User Tag List

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I switched the dining room fixture to the LED and hated them. After a week I took them out. I bought the dimmable ones and they were still so bright even at the lowest setting.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

No, the LED bulbs were called Luminex and were in yellow boxboard packages.
    The CT ones were in a blue/purple/black boxboard sleeve.
    I know the FEIT brand you mention, @Sweets parrow -they happen to be on sale at CT this flyer. @Frugalbigmama -yes, you are correct about closed fixtures. Except for the hallway and two kitchen/dining room light covers, the rest of the light covers are open at one side or all around. It was the dining room's Swedish globe light fixture that said no to the bulb. Sibling did not touch the hallway fixture. I can check in the am tomorrow.

I remember asking a Philips marketing rep in 2015 at Home Depot about the light looking like incandescent bulb's glow-we talked about the 2700-3000K range. For something like this, I know an LED bulb has about 1/5 to 1/6 the W value of the incandescent bulb it is replacing but surely hardware stores might have staff suggesting putting in fixtures for 60W, 100W and up bulbs so customers can try the brand of LED bulb they want and verify the light quality.

Too many stores are bright white in lighting or in warehouse style shops, the stores have grey shadows with white lighting if LED fixtures are used. Do I want to shop in fridge light conditions? Maybe if I am buying food. But for other things, give me that yellow glow. It is more mellow and relaxing-great for impulse buys too.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tomorrow is Seniors Day at the Hudson Bay company, if anyone is keen to go shopping and is 60 yr old or better. 15% off.
    Rexall's Seniors Day is also tomorrow.
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Is anyone trading McDonalds monopoly? I keep getting the same ones and thought if someone in another province wanted to trade.....just a thought.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Re: McDonald's Monopoly pieces: The three airports (Toronto, Montreal, Halifax) were most common pieces in the first couple of weeks. Robson Street is another common one. I'm passing pieces on to a couple of other persons as I am wanting a cash prize, HBC gift card or the prepaid Vanilla MC.
    Angela273 and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Closed up shop at 8. Handed out candy for 2 hours and 10 min. Disappointed in my one neighbour. They can drink in their garage to all hours of the night 3/4 nights a week but hide vehicles in garage and turn all lights out and hide tonight. Their neighbour has kids older and long gone and they decorate huge and hand out till 11 pm if the kids are around.
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We still have a few kids showing up. We keep the light on until 8:30. The older son and I watched A Nightmare before Christmas and had a cup of tea while doing the candy. Logan is out with his friends.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

It is only 6:40 here and I have had about 6 kids since 5:30, hopefully I get a few more! We bought this house 23 years ago and the first year we has almost 200 kids, now everyone goes to the mall which in my opinion is about as fun as getting a root canal for them, but to each his own I guess! My son is 19 today and I usually have a houseful of his friends here but he has a college class until 9:30 so I am expecting them to stop by later for a beer and nachos!!! They are a pretty tame bunch but always a lot of fun.
    Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Birthday to your son, thriftygranny!

It's just after 8 here, and we have had way fewer kids than last year - and the weather is decent, so it's not that.

Sheesh, there might just be some chocolate bars left....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Unfortunately we had no kids.....lots of chocolates for me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I keep winning medium fries with McDonalds monopoly game. I have fallen in love with their egg and feta breakfast wrap.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Apologies on the LED light brand-it is Luminus and its by Conglom. The bulbs in the bathroom are audible every time I put the switch on. http://www.conglom.com/bulbs/a19-multipurpose/

Not sure who came to door for treats. I left for a second trip to library while it was still light out and saw one teen backed up by a parent in waiting car nearby. Sometime after 10pm, the lights went off. I understand from a family friend that their newer survey was swamped by trick or treaters.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Received the sample source box in the mailbox today. Few good FPC'S to use. And debating if I should let my pup have the Cesar dogfood. She eats dry kibble so it would be a treat! Just don't want it to go thru her.
    I got mine yesterday!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Ciel: the smooth cottage cheese is like yogurt, it's creamy. DH loves it so I was happy to get my box today. Lots of great samples. I loved the full sized Tylenol. I received the arthritis one as well.
    So still no furnace, dh is convinced we can make it until November. It's my fault. I created a monster. I did set the oven to self clean tonigt. It needed to get done and it warmed the house up by 3 degrees.
    What kinda temperatures is it getting down outside and inside? to that you can hold out so long?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Lilo we are with you and trying to hold out as long as possible. We talked about it last night as we were supposed to get snow over night but then when I looked at the forecast we go back up to 15 on Saturday with rain. SO far we are holding out but extra blankets have been put on the beds and there are a couple on the couch to cuddle up under.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread Information