User Tag List

Page 53 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Like Tree7764Likes

Thread: First World Problems: post yours!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Had this happen with K-Cups pictured showed Timothy's K-Cups but the blue package, I was buying a Purple package and cashier did not want to accept it even though it said any K-Cups packs.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Bought 2L Neilson Trutaste milk and used the $1 off coupon from the Saputo magazine. The coupon is good for "any" Neilson Trutaste 2L or 4L milk.

Cashier called the supervisor to ask whether she could accept a coupon that is "not for the item being purchased." I was confused because it was clearly the same item. Supervisor came and said the coupon is for the same item and couldn't understand why cashier had called her. Turns out it was because I was buying skim and the coupon has a picture of 2% on it. lolol
    torontogal12 likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Think of how many coupons they'd have to print to fit every possible permutation lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Had this happen with K-Cups pictured showed Timothy's K-Cups but the blue package, I was buying a Purple package and cashier did not want to accept it even though it said any K-Cups packs.
    SassyAshley likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i do think it depends on the kids and the parents when it comes to electronics.. i do think they have a great place in learning and education, they also are great for making learning educational, in a world where typing is becoming just as common (if not more so) then using a pen, being able to use a keyboard and have decent speed is a good thing in society.. i've noticed that my child learns things from playing her basic games things she wouldn't normally get (or things we don't have the space for.. like puzzles, i don't need 30 boxes of puzzles she can build them online) BUT ofcourse it does depend on the parents and how much they watch and see what their kid is up to... currently my 6yr old only knows of disney jr (she's never played angry birds) knows nothing of facebook, she knows of skype because that's how she "chats with gramma" and i'll admit i have movies on her tablet to save my sanity and sometimes she pulls it out has some quiet time and turns on a movie to entertain herself (and save me from having to listen to treehouse or disney jr) given the choice of playing at the park or playing on her tablet she'd play at the park every time just sometimes i can't devote a day to playing at the park (or it's too cold/rainy)
    SassyAshley likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

and i gotta admit all that plastic crap we buy our kids is expensive!, a polly play set even a basic one will cost you $30 and they go up to $50+ for the more fancy ones, a single doll and outfit will cost you $10, a new bike is easily $100+ it all adds up (not saying i agree with dropping $$$ on high end electronics, but i'm not against buying kids electronics if the parent doesn't use it as a way to babysit their kid)
    torontogal12 and SassyAshley like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bought 2L Neilson Trutaste milk and used the $1 off coupon from the Saputo magazine. The coupon is good for "any" Neilson Trutaste 2L or 4L milk.

Cashier called the supervisor to ask whether she could accept a coupon that is "not for the item being purchased." I was confused because it was clearly the same item. Supervisor came and said the coupon is for the same item and couldn't understand why cashier had called her. Turns out it was because I was buying skim and the coupon has a picture of 2% on it. lolol
    I went to the Lindt store with that coupon that was available through facebook a while back. It was good for 'any Excellence bar' but the picture was for a specific type, I think the sea salt. I had gotten the chili one because that's my favourite and the cashier wasn't going to accept it because I had to get the one that was pictured. I politely asked her to read the coupon details and then she finally relented. It was their own coupon. You'd think that head office would have told their boutique stores about these coupons being around and how to process them.

I'm hoping to use that on a lactose free carton. I hope I won't have any trouble with it.
    torontogal12 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Finding holes in the middle of 90% of the slices of bread when I opened my Dempsters pumpernickel bread. So frustrating.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I hate that, I had it happen with a loaf of store baked bread, could only find like 4 slices I could use the holes were so big.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Finding holes in the middle of 90% of the slices of bread when I opened my Dempsters pumpernickel bread. So frustrating.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Expensive weddings.

Just found out I have to pay $125+tax+shipping for DD's flower girl dress (also have to buy shoes, hair accessories). Then a tux rental for both DS and DH (ring bearer and usher). EEEP! I can feel this wedding costing me a lot of money!
    wolfwoman and trishka like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Why can't they let her wear something she already has?

Our ring boys at our wedding just wore clothes they already had. If there had been girls, we would've done the same. Why make people pay more?
    Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Expensive weddings.

Just found out I have to pay $125+tax+shipping for DD's flower girl dress (also have to buy shoes, hair accessories). Then a tux rental for both DS and DH (ring bearer and usher). EEEP! I can feel this wedding costing me a lot of money!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Why can't they let her wear something she already has?

Our ring boys at our wedding just wore clothes they already had. If there had been girls, we would've done the same. Why make people pay more?
    Because apparently it has to be a huge show. 3 flower girls! She even told me how I have to style DD's hair. Everything has to be just right. Kind of regretting saying yes to the kids being involved but its DH's sister. DS is a ring bearer (there will be all 3 nephews - not sure how that'll work). DH and his 3 brother AND 2 cousins will be ushers.

Apparently there's about 500-600 guests. We had 30 people at our wedding. lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I feel sorry for everyone involved. Ours was 75 people and that was WAY too many
    Because apparently it has to be a huge show. 3 flower girls! She even told me how I have to style DD's hair. Everything has to be just right. Kind of regretting saying yes to the kids being involved but its DH's sister. DS is a ring bearer (there will be all 3 nephews - not sure how that'll work). DH and his 3 brother AND 2 cousins will be ushers.

Apparently there's about 500-600 guests. We had 30 people at our wedding. lol

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    I hate that too. Especially because the peanut butter/jam/butter falls through. Also sucks for making grilled cheese sandwiches.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expensive weddings.

For a flower girl dress!?!?! That's slightly less than what I paid for a floor length Vera Wang bridesmaid dress. Insane.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This weather. I've been out twice in the past week because my youngest has been sick and it's been too cold to take her out. Now that she's feeling better were under a blizzard warning and the plough just dumped over a foot of snow at the end of my driveway so I can't even get out of the driveway. Grr I want to try and hunt down some of these awesome Christmas deals everyone's been posting about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Unable to plan outings with DH because he is working all the time.
    krysta lynne and torontogal12 like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Page 53 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Thread Information