User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Coupon Bloggers leaving out important info!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not someone who usually rants a lot but this is annoying me daily, Anyways I like many coupon blogs out there on Facebook and there is a few of them I find when posting a deal/coupon leave out important information to make the coupon/deal sound better so people click on the link to their blog then find out it's a totally different thing. Here are a few examples: (I'm withholding the pages name because I don't want to go against SC filtering system.)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  69.5 KB

Now after clicking on the link...

Views: 865
Size:  25.4 KB

As you can see its burried in the fine print that you need to buy something to get the free dish soap

Views: 851
Size:  63.3 KB

Do you want free crackers?... Not so fast!

Views: 898
Size:  57.3 KB

Now it turns out you need to enter a contest!

The same bloggers also like to repost old information and say it's updated like this:
Views: 861
Size:  79.5 KB

So you think there is more info about the Websaver VIP club?

Views: 871
Size:  59.1 KB

It's the same news we knew about at the start of the month but they made it seem like there was something new we didn't already know.

I don't know if anyone else finds this but it annoys me especially when I'm using cell data to click on something that is old or different.

Notice: This isn't anything against SC and their blog, actually I find SC one of the only honest ones that doesn't do any of the stuff above
    This thread is currently associated with: Websaver
    Last edited by brennen7; Wed, Mar 25th, 2015 at 08:45 PM.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

All of this drives me mental as well!!!

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That is why one should only stick with good ole SC!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Lame! That's just misleading click bait they hope to get more traffic on their website. Vote with your fingers and don't click on those sites anymore.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

yup i know these well.. or they say "free hurry" only to find out it's a contest.. or that it's free if you price match a specific store back east and use a specific coupon... a deal that more then half of canada can't get but you don't find this out till after you click through two links
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I did that exact same thing on facebook, I know which facebook that was. I was all "yay freebie, hopefully it isn't gone yet" only to find out it wasn't... really... free.
    Then I was sad.

But that one isn't as bad as another facebook blogger I was subscribed to a few months, it was so spammy and constantly filling my facebook feed. Reposted contests every day with *HURRRY!!!!!!!* I finally got into it with them because they posted a headline "Free bra offer! Hurry!!!!!!!!" and all it was a bogo instore offer that didn't start until the next day at La Senza I believe.
    Last edited by GracieAnne; Thu, Mar 26th, 2015 at 01:19 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Becch!
    macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Yeah, I know which site that is from and there's a GOOD reason why I don't read it anymore.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Drives me nuts too.
    toronto166 likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It is a pet peeve of mine.
    We have had people complain we put too much info in the titles on SC but I would rather people with a text RSS feed know what they are clicking (because I like to know) and not waste time
    My fave are the ones who put FREE on everything including a 50c coupon, because the coupon itself is free
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

brennen7..... about the Campbell's Under The lid thing?? What was wrong with that one? I ask because we have many cans of that soup still in the stockpile and my DH has won me a free can almost every time he pops the lid off one! All I do is enter the code that is on the lid and I get mailed an FPC for the free can of soup.
    coupon girl likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

There is nothing wrong with it, but the email for the offer (shown above) looks like a FPC for Cracker Chips you can just order, no mention of having to buy something for a potential win
    toronto166 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    brennen7..... about the Campbell's Under The lid thing?? What was wrong with that one? I ask because we have many cans of that soup still in the stockpile and my DH has won me a free can almost every time he pops the lid off one! All I do is enter the code that is on the lid and I get mailed an FPC for the free can of soup.
    It's how they post about it on facebook, It was made to seem like it was a FPC from Save.ca and in their post on Facebook it doesn't mention anything about a contest. If it said something like "Enter Campbell's Under the Lid contest and win FPC!!" I would be fine with that.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brennen7 View Post
    It's how they post about it on facebook, It was made to seem like it was a FPC from Save.ca and in their post on Facebook it doesn't mention anything about a contest. If it said something like "Enter Campbell's Under the Lid contest and win FPC!!" I would be fine with that.
    oh! I see. That can be very misleading.
    I got the cans of soup super cheap and they were just meant as a back up quick snack for DH to keep in his locker in case he stayed late. He opened one at home one day and won a free can, so now he is leaving them all here because they are all pretty lucky cans....lol.
    toronto166 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I know exactly who you are talking about. Not cool!
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information