User Tag List

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well i just did a cyber monday shop for me i got a half off clinque set just for me with 12% raketan back also . I spend so much year round on the grandkids and i just bought hubby 3 t-shirts last week ,why not treat myself -feels so good.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just made a homemade mac and cheese and the kitchen is clean!
    Will text oldest DS and let him know to drop by and grab some.
    I have BLSL chicken breast in the fridge to cook up later. Maybe a chicken stir fry. Have coleslaw to use up as well so that may be the perfect idea.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The day needed that oatmeal porridge and it worked! Still need a cup of tea. Have my bed sheets laundered and dried. Need to finish cleaning my room and then go on the errands walk. Forecast looks wet on Wednesday. See a couple of 10C days coming up then mostly 1-2C highs.

Could Santa's elves give the living room some Marie Kondo love and soft storage bins, an armchair in jewel tone fabric, and cable ties or cord wranglers? Just some ongoing issues with Bro's gear not having a landing spot to be when not in use and gear does not go back to source room. Seeing trip hazards daily and it's unsettling to me.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just went for a 30 min walk. I needed fresh air.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I managed to get some shopping started. I also used 125.00 in Triangle point and earned a whole lot more while using them, I do like that redeeming does not impact accumulating them. We went back to Netflix after 8 months away so that was a savings over over $150.00 we will leave again in March. We do not watch enough TV to make sense to pay year round.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I also used 125.00 in Triangle point and earned a whole lot more while using them, I do like that redeeming does not impact accumulating them.
    Bought a few hundred dollars in running shoes and gave the points to the next guy in line for Xmaxs, since I don't collect them. It's only a couple of bucks, but every dollar helps.
    Giseledta, Purdee, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Did a big shop at Costco. $310 but a portable will be a tax deduction so that’s ok. We are well stocked with our major staples.

Claimed $2.00 on CO51 and will be washing the sheets soon. Dh and I did a 4.5km walk in the sunshine but FREEZING temps. Windy but I’ll take it over the rain any day. Going to try an easy ride this afternoon since I’m not able to run because of some health issues so I’ll see if I have the energy.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Bought a few hundred dollars in running shoes and gave the points to the next guy in line for Xmaxs, since I don't collect them. It's only a couple of bucks, but every dollar helps.
    especially if they had offers loaded that lined up with your transaction. I spent $100.00 at Sport Check yesterday and earned $20.00 in points. I think many people do realize how amazing the Triangle offers can be. I have already redeemed almost $600.00 this year.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just went to RCSS to walk around (haven't been there in awhile)
    The club pack of 16 Lean burger patties was on clearance for $9.94 (Expire April 2023) So grabbed one and fresh buns.
    My kids don't eat out really so this is their "take out". So much cheaper then a crappy burger at the chains too!
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I missed grabbing the yarn I need for my work presents during Black Friday so I ordered it through Cyber Monday. Funny thing is, it worked out to the same price, Black Friday was buy 2 get 1 free and today was 30% off. When you work it out for the yarn I needed it worked out to be the exact same price per ball.

My order was ready in under an hour, I got a message at 12:14 that my order was received and got another message at 12:50 that my order was ready for pick-up.

Mom had to go to the doctor and wanted to go to Dollarama for a few Christmas items so we decided to go grab my Michaels order. It was a little out of the way but since we were out anyways.

Mom got a Christmas Garland that looks like greenery to photograph some ornaments she made and will be teaching a class on how to make them at her friend's store. Plus we grabbed some wax paper and I grabbed a couple more notebooks for my to-do lists. They have what they call composer books and I like them because they do not have those spiral bindings and are a good size for a to-do list.

This meant I needed plan C for dinner because we got home later than expected. So dinner tonight is Pierogi Bake with a Greek Salad made using Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes, Yellow Pepper & Feta.

I read an article yesterday that said the lettuce shortage should correct itself within the next month or so. Oh, I hope it does as I miss Salad but I just cannot bring myself to pay $5.49 for a 2-pack of Romaine Hearts.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-you are so correct canadian tire triangle points are so good in lock down i ordered pick up from them and i had a lot of offers spent 30.00 save 10.00 in points (mind you its not that great as that offer now in nov/22) so i stock piled my canadian tire triangle points and got a free 125.00 ceiling fan for our kitchen last yr.

sassy - i buy for just myself bagged romaine with other greens /carrots 3.99 i paid the other day as hubby doesnt care for salad.Maybe look for the bags in the produce section (cheaper).

So excited sebastian just talked to us ,my daughter and sebastian are coming for a visit on sat overnight .We havent seen her in a month ,her covid is over but she feels congested still day 10,i told her watch it doesnt turn into bronchial or amnonia

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening
    I am so but so tired ,way behind schedule .....and its only the beginning of the week...
    End of the week this week will be my diploma ceremony
    Lost the combinaison of my locker,so that will cost me another lock
    I purchased 2 pairs of jeans at reitmans 40% Off.....need it
    Got a code or in store for 30$ off 75$ in the month of january..but so many exclusions..will see...
    So a bad day so I splurged on sushis to help me forget that..lol
    Have a good night
    Off to shower and to make lunch for tomorrow.
    We will shave Stella again...but found with reference of my godmother a half the price we would paid place at least and experianced woman too with difficult cat..so friday will be the day
    yay dad only have 4 remaining time of the drop and he will be done with that..not complaining
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Nov 28th, 2022 at 09:06 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Left the errand walk for suppertime-not too cold and no crowds. Except that on way home, some idiot in nearby survey did not wait for me to finish crossing a crosswalk first-it looked like s/he was aiming for me (not even in their lane) and then went BEHIND me! I let out something in a loud voice. Guess my yellow coat was not bright enough (and I had looked over my shoulder to see vehicle approaching at fast speed in left lane but figured that I was visible under the streetlight too-nope!

Fed my ATM with some money, went to Shoppers (really quiet, perhaps 3 actual customers). No clearance section-it's greeting cards and wrap right now. Glanced at pop prices and got two cardboard trays, saw lots of the first aid tape at the higher price so know to pop over should Fortinos run out of stock, got my hand cream ($6.69 sale price is what used to be $5.99 sale...), toothpaste and a 2pk of toothbrushes plus a Simons gift card (I had finished my wishlist last night and I loved some kitchen towels and socks) and a calling card.

Decided not to go to Fortinos but visited Food Basics-it has the Kraft Parmesan 250g for $7.99 ($8.99 at Shoppers for same size) but there was no coupon pad on the top shelf. Purchased the extra large oranges (hope they don't disappoint), rye bread, 2pkg of cold cuts, my fave oatmeal chip cookies and one bag of Primo pasta as it was not on sale but I detest the large shell pasta in the pantry.

Went to look around the websites: Chapters (hmm all the sale Indigobaby stuff seems to be back at regular price today (yesterday there was some discounting)), Penningtons (not so many sleepshirts but what I was interested in is not available in Hamilton-but there was free shipping on all orders), Nordstrom (ooh some lovely baby stuff-spotted a set that originally was sold as separates at another retailer-discounted today so I moved on it!), The Bay (there's something in baby I really want to get before it disappears but maybe I'll pop by my local Bay after I return some empties at the Beer Store and see if I can find it on the racks), and local baby shop (ordered a book and greeting card-store has a sweet selection of cards for gifts)). Since I made sure to make my Simons order go just over $50, I got free shipping as a member of The Simons. My wishlist has so many pricey shirts and tops plus lots of hosiery choices for Mom (not as many colours as in prior years) that are still regular price except one style) left plus two more kitchen towels and a few odds and ends.

Mail today was like Santa leaving a teaser of Xmas! Free copy of Nov/Dec Hamilton City magazine (sweet! Never saw the first issue in Sept), Sephora card mentioning upcoming event on Dec2 to ..? where one can save 20% on gift sets using a code, new issue of community magazine, new CT flyer (Thur-to-Thur) and Moneysaver Nov (another $2 Boost Simply+ coupon inside). Upon reading Hamilton City magazine, I learn that Dofasco will have its Christmas party as usual (I've only been asking online for the past 5 weeks but no ticket info has come by mail YET). Don't I wish I had some Twinings Chai Latte cups on hand or a hot chocolate! Day's has ended mostly well except for the driver wanting me to know my mortality today.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Lots of laundry to do . Was happy that I did not do any shopping for cyber Monday.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Ciel21 it’s frightening how distracted/bad drivers are especially now since it’s darker earlier. Dh and I went to shoppers and we’re waiting in a marked crosswalk, little walking man was lit up and beeping and on two separate occasions cars came inches from us even with all that and Dh wearing a high vis vest! Crazy. Glad you didn’t get hit.

Walked to shoppers last night with Dh after dinner (luckily didn’t get hit). It was COLD. Apparently snow is coming to the Wetcoast and you could smell it. It’s a short walk but I was frozen solid even with dressing like the abominable snowman. Keep in mind us here on the west coast don’t have real winter gear (unless you ski/snowboard ,etc). I had to wear my “winter” workout leggings. Got my night guard and went home to a hot cup of tea and a cozy bed.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information