• 6 Post By bargain_hunter_lola
  • 5 Post By beckie.c
  • 5 Post By xlxo
  • 7 Post By Andit
  • 5 Post By abbasgirl
  • 5 Post By Angela273
  • 5 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 4 Post By ninna

Thread: QOTD: Thurs Aug 28: Sick days...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  sac130522.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  49.9 KB
    Nobody ever enjoys being sick...
    Hopefully be sick is short lived, but sometimes you just can't help but stop everything else and take time to get well.
    When was the last time you took a Sick day?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by danger_dan; Fri, Aug 29th, 2014 at 08:41 AM.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Probably three years ago when I had a bad cold. I don't get sick very often thankfully.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

2 years ago, this past July.

Being a SAHM means I don't get sick days and thankfully I don't get sick often, but 2 years ago I became extremely sick.

DH was gone and I got really sick for almost 3 weeks. I tried to work through it but I ended up in the hospital for almost a week! 2 throat surgeries later I was finally released. They still don't know exactly what happened. Just that I somehow contracted bacteria deep in my throat and it was going into my blood system. Scary stuff! Never want to go through that again! Now I know to get checked if I'm not better within a week or if I keep getting worse.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I've had two so far this year, the most recent one was in April. It was a bad headache/migraine... I remember going to bed with it and just feeling sick to my stomach, and waking up that morning and it was still there. I can't remember when the other one was, or why. I don't get super sick very often, usually it's only just one day here or there if I'm feeling crappy. Luckily, my job is fairly self-contained so if I don't make it in one day it's not a big deal.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I average 3 sick days a year. Co-workers average 8 sick days a year. Having young children increases the numbers. So does getting older.

When sick, stay away from the office to avoid outbreaks! Luckily we now have options of telecommuting so we can work from home when we are not our best.

I greatly reduced my annual sick days decades ago when using paper towels to open public bathroom doors. I am a strong supporter of hand washing.
    Last edited by xlxo; Thu, Aug 28th, 2014 at 03:21 PM.
    Andit, ninna, danger_dan and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Um, this whole past year? Being on disability means I have good days & not so good days. My good days are on a par with the average person's I-think-I'm-coming-down-with-something fatigue/feel like bleh.

Good thing I have capable servants at home, ready to care for me...assuming I bribe them with cookies and liver treats.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jan 2nd this year, I had the flu so I couldn't go into work. I'm self-employed, so I really hate taking time off!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

2.5yrs ago when I was pregnant with LO and got food poisoning from a burger at a local restaurant.

Last December I had to take some time off work in order to take care of our LO who was sick with croup.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xlxo View Post
    I average 3 sick days a year. Co-workers average 8 sick days a year. Having young children increases the numbers. So does getting older.

When sick, stay away from the office to avoid outbreaks! Luckily we now have options of telecommuting so we can work from home when we are not our best.

I greatly reduced my annual sick days decades ago when using paper towels to open public bathroom doors. I am a strong supporter of hand washing.
    Interesting you mentioned coworkers.
    Some of my coworkers use to come to work coughing and sneezing and watery eyes.
    They passed it on to other coworkers.
    Eventually they got to me.

I agree with you- if they are sick they should stay home.
    Andit, Angela273, ninna and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

*touch wood*. I seldom take sick days because I seldom get sick. Super hero immunity or something like that. LOL.

I feel guilty taking sick days, which is really stupid. In my line of work, I get so many sick days in a year and some colleagues will take their sick days whether they are sick or not just because they get the sick days and they'll be darned if they are going to let them pass by. Me? I see that as abusing the system. Still, with my guilt complex, I am one of those people who would drag myself in to work even if I wasn't well enough to be there because I'm a type A personality: I'm pretty sure no one is going to do my job as well as me...lol...so I drag my sorry butt in.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I agree with you- if they are sick they should stay home.
    Agreed!! DH's work, since its based on customer appointments (plumber), the guys often will go to work while sick to do as many calls as they can so they don't have to be rescheduled. It goes through the whole office at least 3 times each winter because they are sharing tools/work orders/etc.

Thread Information