User Tag List

Page 611 of 1381 FirstFirst ... 111 511 561 601 609 610 611 612 613 621 661 711 1111 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,165 of 20707
Like Tree1765Likes

Thread: SC Fake Twitter Thread!!!!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I have had a lightbulb moment.

care to share

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post

care to share
    You know when something is right under your nose and you can't see it? Well my son is totally not motivated in school and he could care less even if he gets zero on assignments in english mostly, and I got a call from a teacher to day to say that he did not do his homework again. So long story short we have tried everything to motivate him and are at the end of our rope and then I read this from an article on the subject.

"When we’re talking about kids not getting out of bed, not doing their homework or school assignments or not wanting to get involved in family activities, it’s important for parents to realize that there is motivation in the child. But the motivation is to resist. The motivation is to do things their way, not yours, and to retain power."

So in other words when he gets me angry and yelling and whatever else I do he's got me right where he wants me(subconsciously I know this too). The worst part of it is....and here was the real lightbulb moment...he is doing exactly what I do. To this day the more you push me the more I resist and dig in and I will NEVER BUDGE. Just ask Larry.

So at least maybe now I can try another strategy. The weird part is he just came home and told me he got 83 in history on his report card. So I'm all screwed up. LOL

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Patty we went through that with our son when he was younger than yours, then again when he was in gr.10.
    When he was younger, age 8 or so, we tried everything, then used very drastic tough love. It worked. (we were up to serving his dinner on the floor in his bedroom, and that's when he cracked because he hated the loss of 'being part of a family'. Good thing, too, because the next step was stripping his room of everything but a mattress...)
    When he started getting wonky about stuff in gr. 10 - it was enough with us pushing, reminding, etc. If he got up late for school, it was HIS problem. Late for the bus, too bad, he had feet. If he didn't hand in homework, he reaped the consequences. Poor marks, HIS problem.
    It was hard for us to see it happen..... but it had to be done.
    We had tried our best - he had to take RESPONSIBILITY at that point and it wasn't very much fun for a while....
    But it worked.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    The other day puddin57 posted the link to the place where she got her moving avatar. Maybe you can PM her I don't remember which thread I saw it on.
    I have pics, gifs, which are moving, but once I post them as an avatar, they are just a regular pic.
    Thanks, I'll take another look through SO many threads and posts.... can't believe stuff like this isn't on a sticky!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Patty we went through that with our son when he was younger than yours, then again when he was in gr.10.
    When he was younger, age 8 or so, we tried everything, then used very drastic tough love. It worked. (we were up to serving his dinner on the floor in his bedroom, and that's when he cracked because he hated the loss of 'being part of a family'. Good thing, too, because the next step was stripping his room of everything but a mattress...)
    When he started getting wonky about stuff in gr. 10 - it was enough with us pushing, reminding, etc. If he got up late for school, it was HIS problem. Late for the bus, too bad, he had feet. If he didn't hand in homework, he reaped the consequences. Poor marks, HIS problem.
    It was hard for us to see it happen..... but it had to be done.
    We had tried our best - he had to take RESPONSIBILITY at that point and it wasn't very much fun for a while....
    But it worked.
    We just have to find the right strategy. Poor marks are not much of a concern when you can make it up at summer school and he is already repeating last years math. Our education reform here has a lot to do with it and an insane grade 6 english teacher who if I had the money would have sued the school board over. He was fine before that. I have always maintained that I do my part at my end but what are they doing to motivate him???? I had to tell his teacher this morning well why don't you punish him? Detention, suspension do SOMETHING. THE ZERO IS NOT THE CONSEQUENCE THE ZERO ON THE ASSIGNMENT IS THE RESULT. So what are the consequences he must face. They don't follow through.

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Who knew the doc would prescribe ulcer medication to help treat an bad allergic reaction around my eyes. I'm taking a combination of Benadryl & Zantac.
    Earn FREE amazon.ca gift cards through swagbucks

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Off to get a bit of culture in my system.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

There is a town in Texas called 'Ding Dong'

I bet George Bush was born there!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Every year about 98% of atoms in your body are replaced.

No wonder I don't feel the same.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Home!!! Finally. Hoping that I don't have to go back for a while.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

The fur of the binturong, also known as the "Asian Bear Cat," smells like popcorn. The scent is believed to come from a gland located near the tail.

Puppy breath too smells like popcorn.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

There are six million parts in the Boeing 747-400.

All made by the lowest bidder.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

o no dh is @ it again, someone needs to put him in the home for the insane again lol
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Japanese research has concluded that moderate drinking can boost IQ levels.

Trucks can have a beer while doing her homework.