User Tag List

Page 5 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 1005 ... LastLast
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Last night we had Brinner (Breakfast for Dinner..heehee) Banana pancakes with chocolate chips topped with strawberries and maple syrup with homemade roasted potatoes.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Mmmmmmmmm KittyPaws, you just made me soo hungry, that looks so good

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KittyPaws View Post
    Last night we had Brinner (Breakfast for Dinner..heehee) Banana pancakes with chocolate chips topped with strawberries and maple syrup with homemade roasted potatoes.
    That looks soooooo good!

I'll be on the next plane out if that's alright

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Heehee you ladies are making me blush. I have a small vegan blog but I am not sure if I can post it here or not. I try to post daily what I eat to give people who are vegetarian/vegan ideas because I use to get stuck in the beginning for ideas as well. I always think it is nice to share and I love seeing what other people have for dinner to give me ideas.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Heehee you ladies are making me blush. I have a small vegan blog but I am not sure if I can post it here or not. I try to post daily what I eat to give people who are vegetarian/vegan ideas because I use to get stuck in the beginning for ideas as well. I always think it is nice to share and I love seeing what other people have for dinner to give me ideas.
    There's a section towards the end of the forum where you can post your blog, you have to post a reciprical link to Smart Canucks

I would definitely be interested in your blog. I am a vegetarian, have been for most of my life, and am working towards being completely vegan

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Chili dogs. Hot dogs with my homemade chili on top with a bit of swiss cheese and just a bowl of chili for those who didn't want the hot dogs. LOL

I am glad someone posted a pic. because I was going to ask people if they could do that. Sometimes just seeing a dish can help you make it or get other ideas too. Thanks Kittypaws. I have a question for you. How do your make your pancakes with no eggs?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Breakfast for dinner is one of my favs.

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I have a question for you. How do your make your pancakes with no eggs?
    I have different recipes I use. Bananas act as a great binder and ground flax replaces the eggs. I usually make my vegan french toast with ground flax because it mimics the "egg batter". The recipe for these pancakes was 1 cup flour, 2 tsp baking powder, a mashed banana and 1 1/4 cup almond milk. They might not get as fluffy as some pancakes but they really hit the spot without all the fat and cholesterol.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Kittypaws, those look just amazing! We often have breakfast foods for supper as well. (Ok, who else calls it supper? Is that another thread...?)
    We eat meatless quite often, actually, and I'm always looking for more ideas.
    Today, though, it's a meat fest...
    Went shopping and all meat was so pricey, but came upon some brisket bone ends (first time to try them!), which looked fairly meaty. They were less than $5 for a warehouse pack. So I boiled them (broth for barley soup tomorrow!), and they are slowly baking in a lovely tomato-based spicy sauce in the oven. We'll have baked baby red potatoes and a garden salad with.
    Sundays are odd cooking days for me now. Used to have a big supper always between 5 and 6, but now our son works at a Mass (sound technician) and isn't home from four til after eight. Usually then my husband and I eat around 7, then son eats when he comes later.

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Okay sorry if I am hogging this thread but I love to cook

Tonight we had chickpea cutlets (chickpea and wheat gluten with other stuff), roasted local asparagus and baby potatoes and mixed greens on the side. It was even nice enough to eat outside.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

No you're not hogging it this is exactly what I was hoping for. Just people throwing out ideas so we can share them. Heck we have dinner every night don't we. Well, post every dinner!! Go for it!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Chili dogs. Hot dogs with my homemade chili on top with a bit of swiss cheese and just a bowl of chili for those who didn't want the hot dogs. LOL

I am glad someone posted a pic. because I was going to ask people if they could do that. Sometimes just seeing a dish can help you make it or get other ideas too. Thanks Kittypaws. I have a question for you. How do your make your pancakes with no eggs?
    Patty, that chili looks awesome! And I have those exact same dishes! Lol!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Kittypaws, those look just amazing! We often have breakfast foods for supper as well. (Ok, who else calls it supper? Is that another thread...?)
    I say supper or dinner depending who I'm talking to

Or if I'm talking to a friend I call it din-din

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Okay sorry if I am hogging this thread but I love to cook

Tonight we had chickpea cutlets (chickpea and wheat gluten with other stuff), roasted local asparagus and baby potatoes and mixed greens on the side. It was even nice enough to eat outside.

That looks awesome kittypaws!

Seriously you should look into becoming a food stylist for magazines/cook books, you seem to have a real flair for it.

Let me know when you post your blog!

Click on Forum at the top of the page, scroll down to the end and you'll see the section

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Made a small pot of meat sauce today and I always feed my son as soon as he comes home from school so it's this is what's for supper tonight. This will be his snack and in a couple of hours he'll ask me what's for supper, seriously. LOL This is whole wheat pata I picked up at Giant Tiger for $1.25 a box of 500g. It's pretty decent.

Page 5 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 1005 ... LastLast

Thread Information