User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

If you go to

www.truveo.com or www.youtube.com

and type in Coupon queen into the search field there are tons of videos of coupon queens.

They are mostly segments from the 6 o'clock news, interviews of coupon queens at the grocery stores, strutting their stuff! They share their tips on how they get the best deals.

EDIT: There are many links to the videos throughout this thread!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by thecountess; Sun, Nov 1st, 2009 at 01:56 AM.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp5QCv9_pNA

OMG! I love how she's so organized. I want one of those organizers.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

My coupon binder looks similar except I don't have a pouch in front with a bunch of coupons in it.

I went to Dollarama and bought a bunch of baseball card holders, pack of 10 and I bought about 5 packages.

I go through the flyers first at home, and match up coupons I have with sale items. I pull out the ones I plan to use and put them in my wallet. Or if I am going to several stores, I put them into envelopes with my list for that store. One for Shoppers, one for Metro, etc.

I still bring my coupon binder with me when I go shopping anyways because often times I come across unadvertised sales in the store, a bin of this or that, or items on the clearance rack that I have coupons for.

Without fail, every time I have left it at home because I didn't feel like schlepping it with me that day, I have come across crazy good deals on stuff that would have been free or dirt cheap if I had my coupons with me. You go back with your binder to get it and of course it's gone.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Hmm... I've never thought of that. I jsut have a load piled in envis. But it's been getitng harder the more coupons I get LOL. I use to jsut bring coupons I would use (like products I normally get). But I come across products that are FREE and grab them and give them away or make baskets.

I'll have to try that. Sounds easier.

Thanks! for the links. I'm still looking at it. Amasing but loads are for states ahven't come across any coupons queens from Canadian to give tips.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    269 (100%)

This shows you how much better the savings are in the states. they have better sites and better coupons.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

You're not kidding!

They actually have a lot of advantages over us in the States.

Most stores accept printable coupons
    There are many many printable coupon sites
    Many stores double and even triple coupons
    The Smart Source is in the newspaper every weekend

and on and on. Having said that, apparently less than 6% of coupons that are printed in Canada each year are actually redeemed. I shudder to think of all the coupons, including Free Product Coupons that ended up in the garbage because people just could not be bothered to redeem it.

I will take any FPC I can get my hands on! Even if it is not something I use, because I have a bag that I put all that kind of stuff in to take to the food bank (where they are always thrilled to get it).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I agree. Coupon saving in the US is a lot easier than here in Canada. Either way, we can still save money doing it.
    I have done two trips to LD in the last month. I purchased $550 worth of items (that is their sale prices) and only paid $130. I helped my mom out, and am donating a lot to a local women's shelter. I think I will miss having an LD in my community. I will be moving when I finish my university degree, closest LD will be 2+hrs away.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Wow Angela273 awesome savings!

It just goes to show you it really is worth it to use coupons and have a strategy when you shop.

One of the biggest ways I save is to buy things before you need them. If you buy something because you need it, you will end up paying full price. But if you buy things you know you will need, stockpiling ahead of time by combining sales and coupons, you can save BIG.

These videos really inspired me to stockpile and coupon:

Part One
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd6MR71dhF0

Part Two
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK8zR...eature=channel
    Last edited by thecountess; Thu, Apr 23rd, 2009 at 09:28 PM. Reason: because I really need to learn how to spell

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

And here is another inspiring one.... especially when you see all the stuff on her shelves in the basement!

http://www.truveo.com/Coupon-queen-s.../id/1853826129

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I think we have lots of ladies (and probably guys) on this site that can rival those couponers and given the stockpiles some have some pretty impressive piles as well.

I am still shaking my head at 600 toothbrushes. I know that alot of stores have limits and it would be very difficult to get that many over the course of a sale.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WOW!!! Impressive...and you know what, I can now say I can do that too!!!! Since finding SC about a month ago now I have learned some of the tricks of the trade, shall we say, and I too have realized some pretty amazing savings! and it really isn`t all that hard.

I kind of liked the idea of a photo album for my coupons but with my ever expanding collection I am liking the idea of a binder to keep everything organized; now I understand how you place your coupons in those baseball card sleeves.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I am finding the same thing.... it's really not hard to save money with couponing at all and it doesn't take that much time either. The time it does take really pays off.... literally!

I am noticing that I get out of it what I put in.... the more time I spend signing up for coupons and offers, or taking the time to go down grocery store aisles looking for tear pads, coupons are EVERYWHERE and you get deluged with them.

I didn't buy that many packages of baseball card holders, just 5, with 10 in each package, because as fast as I fill up the pages, I am using up coupons I have which makes room for the new ones coming in.

The super-couponer from this link made a comment that if she won the lottery tomorrow she would still do this because it just makes sense. And she does save A LOT.

http://www.truveo.com/Mom-Clips-Coup.../id/3541715085
    Last edited by thecountess; Fri, Apr 24th, 2009 at 03:42 AM.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I think it's really interesting to learn how other people do things and how they plan and organize. I always learn something new or hear something in a way I hadn't previously thought of.
    Here is another link at a different site. Scroll down until you see
    member mcatwood shows us all about the art of the stockpile.

http://www..com/index.php?cat=23

Very cool to get all that stuff for under $50.00 out of pocket!
    Last edited by thecountess; Fri, Apr 24th, 2009 at 01:51 PM.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I could watch these videos for hours!! Thanks!!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

You're very welcome Tuktu60!

Ask and ye shall receive..... here are some more to keep you busy!
    http://www.jillcataldo.com

Click on Television up at the top. Jill Cataldo is another super couponer who gets great deals.

I find seeing these videos really inspiring, the fact that there is actually something we can do about the rising prices of groceries.

It's also validating to see other people using many coupons as they can to maximize their spending dollar, that I'm not the only one doing this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information