User Tag List

Page 1426 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 426 926 1326 1376 1416 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1436 1476 1526 1926 2426 ... LastLast
Results 21,376 to 21,390 of 38275
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Vegetable spring rolls and pork fried rice
    Natalka, ROMEO, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Costco had whole boneless pork loins $5 off, so I bought one and tonight made a pork roast in the oven with gravy and mashed potatoes.

Cut some of it and seasoned for a crockpot recipe I have (or now, Instant Pot pressure cooker), so I can cook it right from frozen. Still have some to do something with, might just cut into pork chops for the freezer.
    Natalka, Ciel, habs rule and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just called in the order for Chinese food - finally, my choice - I've caved in to other options over the last month, but now I have a great craving, lol! Had no lunch, so I can't wait!
    Zonny, Ciel, habs rule and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Just called in the order for Chinese food - finally, my choice - I've caved in to other options over the last month, but now I have a great craving, lol! Had no lunch, so I can't wait!
    what did U order? would love to know!!
    Natalka, Zonny, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    what did U order? would love to know!!
    I was going to ask that too!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We don't do anything fancy/adventurous when we order in.

It's always hard to decide for Chinese food, because different places have varied dishes we love, then there is also the question of price vs. quantity.
    Today, it was only the two of us - I order what I know I will eat as leftovers for the next few days for lunches, and will also give some for our son to take home tomorrow.

For today - got it from this place where they make the BEST bbq pork chop suey - I could just live on it. Tons of all types of veggies, amazing amazing sauce, and lots of the pork - which is so tender and very flavourful.
    That one dish is the best draw to the restaurant!

Also got beef chow mein - they do the fat noodles - mostly for husband, since he isn't a veggie eater. They are very good noodles, not overcooked as some places have them. They do have some veggies with - sprouts, slivered carrots, onions.

Deep fried shrimp - ah, the biggest craving and highest in calories, lol! Theirs are plump, not overcooked, just enough breading to be tasty.

Wonton soup - their wontons are fab, broth is very flavourful - and to the regular kind, they add pork, bok choy, onions.

I just get a small order of steamed rice to go with the meal, since I'm the only one who eats it.

On to a 'meat' dish. At this restaurant, the only one we both kinda like is the sweet and sour lean pork so I ordered that today.
    Sometimes that's what keeps us from ordering from here - husband would like dry ribs, garlic ribs, df chicken wings - something like that, but none of those are really good from that restaurant - or are good but way overpriced, like the wings which are eight for over $10!

--- so, needless to say, I'm full right now!
    Zonny, Ciel, habs rule and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

mmmmm...great choices on the Chinese. You described them wonderfully. The Pork chop suey sounds very tasty and I love a good wonton soup.

I had KD & wienres and stirred in some cheez whiz to make it "gourmet" LMAO! hee hee hee. I was the only one eating so I enjoyed it the way I like it. Then I had some chocolate from my huge chocolate score at SDM earlier today. It was pretty much an ultimate cheat day as will be tomorrow since my mom is leaving town for unknown length of time so I am taking her to a Sunday brunch buffet. Back to reality on Monday and hopefully will make it to the gym too.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Last night I just had roasted veggies (I had pasta with meat sauce for lunch) so dinner was roasted potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms and peppers.

Tonight is a mystery so far, I am on my own and plan to do some cooking for the week so we will see what comes. @dededi mentioned potato salad and now I have a craving so might whip some up.
    Ciel, walkonby, habs rule and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Off to my parents for barbeque--hamburgers, chicken wings, fresh corn, sweet potato fries, pasta, garden salad, lemonade and chocolate chip ice cream sandwich for dessert.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Ciel and 5 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

been teaching my DS#2 some cooking skills. He does the usual ( eggs, bacon, burgers ) and can whip up a whack of mashed potatoes in a jiffy, his Dad and him are eating better at work now. lol
    he has expanded his arsenal of recipes ( made from scratch ) which now include lasagna, Shepherd's pie, and today he did some fried, then baked chicken drumsticks with BBQ sauce. Until now I have not been comfortable with anyone using our black cast iron dutch oven full of oil for frying but ME, however I stood behind while he did it all. I steamed asparagus and then grated the cabbage and carrots for a huge bag of coleslaw for them. They should be set for Monday.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Zonny and 6 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight I am making fish on the bbq ( spice up and with fresh lemons wrapped in tinfoil with grilled peppers and onion and rice. Healthy dinner! Make up for the naughty lunch I had out yesterday my girlfriends
    Natalka, Ciel, walkonby and 5 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Change in plans for dinner I pulled 2 pork chops from the freezer which I browned with some onions. In a casserole dish I did a layer of leftover rice from the fridge, then a layer of frozen green beans from the freezer topped with pork and onions. I then made a mushroom sauce using a can of cream of mushroom soup which I poured over top. It is now in the oven to bake for half an hour or so.
    Natalka, Ciel, walkonby and 5 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  6074586.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  65.6 KB Prime rib with potatoes around the roast, asparagus and my fave Yorkshire pudding.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Fish, mashed taties, cauliflower and some sliced tomatoes and avocado for colour!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, Jun 7th, 2015 at 05:37 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My last meal before I start a juice fast/raw food reboot for at least 2 weeks. So I must have my favorite TACOS!!
    I have white corn tortillas and refried beans from my last trip to the states and going to pickle some onions right now à la @harbie .

Then I am headed out for a swim and will pick up whatever else I need on the way home.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Thread Information