User Tag List

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @ jasperandchar Yes, I plan on taking in daycare kids starting in July. I do not have a teaching contract to return to, so it doesn't make sense to pay $2,100/month to put my 3 kids into daycare just for me to be a substitute teacher. There would be months when I would earn less than $2,100/month. I am currently preparing my daycare advertisement and my home.
    I think it makes so much sense to stay home with those daycare costs, I hope you find some great daycare kids.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    So I have a question re: PC MC and buying gcs for shopping. I have the elite so I get 30 pts per $1 when shoping at loblaws banner store & sdm. When I shop elsewhere I get 10 pts per $1.

So If you don't mind my asking what's the benefit I buying a gc with you MC if you are getting 30 pts per $1 if you are buying a PC gc for groceries vs. paying with your PC MC. Am I missing something???
    I use PC pts to redeem for Rcss GC . Then use the gift card to pay for purchases and use my PC Card for point offers. I do so so I don't have to spend exactly $20 , I can spend whatever. And also to get point offers and still redeem.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Getting an amazing foot rub right now. Then have to pick up,DS at a little gathering. Music and fire. Lucky boy!!
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-I checked a few days ago and didn't see anything but it was there this morning online.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Jun 25th, 2016 at 10:40 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Finally found the 2 last lamps I wanted for my future bedroom on my fb french sale group,10$ for 2.
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Jun 25th, 2016 at 11:49 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Another busy day so thinking I should get up and at it!
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We had flash flooding as part of a nasty storm Friday night. Power went out for 1/2 our city. A variety of trees were damaged, etc. The weather was cool but nice on Saturday morning at the start of our garage and bake sale fundraiser. Around noon the wind had really picked up and the weather just continued to get worse from there. We had to pack up a bit early. We use the entire length of our driveway and part of our lawn to set up our sale. It was pretty slow, we only made $150 this time. I know a variety of people were busy dealing with storm damage from the night before. Dh lent out our gas generator to a family in the valley, Dh has been acquainted with the husband for years. They were told 6-15hrs before the power would be back on again because there was a fire on a pole. The wife figured it'd take longer than that. I was exhausted and in a lot of pain by the end of the sale. I still made myself cook supper in order to avoid Dh "picking something up". I'm still somewhat sore today. I was up during the night with one baby and now I have been up with kids since 5am. I want to take a nap. I Need to tackle the house today. That way I will feel more comfortable about posting my daycare ad because I know that responsible parents will want to come and check things out.

I plan on going shopping today, probably at NF for the fresh fruit sales.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Supposed to be a hot one today so not much planned. Mom wanted to go shopping but doesn't look like that is going happen which is fine with me. I still have a ton of work to tackle, a sheep to finish and am trying to get my crochet website up and running. As well I know it is going to be a LONG week, I will spend most of the week in the location with the new branch manager and they are now also short staffed so I do not think much training will happen as much as just working in the location to keep everything running smooth.

Last night I posted my first post on my crochet website and have scheduled a few more to post for me as the week goes on in case I cannot find time to log in. I found 2 places to sell my work, one I will take custom orders as it is more like a buy/sell were there is a lot of communication so I can set my lead time at the time of order. The other is more like a store and you have to give a lead time in the posting so here I will only sell finished goods.

I really want to try to get back to giving myself at least 1/2 hour if not an hour to work on my crochet because yet again life has become about nothing but work.

I also think not all my hours are being recorded as some how my overtime at work has gone done so I will now start emailing in my hours and see if my overtime goes back up. I rely on the overtime $$$$ to balance my budget so I need to get this sorted out.

Have a great day everyone and for those in Ontario try to stay cool
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My pale teen is spending the day in the sun for his volunteer task, he already has a bite ofa burn in a few small spots so I made sure he was covered in sunscreen. He has enjoyed the work and is very happy to check this off of the list needed for graduation. He has two years left but said that there are lots of kids not done At graduation
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

lovely lamps @cath007 and your apartment looks very nice
    Angela273, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    J and C-I checked a few days ago and didn't see anything but it was there this morning online.
    thanks @lizzie bargain I just checked and I'm a happy camper

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am back -missed you guys -had to get an update from MacAfee and didn't want to come on and get a virus -so I got a lot done around the house and read and puzzles

-cath-awesome deals
    -shopped at shoppers yesterday and went to a lovely beach strip house on lake Ontario -the lady had said open house and my dear hubby was envited as the school bus driver ofsome of the kids on his run -I saw a lovely girl that was friends with my daughter many years ago -20 years I haven't seen her so it was lovely -sat in a group and talked a bout checkout51 with a women and some moms decided to do it maybe -nice helping others save

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing everyone a great day!!!! Another sunny ,hot and bright day in here,ac is on!!! Made another trade on my facebook french couponnong group and will do a little bit of cleaning,still a lot to do.See you later
    jasperandchar likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Just a reminder to anyone who has Huggies codes, today is the last day to enter them on the website before they become useless. I need to enter the codes that are on my currently unopened packages of Huggies diapers.
    cath007 and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Got 3 matching white curtain panels today at the re-use it centre. Got ds1 to install 1 of my 2 curtain rods and hung 1 of the new to me curtains up boy does make a huge difference in color bright white vs. pear green. So everyone says they look nice. Slowly getting caught up on all those little things that make a house a HOME without going broke

Has anyone had any luck with magnetic curtains rods, I've been thinking of buying 1 for a while now BUT I know in the past I have heard they don't hold well, they tend to drag down (if that makes any sense).

Going to ask MIL to come over and give me another crash course on my sewing machine, I never use it so never remember how to put thread on the bobbin (it's simple but I always miss a step)

Dh is going to run some errands tomorrow after work so I have the coupons & raincheques ready for shoppers and the coupons ready for bacon for him to PM at RCSS (I called the closest store and they said they do pm SDM).

Wishing everyone a great evening

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information