User Tag List

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Wow. The week flew by. Took a day off work me spent it with my mom. I I still have some vacation to use up and Friday's off are nice
    Angela: I hope you little one feels better soon.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    This week felt like a long week but it is over YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The plan for today is just general tidying up. I was thinking about doing a little bit of cooking but not sure, thinking I might leave that and do it tomorrow instead.

I also need to clean up the budget today, I would like to do this well I have the house to myself so I can focus.

Time to get moving, have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn!

Our van needs some work, so our son has taken it for the day to work on it - parts will be several hundred dollars, but man, the bonus is the free labour from him - he'll probably have to work on it the whole day. And, so nice that he can use the shop space, of course - all in all, a huge savings for us.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We have a large living room window that faces the busy residential street in front of our house. This week I started doing Halloween crafts with my oldest son and my daycare kids. We have been taping the Halloween art from the middle of the window and upwards, this way we can still see out and the babies can't grab any pictures. We have one entire row of jack-o-lanterns (two different crafts), and an entire row of ghosts above that. There is room left, so I want to figure out some more crafts for my Pre-K aged children to do. The kids really like practicing their colouring, drawing, cutting, and gluing skills.

edit: I just found this skeleton idea that I might try with my kids. It'll take more prep work and time to let liquid glue dry, so we'll see how it goes.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  116.4 KB
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Oct 22nd, 2016 at 12:29 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have two great offers from PC Plus on each card a 10000 points wus 100.00 and 75000 points wus 75.00 alas I don't need that much. I hVe been scoring some good deals when I pick up the older from work. I do a quick pink sticker hunt. Last night I picked up a tortierre pie family sized for 2.33. I bought an extra to see how they freeze and one is lunch today as his shift starts at 4.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Did a quick shop at Coop to get the eye of round roasts, I was disappointed a bit because they were tiny, not sure what one does with a two pound and a half pound roast, I always like bigger ones because I like the long roasting flavour you get but the price was right, I suppose they would be great for a small family but I like leftovers too much!!
    Baked some oatmeal, coconut, chocolate chip cookies this morning, and did a few loads of laundry. I need to do one more window and I am done til spring on the outside window washing. Unfortunately it is a garden window over the sink and I have to do contortions to get to all the glass by standing in the sink. Homemade pizza is on the menu for tonight, cleaned out the freezer above the fridge and found some Italian sausage and pepperoni and some shredded mozza cheese so I am glad to use those bits and pieces up.
    Planning a batch cooking day on Monday with my daughter who is on a leave from work so we are excited to do some cooking and crafty things in the next few weeks. My Husband has a MRI on his heart in Calgary on Tuesday to see how his surgery went so I am hoping things go well, I will be going for moral support and we may stop and do some shopping in the City on the way home.
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

hi all!! Last night I spent 5 hours in the hot tub with my best friend. Great night chatting and laughing our butts off. Totally needed it!
    Did some shopping today. Found a few Christmas gifts/stocking stuffers. Started a 2nd Rubbermaid bin to hide stuff in.

Dinner tonight is steak on the BBQ with all the fixings. Then cuddle on the couch with my wonderful man and watch a movie.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Five hours FBM!!!! You must have been nicely pruned!! I am so jealous of people that enjoy hot tubs, I last about 5 minutes and I can't stand the heat and the drone of the jets, and all I can think of is human soup!!! I think if I tried one that is outside in the winter I might like it. It does sound like a fun girls night though, we always seem to forget to treat ourselves!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I got the Kitchen cleaned up this morning, I noticed some apples that needed to be used up so I made an apple cake but still have some left, will come up with something else to make tomorrow. I also make Cheesecake Wontons to use up some Wonton wrappers we had left in the fridge (these are in the oven right now).

After this was done I had to take a break and fix an issue in one of the branches.

I got a few things picked up but not as much as I would have liked, not sure what happened by the afternoon got away from me. I looked at the clock and it was 2:30 and before I knew it I looked at the clock again and it was 4:30 and needed to figure out dinner.

Dinner was a mix of things that needed to be used up out of the fridge, some rice, zucchini, mushrooms, Napa cabbage. I tried some new recipes they were okay but do not think they will make the rotation.

Time to relax, tomorrow is another day. Have a wonderful night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lazy day today-( I will admit to being a little tired after caring for the 2 year old twin boys for 10 hours yesterday!) We took our daughter to visit her birth grandparents-had some pie and tea with them.Took pics of her Grandpa's family tree and they shared some stories of their youth-always important I think for kids to know their roots-especially when they are adopted, if at all possible. When we got home, I noticed a Little Tikes slide on a front lawn a few houses down with a free sign on it so DH and I carried it home and popped it in the garage. My brother has 4 young grandchildren who visit weekly so he said he will be happy to inherit it for their use and pass it on later. Made a vegetarian lasagna for dinner.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Standing strong on not putting the heat on yet but it is getting hard, it is quite chilly in here. So I plan to use the oven today to get some heat in here.

My plan for today is to:
    Break down a large Roast we got into stewing beef packages
    Make a Beef Stew
    Make a Sheppard Pie
    Make some Homemade Buns
    Make a Spinach and Ricotta Filling

I also need to get some laundry done, good news is since I did so much last weekend it is just the basics of what we used this week which isn't a lot.

Would also like to get some general tidying up done that I did not get done yesterday but only time will tell if I get it all done today.

Since I do not know what my schedule be like for this week yet I want to have everything ready. I am waiting to hear when my car will come back from being serviced. I lucked out this year since I was the only one around this past week my car is the first to go in for Winter Maintenance. I also view this as doing my part to hopefully keep the snow away since my car will now have snow tires.

Alright time to get going, have a great day everyone

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. its been a busy week.
    Today I need to do up a menu plan. Make some stuff for my daycare kids. work a bit on dc planning .
    my plan is also to work on my family room project for about a hour or so....
    and laundry... it is never ending here.

later I will get the kitchen done. that needs a good hour of love.
    I may work on some knitting and watch some tv.
    its been a long week
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This is the first weekend that I have had two daycare boys in my care. It is a complicated family situation and this is something that Dh and I agreed that we could do in this instance. My brother contacted me yesterday to ask if we could care for his twins on Sunday and Monday. We agreed that we could do it for Sunday because Dh is home to help. I'd do almost anything for my brother, but a guy in town spotted me on the street on Thursday and told me that my brother would be back in town on Sunday to continue moving. This guy is helping to take care of my brother's house in their absence, but why wasn't I asked sooner? I've had three different family visits in the last week from relatives that live either 2.5 or 5hrs away. Why are these people not asking me in advance? One family had been in town since Monday and only gave me 1hr notice before arriving at my house in the middle of lunch time. These are family members that will go months without seeing or speaking to us. One of these family visits was literally treated like a photo opp with my children, not an actual visit. I feel like an afterthought with the belief that I am always available. It's really not a pleasant feeling. I love my family and I would like to be included, but not like this.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yesterday I went into Toronto for the Whole Life Expo and didn't spend a penny other than the GO train fare as I won free passes to it. Today is yard work.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Why are these people not asking me in advance? One family had been in town since Monday and only gave me 1hr notice before arriving at my house in the middle of lunch time. These are family members that will go months without seeing or speaking to us. One of these family visits was literally treated like a photo opp with my children, not an actual visit. I feel like an afterthought with the belief that I am always available. It's really not a pleasant feeling. I love my family and I would like to be included, but not like this.
    My family is the same.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information