User Tag List

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree937Likes

Thread: How crafty are you??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i used to do ALOT of cross stitching but with 3 lil kids its hard relaxing , probably will get back to it when i have more time, but i totally miss doing it.

i'm crafty with decorating!! i make ALL kinds of wall decorations for my kids room, i try to change the theme of their room every season, spring, summer, fall, winter. Its not always about weather, like this year i have my 5 yr old is going to kindegarten so i have a school theme ready, with a fun twist very colorful. i've done the sailor theme, princess theme, bear theme, car theme (that was a short phase my baby girl was going through,, UNTIL SHE FOUND PRINCESSES EXSISTED)... i dont like doing character themes liek dora and disney, i think its too main stream , i like to add my own characters, i use anything and everything! from paint to sticky foam to glitter.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I love doing crafts. My big fave is crochet, which I've been doing since I was a hippie chick in the seventies. I've done everything from hats to doilies. There are tons of free crochet patterns on the web, so I'm lucky there. Also hooking a pink and green rug in a rose shape, I'll pick it up again when the cold weather comes. I do some pysanky when Easter comes around, but I'm not very good at it. Have tried knitting, but it's not really for me. I'd love to share some pics, but I'm somewhat computer illiterate!
    French Lady

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I was reading the posts again on here and the chair cushions well they are not going to work I really messed them up : (

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I want to learn to make something but I need something that's pretty much idiot-proof. I am artsy in some ways, but I just can't seem to make any nice crafts

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thecountess View Post
    I want to learn to make something but I need something that's pretty much idiot-proof. I am artsy in some ways, but I just can't seem to make any nice crafts
    Thats what my DD used to say and she now makes some of the nicest jewellry . You will find something and it will all click and I'm sure it will be fab.

Thankful to new friends! DonnaLeeHut's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love crafts.....ornaments, recycled crafting, painting ,love sewing, making wire jewellery(necklaces,rings) but what i really want to try is making soaps and candles....That will be my next craft. I will try to post pictures once i figure out how.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I love to craft...but have been procrastinating lately. Our old house was just to tiny to get anything going. But the new house has a designated craft room...I just need to empty it of boxes and get organised.

I enjoy scrapbooking and cardmaking, but haven't done much since oldest DS was a wee one. Also painting, jewellery (mostly hemp/hippy stuff...some beaded). I can do basic crochet...baby afghans and toques, wee booties, I made a queen-size afghan for my BFF. My Auntie-in-law is promising (threatening?) to teach me to knit this winter (she cleaned out her craft room and brought me 8 copy paper boxes full of yarn).
    And my latest endeaver...sock monkeys! They're kind of creepy looking when they get together in a gang...at least that's what DH says...lol. I'll have to take a pic. The monkeys were going to be for everyone for Christmas last year, but my sewing machine had an aneurysm and I haven't gotten it fixed yet. Yeah...that's about it for now...but I am notorious for getting bored and starting a new project before the last one is finished.$

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

LOL, I think I have a least a dozen projects started or planned. I have to make bath bombs for a neighbor so I will have to go through more stuff and that always means making something else at the same time. Maybe I will do lip balms or lotion sticks hmmmmmmm : )

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK has anyone used polymer clay before? I just started using it and I think it is great! Any advice or helpful hints would be great!!!!!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaLeeHut View Post
    OK has anyone used polymer clay before? I just started using it and I think it is great! Any advice or helpful hints would be great!!!!!
    I have met a local artisan who uses polymer clay and actually purchased a beautiful pendant for my eldest DD. She sells her creations on etsy I'm sure if you pm'd her she would give you some helpful tips she is very nice. I will try to find her site and pm you.
    I learned how to make soap the basics from my mom and I remember her and grandma doing it but things are advancing so much (supplies) I read alot of recipes on internet and then make a few changes and try a batch. I have had wonderful success and its a hobby that I really enjoy, but have to have someone help me now because the stirring is too hard for me right now and pouring into molds its too heavy. I have so many essential oils and need to get a few batches done its craft season time soon and need to have it ready. I have compensated by making healing oils into solid sticks because I do not like the feel of oil on my hands, this fills abit of my time when I'm not on SC.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks tidytaurus! I would love you to pm me with her site info. I have made a few pendants but very unsure of what is selling or in style this year?Craft shows start in Nov. I have my wire jewelry made already ( most for the year before)
    I think soap making would be a wonderful craft to get into. I would love to learn how to. I hope your hands will get you through the busy craft season!!!It must be hard when your hands are in so much pain!Good luck and I hope to hear from you soon.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thecountess View Post
    I learned how to make those CD clocks. You have to limit yourself with what you are good at. I am somewhat good at image editing and I can take apart clock mechanisms and then put the CD on it. No one taught me how, the idea just came to me when I was looking in the dollar store and spotted the clocks with pictures on them. I could not draw to save my life.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mostly I've dabbled a bit in Plastic Canvas needlepointing. My neighbour and I have made Easter Baskets,Wedding favors (mine see attached pic),Barbie beds and play furniture/carpet for the kids when they were a bit younger.

Oh and picture frames with the little booties attached *looks for pic*

and

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Those are both beautiful, Stormie - I've never seen something like the frame/booties before!!! I haven't done plastic canvas for ages, but sure loved working with it!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It was a nice way of keeping my hands occupied and with winter coming and thoughts of trying to quit smoking I might just take it back up for awhile.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information