User Tag List

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This is our first weekend in October without extra people at our house. I was up very sick last night. I went to the walk-in clinic this morning and got antibiotics for mastitis. I've nursed for nearly 3yrs total and this is my first time with mastitis. The doctor said the bacteria got in through bite marks. Teething twins has done me in. I feel very ill, but I felt worse in the middle of the night when I was running a fever, etc. We are still trying to determine what plans need to be revised. Dh is supposed to spend some one-on-one time with our son. I made arrangements to go out for supper alone with a female friend tonight.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Oct 29th, 2016 at 05:33 PM. Reason: fixed auto correct - This is my first time having mastitis.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, frugals for the day.

Made a batch of laundry stain cleaner. should last my family about a year. cost was 18.00
    used 1.00 in coupons
    and using CO1 for more savings.
    cut my daughters hair, and dyed it.
    will prob cut DS's and DH'S later tonightgot over 16.00 on PCpoints, and some on Gas as we were there so we got gas as well.
    went to store 2.... buy 3 large containers of yogurt... 2.49 each ( great price ) get 50 airmiles ( 95 airmiles is 10.00!!)
    bought halloween candy - 1/2 price and only bought what we like... down side... I bought what we like!!!!!!!!!
    homemade pizza for supper.
    hanging laundry
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went to the mall to return a few items to the bay -my top was small ,Sebastian jogger pants too small
    -got a lovely dress for ashlyn for school next year size 4 12.00 at gymboyee it was 60% off the last price and a cute clip in barette 3.20-gonna put away for easter have 2 outfits bought one for him one for her
    -got sebastian jogging pants on reduced rack at sear 2.99-30%=2.09 and bag of super hero suckers 2.40 for Halloween

-so hot in mall and crowded just wanted to get home -grabbed my favourite popcorn carmel and cheese 2/4.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Heading out the door for hockey. Went to RCSS to grab fruit. Apples, bananas and kiwi are the fruits for the week. Will stock up again Wednesday on last day of sale. Scallop potatoes are cooking and the smell is driving me crazy. Can't wait for dinner.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just received my two $25 gift cards from Pampers rewards. They were on clearance super cheap. Now I'll need to decide what to do with them because the closest locations are 2.5hrs away.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Glad you got the antibiotics Angela-mastitis is nasty! Feel better soon.

Semi-productive day around here. Stripped the bed and did 2 loads of wash and then DH and I went to stock up on some fresh fruit and veggies at No Frills and stopped and got our flu shots on the way home at a new pharmacy that just opened up very close to our house-best part is there was no line up. Must send DD over too once she gets home-not that at 17 I would try to force her, but given she is flying to visit her friend near New York at Xmas time it is probably a wise precaution. I am of the opinion that it is easy to pick things up on planes, cruise ships etc.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, Oct 29th, 2016 at 05:03 PM.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Glad you found a shampoo couongirl!!

I spent the morning in the garage spray painting flower pots. I pinned a picture ages ago where the designer did all white pots in a family room. I couldn't find many white pots but I found a bunch of different coloured ones on clearance at London drugs so I spray painted them with off white chalk paint and I must say I think they are going to look amazing. They should be dry for tomorrow to re pot my plants in to. I have two decorative ladders that I will put them on, I am excited about to see the end result!!
    I did a huge shop at superstore and I am glad that is done, I hate big grocery shops and I hate putting groceries away even worse!! I used 160.00 in PC points toward the total bill of 315.00 and made 40.00 in points back, we are splurging and doing Prime Rib and lobster tails for the combined birthday people on Sunday, and I am feeling a bit torn on what to do. I bought 14 lobster tails total, some were single packs and some were in packs of two, I price matched Independant's price of 8.99 per lobster tail and when I checked my receipt when I got home she only charged me for 9 lobster tails, I think she didn't notice some packs were twos. Normally I would notice but my shop was huge so I didn't because the bill was so high. Debating whether to call them or not, my conscience doesn't do well with things like this. i don't want to get the cashier in trouble because she was so helpful with my big order.
    Anyway I better get back to putting the dry goods away,while I wrestle with the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other!!!!! enjoy the weekend everyone!!
    I was once overcharged a bundle on some groceries and went back to customer service a few days later. They looked at me like I had two heads - couldn't believe that I would come back and said they wouldn't know how to correct it on their registers so just to leave it lol

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better Angela
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Angela: I hope you feel better soon. I had it once with my older son and it was not fun.
    I had a late night last night the older son went to a friends after work and I did not want him walking home so I picked him up at 1 am. I may need a nap.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all

we have rain here. So no outside stuff will be done.

Did some swagbucks already this am. Used some swagbucks $ for a Christmas gift for my youngest. 1 nice gift for her done.
    Once I am done with Christmas shopping, I am going to get some new stuff for the daycare. Some of the stuff is really nice.

on track forthe day is a turkey to the oven, should be a few good meals this week.
    I have laundry to do, and some housework. should be a pretty chillin day.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just received my two $25 gift cards from Pampers rewards. They were on clearance super cheap. Now I'll need to decide what to do with them because the closest locations are 2.5hrs away.
    You maybe able to redeem them online. Most websites have a spot for gift cards when you are about to pay.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sun, Oct 30th, 2016 at 01:58 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    You maybe to redeem them online. Most websites have a spot for gift cards when you are about to pay.
    One gift card is to Red Lobster. The other $25 card it to the Gap, Old Navy, and one other place. I might trade them or something.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Oct 30th, 2016 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Darn auto correct.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Here's a link to November's thread
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/418565-...a/#post6702040
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

The guys are tidying up the loose ends for the outside chores and should be starting next weekend on the inside chores (projects to be completed).

Supper tonight is sweet & sour chicken, need to meal plan for next week.

I did a sdm shop yesterday and earned 22300 points so pretty pleased. I already have enough points for 2 top level redemtions and only need 35K to have a 3rd top level....motivation as all points are saved and used for Christmas

When I 1st got my pcplus card I took the time to write out my grocery list on their site, I always got crappy offers and for items I never purchased. I deleted this list about 1 month ago and what a difference it makes, I'm actually getting some great offers.

Well off to the races, wishing everyone a great afternoon & evening.

PS Angela I hope you feel better soon
    @lizzie bargain - practice driving at 14 (wowzers) that's young in my mind but 2 years of having practice I'm sure makes a difference in the drivers maturity and comfort.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -pbs and maybe Rick Mercer Report (he can do a sketch about hydro prices) ought to film you at home with the woodstove. You certainly make the most of the fire (heating, cooking). I'm sure that stoves of all sorts will become popular with folks wanting to minimize their hydro/gas expenses. Corn cob stoves were a thing until the price of corn went up due to ethanol use.
    Sometimes it's a treat to get the house to yourself when someone can invite the fam ily over to their place.
    Thanks for setting up the next month's thread!
    @Angela _273 -you've been doing Wonder Woman for a long time. Glad you had a chance to fit in visit with friend for some "you" time. Sorry to hear to read of the van bump and your mastitis.

Well, SCers, tomorrow is the last day for most October coupons. If you happen to have the $1 off Tru-taste milk (from Fortinos or other Loblaws banners stores from the fridge door) coupon, it expires tomorrow. I think I have disposed of any lingering Oct. coupons. We'll have to watch on the Smart Source, P&G & Red Plum coupons for November-some have mid-November expiries.

Can you believe I was envious of neighbours cutting their lawns during the 19C weather yesterday? So wanted to do the same. But I realized I had a chance to do the fall vacuuming of the pantry, space behind it and behind the fridge (gave some shelves the soap and water treatment too) without disturbance so that semi-annual ritual is done. Had a few food items to toss out. Laundered two living room blankets, cooked some cauliflower, make cupcakes of the apple fruit cake recipe and oh yes, tossed some rotten tomatoes (could not ignore the aroma). Did not do a walk for cans or stickers.
    Today, I found 4 containers to add to the 2 beer containers I had a my bag on the way to the beer store. Forgot the shopping money for Shoppers. Well the sky did brighten for a few minutes and it was good to get fresh air.
    When the temperatures get much colder, I will limit myself to three grocery stores for most of purchases. I'm at the point where while I'd like more Air Miles, the stores offering them are farther away and I want to maximize my shopping trip if I do visit the AM stores. Actually I am thinking which loyalty reward programs to stop chasing once I get my next redemption (PC Plus is first) because it's time to get higher transactions totals at 2 or 3 stores rather than small shops over 5 or 6 stores. If Air Miles become harder to get, then once I get my next $10 e-gc, I'll just let the card collect dust.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information