User Tag List

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^yes, most of the time I don't hear back from the "is it still available" crowd. However did reply back with a curt yes and did get response back wanting to see the item and pickup. you proved me wrong this time coupongirl99 .

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i find it funny when people list their items as "need to sell asap" "moving must sell" etc. then list a price that is only 25% off the retail price. if you're in a hurry to get rid of stuff you don't want and don't need/use then list them lower!
    i was looking for a baby swing and a person listed the swing for more than toys r us so i emailed to ask if it's the same one even provided the link and the person said yes. ok why would i buy a used one that's more expensive than a brand new one?
    Last edited by Purdee; Wed, Jun 22nd, 2016 at 11:47 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Funny how some people repeatedly respond to items posted. Ask where your location is and you explain. Say it's too far. Fine. Then comment on other items often asking the same question. Wouldn't you clue in after awhile?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    Funny how some people repeatedly respond to items posted. Ask where your location is and you explain. Say it's too far. Fine. Then comment on other items often asking the same question. Wouldn't you clue in after awhile?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    I had that happen on facebook, someone put "interested" then messaged me, I told them where I lived and they said, "that's way too far." Couple hours later, someone else posts "interested" and immediately the person that had already told me that I lived too far away posted, "I posted interested first, wait your turn". And they messaged me again asking where I lived.
    I just went /facepalm.
    Ciel, sweetmomma, macw1960 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    I had that happen on facebook, someone put "interested" then messaged me, I told them where I lived and they said, "that's way too far." Couple hours later, someone else posts "interested" and immediately the person that had already told me that I lived too far away posted, "I posted interested first, wait your turn". And they messaged me again asking where I lived.
    I just went /facepalm.
    Ciel, Candini, toronto166 and 1 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

In the last few months I've had four or five different people, for three different items I have on Kijjiji, do the same thing........ask if it's available, 'yes', then we bargain a price and they get my address.....and...yep, not ONE of them ever showed up. What in the hell in wrong with people? Why go through all that hassle and back and forth just to do zip? Emailed them all back a nice 'are you still interested'?......silence. Ignorance and lack of any courtesy is the new normal, I guess.
    barbis9, Ciel, seylz_gurl and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have a price negotiated with someone, agreed, I was out of town said they would pick up on the weekend, then they were busy. Now yesterday at like 10 am messages me saying please leave outside for me pick up, must be a porch pick up. This is a large shelving unit so I message back last night that I was at work and I do not leave large items out (I live in a complex with a lot of kids who love to play with anything left outside). They have now said they still want it but will not confirm to picking up.

I have a feeling this is going to snow ball quickly as I am also working this weekend and am working out of town so the hours I am home are extremely limited right now. We agreed to pick up last weekend, she cancelled but is now giving me a hard time.
    Ciel, toronto166 and Davetherave like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I asked them for porch pickup,they took and didn't place money.Came after an hour and messaged them 3 times regarding it,they placed money mail box after 4 hours and asking me to trust others ,he/she has to do lack of change.I don't its my problem if they don't have change or if I don't trust why I would keep outside.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Ciel, toronto166 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

My rant right now is not with the people that use Kijiji but with Kijiji itself. What's with the change so you can only post a maximum of 20 ads in the home indoor category? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. And bicycles a maximum of 6??? Not that I have bikes to post but come on Kijiji really????
    Ciel, toronto166, Arvilish and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had experience from the opposite point of view lately. Let me assure you that sellers are just as flaky as buyers.
    Time after time I offer full price, I ask for their address and a convenient pickup time, they respond maybe once, then I don't hear from them again. One seller messaged me all sorts of details, then tells me that someone else is picking up the item that afternoon. One guy won't commit to a time for me to pick up a piece of furniture because his friend is coming into town on the weekend and he doesn't know what time he will arrive. It's Wednesday loser! We have plenty of time before the weekend.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If your "my location" is set wrong, as you were cruising through different ads or various reasons, you have to delete the entire ad and re-post the ad. Wish they had a quicker/easier way to post them to a different city when this happens.
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Wed, Jul 6th, 2016 at 10:06 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's amazing how mobile technology and Internet access can expedite online sales transactions or queries.
    Trust does not build as quickly so sellers are quite right to expect a reasonable amount of commitment from any buyers saying they will buy items and agree to price/pickup time.

Just be aware that if there many supposed buyers not carrying through on their intentions/commitments to purchases, have a moment to ponder if you might be cased for a future home visit when you are not home. It's good to advise family at home of any major item pickups/purchases just in case you are not at the door when buyer(s) come. Not everyone wants to be on duty on their free time and if there is no reward, there is no interest in door watching. I say this as a middle-aged individual frustrated in past by sibling's Kijiji ads and some random buyers showing up and then having to sometimes deal with senior parents quizzing me about the strangers in the driveway--I don't know them!
    seylz_gurl and toronto166 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Why do people have to be difficult.

Woman was supposed to pick up last Friday, I sent her my address with instructions since I live in an complex and even though our units are marked they cannot seem to find my unit. She then messages me yesterday 5 days after she was supposed to pick up saying just give me the address no instruction, my original message was:
    I live at ****** Street, ***** Unit
    Instructions to get here
    So the address was clearly marked at the top of the message.
    So I sent just the address
    Her response back "Thank you"
    Ok does she or doesn't she want it?
    So I message her back "when will you be picking up"
    Her message back "No"

What was the point of asking for my address AGAIN if you don't want it
    sweetmomma and toronto166 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i inquired about an infant car seat since the seller did not post expiry date or condition, seller replied that car seat EXPIRED!!!! seriously, it is illegal to sell expired car seat http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/pubs/cons/garage-eng.php
    and even if you do not know that why would you try to sell an expired car seat to another mom who's going to put their infant baby in it, thinking that she's protecting her baby?? GRRRR
    francine1985 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is my conversation with a potential buyer yesterday (I am selling shoes worn just once)

Buyer: Interested
    Me: Great, when would you like to meet?
    Buyer: I really need well worn heels.
    Me: Okay, well I've worn them once
    Buyer: Can you send me Pictures?
    Me: You must have seen the attached 6 pictures when you responded to the ad.

Are you kidding me?
    Never did hear back from her.
    Candini and coupongirl99 like this.

Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information