONtario locations of Sobeys banner stores.

$6.49 Swiss Chalet or Montana's pies (if Montana's braised beef pot pie is on sale, nab one-so good and salty!)

20% off Compliments holiday napkins. I know my Sobeys Extra store carries some of the Compliments napkins-just an ongoing case of finding them
    (either with name brand napkins a few aisles in or sometimes behind Pharmacy if there's a seasonal display or in kitchen gadgets between Seafood and Bakery dept).
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Received the details in email for the new school.I have my original birth certificate to bring at the latest monday,otherwhise it is official!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early and working on my work to-do list as today might become a busy day and I want to get a few more things done before the day starts (branches open).

There have been some discussions and talk at work about doing away with our 2-week shutdown and instead, everyone can just book time off throughout the year. Found out late last night as it was put the people have spoken and shutdown will remain. We always knew we were still having shutdown this year as it is too late in the year to change but it was announced last night that shutdown has been moved a week to match the school holiday. This means now we work right to the 23rd, this is going to be an adventure to get everything ready as Christmas at Dad's is on the 24th. I need to start planning.

I have to admit I voted to keep shutdown, although some of us have some work we do through shutdown and there is a handful of us who work the odd days to keep on top of everything it is so nice to have 2-weeks where we are all off. No worries about falling behind or coming back to 1000s of emails.

Dad thinks my car might be coming back today, so I need to return the rental and then I will have to pick my car up. Even if it is not coming back today, I will return the rental and can use Mom's car for the next few days until mine is back.

I need to look at this week's flyers and see if there are any deals we want to stock up on this week.

Happy Thursday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Grr auntie called earlier this morning,uncle and her have covid..they where not aware yesterday,hoping my father did not catch it...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Received the details in email for the new school.I have my original birth certificate to bring at the latest monday,otherwhise it is official!!!
    Yay! Just don't let staff keep the original. I once saw a grant application with an original QC birth certificate (not photocopy) attached. I was surprised but made certain the person in charge sent the certificate back. THose things cost money to get!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Grr auntie called earlier this morning,uncle and her have covid..they where not aware yesterday,hoping my father did not catch it...
    I hope aunt did not get it at the hospital! That would be so hard after she was key to assisting your father at the hospital. Wipe down everything you can with sanitizer and make sure father's hands are cleaned too.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning-it's still a foggy mess (not quite ground level but high enough to obscure drivers' vision despite some drivers leadfooting it around the sharp corner today...).

Paper bundle arrived sometime this morning and I collected it before 7am. Got the Walmart flyer and the Holiday Gifts/Decor booklet (prices expire Nov 30). Spotted the Sobeys flyer with Scene+ offers too. Tootsies flyer-the price of licenced brand slippers--ouch!
    Random find in the SHoppers flyer-50% off the rebranded Teen Paks (Everyday Essentials Kit/Deluxe Discovery Kit)! Must look for them as I only remember one listing for these kits in August in SDM flyer. Never saw the kits at Fortinos this Back To School season.

FRI NOV 4- Cdn Tire 30x CT Money on almost everything in-store/online when you use your Triangle credit card.
    @annedougherty posted a Walmart gift card offer on the SC blog and I posted this week's gift card offers. I haven't checked Giant Tiger's digital flyer yet.
    If there are other gift card offers, please post the deals in the Gift Card thread (DEALS subforum). Many thanks!
    Last edited by Ciel21; Thu, Nov 3rd, 2022 at 09:16 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , oh no, hoping your Dad does not get sick and your aunt and uncle only have mid symptoms.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! The sun is shining so that is a good start to the day.

I am in the office today so I brought cream of wheat and blueberries for breakfast and leftovers (chicken, rice and brussel sprouts) for lunch.
    Plan to power through all my stuff and tackle a new project this afternoon.

Last night I ended up taking DS to RCSS to pick up 2 bags of dog food. Redeemed $50 in PC pts and paid $4 cash.
    Happy to have that on hand now and not having to worry about running out Still have $627 in PC pts on that card so really I just used the points I have received the past 2 weeks on promos.

Lettuce- Its expensive and looks like crap!!! Hopefully I can pick up the live Boston lettuce at Walmart for $1.69 on Monday for DS's lunch sandwiches next week. (he doesn't have school on Monday so I will wait till then to get it) Such crazy prices on groceries that it makes me really make sure to stock up on sales/deals when I see them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Good morning-it's still a foggy mess (not quite ground level but high enough to obscure drivers' vision despite some drivers leadfooting it around the sharp corner today...).

Paper bundle arrived sometime this morning and I collected it before 7am. Got the Walmart flyer and the Holiday Gifts/Decor booklet (prices expire Nov 30). Spotted the Sobeys flyer with Scene+ offers too. Tootsies flyer-the price of licenced brand slippers--ouch!
    Random find in the SHoppers flyer-50% off the rebranded Teen Paks (Everyday Essentials Kit/Deluxe Discovery Kit)! Must look for them as I only remember one listing for these kits in August in SDM flyer. Never saw the kits at Fortinos this Back To School season.

FRI NOV 4- Cdn Tire 30x CT Money on almost everything in-store/online when you use your Triangle credit card.
    @annedougherty posted a Walmart gift card offer on the SC blog and I posted this week's gift card offers. I haven't checked Giant Tiger's digital flyer yet.
    If there are other gift card offers, please post the deals in the Gift Card thread (DEALS subforum). Many thanks!
    Thanks for the info! Will take a stroll around CT Friday after work for sure. ooohh and will have to take a look at those teen packs. I find the one for the guys is usually really good.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Checked the flyers well I was waiting for my uploads to upload.

I see a few things I want to pick up but not a lot which is good as I do need to make a Costco run soon.

The only downside is, it is another week of going to multiple stores, to make the deal a good deal I need to combine it with points offers so no price matching for me.

I really need someone to put eggs on sale, even SDM and Rexall are not putting them on sale. I should have enough for this week but next week I am probably going to need more.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Checked the flyers well I was waiting for my uploads to upload.

I see a few things I want to pick up but not a lot which is good as I do need to make a Costco run soon.

The only downside is, it is another week of going to multiple stores, to make the deal a good deal I need to combine it with points offers so no price matching for me.

I really need someone to put eggs on sale, even SDM and Rexall are not putting them on sale. I should have enough for this week but next week I am probably going to need more.
    Yes! Need an egg sale! I bought an 18pk at Food Basics the other day for $5 something. Tried to buy another but there was none left.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Giant Tiger is doing a GT Dollars promo for every $50 spent on certain merchandise categories. Seems that redeeming those GT DOllars will be better in store as you can use up to 4 of the GT DOllars in transaction, but online, you are limited to one GT Dollar $10 amount per transaction.

GT Dollars - Giant Tiger

I did not spot a gift card offer in the flyer. But there's this novelty chocolate product! Monopoly Milk Chocolate Edition Milk Chocolate Game Pieces, 24-Pieces, 108-g - Giant Tiger
    Last edited by Ciel21; Thu, Nov 3rd, 2022 at 09:50 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ,called my doctor going to see him this afternoon,was up at 3.00 a.m hard to swallow ,painfull too.Groceries can be put off till next week.

Cath-hope your aunt and uncle feel okay and that your dad avoids covid since he just had surgery.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ugh, I returned my rental yesterday (no, my car is not back, Dad said it should be back today). They could not find the new reservation after THEY closed my reservation even though I did not return the car. So they tried to charge me for the additional 9 days I had the car.

Um, No, this is your problem, you have messed up this rental.

Then they started to suggest, I could pay and submit the receipt to insurance, nope, I have their approval they extended it rental.

Then they tried to tell me, I had to contact my insurance and have them fix it, nope, this is your error.

Needless to say, they said they would call me back before they closed yesterday, nope.

After all of this, after they realized all the issues I had, they ask if I ever rent a car personally and maybe they could offer me a 10% discount to make up for it. Um no.

So another email to insurance this morning.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information