User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Attacking another member or being aggressive on SmartCanucks is NOT Tolerated.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thank you for posting this Boo. As a long time lurker, who finally decided to join last week - I appreciate your message

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So far absolutely fabulous here.

About a month ago I started posting on an AirMiles thread on another site. Couldn't believe the response I got from the person who started the thread. Treats it like it's his own personal fiefdom and I received a nasty e-mail from him for daring to post good consumer info.

I received several emails after that from readers pointing out that such behaviour is common on most of the threads at that site. Too bad!

I'm absoltely floored by the envelopes I receive from others here filled with relevant coupons as we track the best AirMiles deals.

People helping each other and paying it forward.

This is a great site!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Attacking a new member will result in an immediate ban. Even telling them their thread is a repost is NOT allowed.
    Great idea, Boo! Just one quick question, what we gonna do with reposts? Just an example, right now there are already three one and the same threads : " FPC for Glade Sense and Spray" . Maybe mods would merge all those threads in one, like at Price NetWork or ReadFlagDeals? And everyone would just report it to mods, thus not telling anyone that his or her thread is repost?

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NikyK View Post
    Great idea, Boo! Just one quick question, what we gonna do with reposts? Just an example, right now there are already three one and the same threads : " FPC for Glade Sense and Spray" . Maybe mods would merge all those threads in one, like at Price NetWork or ReadFlagDeals? And everyone would just report it to mods, thus not telling anyone that his or her thread is repost?
    I stopped reporting reposts altogether, mods can deal with it, or not, it's up to them. It happens a lot of this board, along with all the expired threads that clutter up the board. Oh well.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NikyK View Post
    Hmmm i would have nothing against the "repost" comments, it's just most of them come across as harsh and mean, even though it's just...emotion or tone can't really be expressed through posts, and that's probably just the issue, as opposed to the person actually meaning it in a harsh way...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I really appreciate the positive, helpful atmosphere on this site, and want to see it stay that way. Unfortunately, when you're dealing with the public you have to have zero tolerance and take a tough stand. Hats off to you Boo!
    French Lady

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Hmmm i would have nothing against the "repost" comments, it's just most of them come across as harsh and mean, even though it's just...emotion or tone can't really be expressed through posts, and that's probably just the issue, as opposed to the person actually meaning it in a harsh way...
    I'm very sorry if someone was rude commenting out about a repost. As for me, I think there shouldn't be any comments at all, just :
    Repost: "link to an original thread".
    The only one reason, if someone posts "Repost" like said, is to keep our forum clean. Some time ago Boo even started a new thread about it. We have a lot of reposts, and expired threads, thus cluttering up the board. Anyway we have to deal with it. If we're not allowed now to tell anyone that his or her thread is a repost , mods have to do something with it? For example, at SC if we report the thread, we will see:
    Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
    While other forums have something like this:
    Reason:
    This is ONLY to be used to report spam, fraud, reposts and problematic posts (harassment, fighting, or rude).

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Thank-you for posting this! I have just joined the site a couple of weeks ago, and right off the bat from one of my very first posts, a member began to harass me, replying to my comments in such a manner to belittle me, and make me feel like a dim-witted scam artist for making a comment about coupons! I told the member to kindly lay off as I didn't appreciate it, but this member continued to quote everything I posted and use my words against me. Finally I just stopped replying because I did not want to stoop to that kind of level of rudeness which is just uncalled for. I don't want to have to feel like I must edit and censor everything I consider posting for fear that someone will jump down my throat again. I felt singled out and attacked by someone I don't even know, and I hope I never have to feel that again for simply contributing to this blog.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Aw, Christina, don't let that one person spoil your fun here...perhaps that's the 'bad apple' that just got tossed...;-) Let me welcome you to our little family...I haven't been here long, either, but I felt as if I belonged right from the beginning. Like Boo said, if someone is treating you like that, report it....there's no call for rudeness from anyone.
    Welcome aboard!....Lynn

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

i missed the drama [thank goodness, i have enough RL drama as is] but i wanted to say something that is important to me about the board. i first searched out this board, looking for way to save money, because of some financial difficulty my family was having. i haven't been here very long but i have been floored by how sweet and helpful people have been. i never, ever used coupons before i came to this site and now, with gentle help from various board members, i have made some GREAT deals and truly saved myself and my family some serious cash. even though by the end of this week, i will no longer have an internet connection [although i will at work...] due to continuing and serious financial drama, the smart shopping tips and tricks will stay with me. i've learned great things from the people here and everyone has always been very nice to me.

i hope that wasn't too sappy.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I'm glad I missed this stuff too. Thanks Boo for clearing everything up for everyone!
    A friend will always shop with you, A best friend will help you hide it from your husband!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    477 (100%)

YaY BOo...Our hero!
    Join to earn GCs and many more prizes..
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/linny

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Yah, when I see a repost I just skip over it

I'm sure I did my share of reposts when I was new

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

A word about reposts in the Freebies section: you don't need to say anything to a newbie but "thank you", and then PM me or hit the report button, I get it either way and can take care of it from there.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think that mentioning 'repost' in the contests thread serves an important purpose..... many contests are single entry and entering multiple times will *disqualify* you.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information