User Tag List

Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Would that is a really messed up one, especially at 10pm! Wonder what the story is there - with the seller. I do the same by saying I'll go down but we don't have our buzzer set up. I am always on FB messenger or text and have them give me a heads up when they are close. Hopefully they have never tried buzzing and bothering anyone.

A few days ago I had my best bidding wars day ever. I had 5 pickups and I expected out of 5 to have one no show or negative experience. Everyone showed and on time collected $175 and also made a sale on eBay for $285! Like Candini ne of them even sent me a pic of their cuti dog wearing the costume that he bought from me. Totally made me smile

I also found a cousin I didn't know I had through my bidding wars group! I noticed a girl with my same last name winning a cruise that was up, it's a rare name for this area but very known in the NWT where my biological father and his extended family (originally 8 siblings) are from. I click her profile and sure enough. She is from Yellowknife. So I message her and we compare fathers and grandfathers names and sure enough we are cousins!! I stalked her profile some more and it gets even wilder. She went to the same high school as my little sister her in the lower mainland!! (albeit it 10 years apart)!
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

You would probably be shocked by the number of people I have who request to pick up at 9 or 10 pm, say it easier because kids are in bed but never works out as so am I. Quite a few have even backed out saying this is the only times they do pick up and if I cannot accommodate they will have to pass. I personally do not like the idea of someone I do not know being at my house at the that hour.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've made plans with so many FREAKING PEOPLE and none of them ever actually come get the item. They say they want it but can't pick up until x day and then never email back to confirm they're still coming, even after I email them to remind them. Just say no if you decide you don't want it! UGH.

Here's another overpriced junk story for you all -- I just ran across someone trying to sell a 2003 LG convection microwave for $175. That's almost 13 years old! You can buy a brand-new LG microwave on sale for that much, and I guarantee the technology has advanced tenfold in the last 13 freaking years.
    macw1960 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    You would probably be shocked by the number of people I have who request to pick up at 9 or 10 pm, say it easier because kids are in bed but never works out as so am I. Quite a few have even backed out saying this is the only times they do pick up and if I cannot accommodate they will have to pass. I personally do not like the idea of someone I do not know being at my house at the that hour.
    Yup too late, especially in Fall, Winter when its too dark & less people & activity around the house..too isolated. In Summer atleast there are more people on the street & more bright at that hour, so atleast you can call for Help.
    macw1960, SassyAshley and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Painless Buy today. Good communication, prompt reply & person was home, when I went to pick up the item. Was in good condition & as described.

Guy wouldn't budge on the price though in the few emails that went back on forth. So had to pick it up at his price, but its OK & I think was worth that price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Another KIJIJI no show yesterday.

Guy was working late so said he is going to come at 10 pm. I said fine, never showed up ! Never bothered to reply back & just ignored my messages asking if he is coming or not.

10 pm was, as is very late, tried to accomodate him, but guy didn't bother to come. No decency or courtesy to let me know either.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

good experience buying 9 book diary of a wimpy kid series for ds.. good replies - books as promised.. felt bad i haggled by $10 when i saw it was kid selling his books though mom.. ds was very happy with hard cover book set for $55..
    macw1960, wolfwoman and dededi like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Get this one. I had tires that I listed for $550.00. I sold them last Sunday for $500.00. So I get this email yesterday from someone who inquired about the tires about 2 weeks ago. (The tires were still for sale at that point. I told him yes they were still for sale and then I never heard back---until yesterday.)

OK, now the kicker---he asked me if I would take $200.00 for them?????!!!!!!???? I almost fell out of my chair when I read that. My response was: Sorry, I sold them for $500.00 already.

What a shocker indeed!!!!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

People are cheap! I am always looking for a deal (obviously or I would'nt be here!) but that's down right insulting!

I take a week or 2 break and then will post 5 or so items. I can't handle spending every week contacting, arranging, meeting buyers. Plus add my purchase pick ups to that..... So I give my self a break where I don't have to worry about the idiots. Luckily I have had a good week on bidding wars. Won a fantastic set of new ling size sheets for $10 with a really fun pinup print on them. And won 2 like new bug zappers for my dads cabin for $12!! I also sold something I bought for $4 for $30 and a Target xmas ornament I got for 35c for $11!! Very happy this week
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This one guy in my city is trying to sell his 'estate' online, and has "please contact" for the price of almost everything. I contacted and he told me to call him.

FFS. You could take the time to answer my email but NOT give me a damn price? What a waste of my time and yours.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

2 rants in one day!

I saw someone advertising a Nesco roaster for $75 on a FB group, stating they retail $175. No, lol, they're about $90 and go on for $79 regularly. How badly did you get ripped off buying that at the store? Holy moly.

I want to say something, but in the end I guess it's up to the buyer to not be stupid and research the price of the items they're buying to make sure they're not paying $5 less than retail.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Better to buy something new and on sale and discounted price, then what some of these Kijiji idiots are selling for used crap. After the time, energy and gas and No shows etc, just not worth it anymore.

you probably think you are getting a deal, but if you factor in the value of your time, energy and all the stress and headache that goes with dealing with these Kijiji idiots, its probably a lot more expensive in the long run.

now winter is coming, NO shows , cancellations, delays are only going to get worse in cold, snowy and dark weather

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Another nut who has no idea how worthless their junk is

Somebody is selling a 10+ year old Sony video camera with a BLACK AND WHITE DISPLAY for $200. Yes, not a typo. $200 for something that takes worse quality video than the lowest quality cellphone available. I'm very sure even dollar store webcams take higher quality video than this thing. The seller emphasizes the 20x zoom as if this is impressive in today's world.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In all fairness....there are collectors who value this more than modern day cameras. It's like everything else, some people collect "crap" that some of us won't touch with a 100ft barge pole

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Another nut who has no idea how worthless their junk is

Somebody is selling a 10+ year old Sony video camera with a BLACK AND WHITE DISPLAY for $200. Yes, not a typo. $200 for something that takes worse quality video than the lowest quality cellphone available. I'm very sure even dollar store webcams take higher quality video than this thing. The seller emphasizes the 20x zoom as if this is impressive in today's world.
    macw1960 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While I understand the definition of "rant", I think most sellers simply do not understand selling to the local market in these days. You are not a store making profit, it is more like an online garage sale where it is you who badly need to get rid of his stuff.

It is a perfect bargain hunters market and a horrible selling platform. There is no shortage of anything these days, much less of used stuff.
    So yes, buyer can contact 10 people about something he may think of maybe buying, offer a low price and then choose the cheapest/most convenient one or simply none at all and just move on. Like the guy at your garage sale who would look at every single of your $0.50 LP records, offer $0.10 for them then not buy anything at the end anyway.

I am usually selling some vintage electronics and I can say I may have 9/10 emails that would never get anywhere after first exchange. And looking at kijiji, I actually fully understand why it is like that. There is hundreds of similar items and they are buried down the back pages at mind blowing speed. There is definitely not enough buyers for all that c**p in your city and the only thing you can thrive as a seller is to simply go down to "dirt-cheap" territory.

An ebay is much more leveled sellers platform since all "ads" have inherited expiry date and the ebay would favor search towards items that are closer to their expiry end (they make money from the successful sale so it is not in their interest for ads to get buried) - which is the exact opposite of kijiji. And not to mention that it is a global market.

People who look for stuff on kijiji are now mostly down to the bargain hunters, because that is really where kijiji has biggest appeal. The old "you can see the item" or "no shipping" etc benefits are rather thinly sliced as of lately, because it is often more an hassle to go somewhere pickup stuff than pay the darn shipping on ebay..
    So don't be surprised people offer you $20 on a $80 item. It is YOU who want to sell the item in first place, not them who need it badly.

I sold many things through kijiji also did many trades and I'd say probably 98% of all was a great experience - very nice people, I even received a bottle of wine from someone for whom I was holding an item etc, I had chat with many, I even had repeated buyers...but I have full understanding of kijiji for what it really is - it is an online garage sale. I have lot of c**p and I want to get rid of it but not necessary for free. And yes there would be occasional guy who would bargain you down in email to $30 and then still brings only $20, but that is the level you subscribed to when you decided to sell on kijiji.

I also bought things off kijiji and 99% were excellent experience where I've got item (from top of my head ipad, 3 iphones, 2 samsung galaxy phones, games, speakers, coffee machines) for price I wanted to pay and received good items. Heck some of the items I've got over the time I already ed to other people and in most cases with a slight profit.

Any time I want to be more serious about selling an item, or it is an item that may have limited local appeal - ebay turned out to be a much more supreme choice, even with all the wrapping and mailing, you will get usually more reasonable money. People on ebay seems to be quite ok with the higher shipping these days as well.
    Last edited by Pepek; Thu, Nov 26th, 2015 at 02:48 PM.
    macw1960, torontogal12 and dededi like this.

Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information